• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Worst you've felt after a game?

Unforgiven

Established Member
When we lost 4-2 to liverpool at anfield in the CL two years ago. I just had so much confidence in the team then which I had lacked for a few years and to see some brilliant play from Walcott being thrown away by a dive from babel, I just felt sick. The 4-4 draw with the spuds was bad too.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
mjkgooner said:
talking to my dad about this and imagine this if you can,

in 1980 we lost against Valencia in the cup winners cup final and against West Ham in the FA Cup in the same week!

my dad went to both games and said he has never gelt so low and we sold the god that was Liam Brady that summer, so talk about a kick in the balls.

Ouch.

thegame24

Established Member
That nayim goal hurt cause it was the first bad point i experienced with arsenal, my bro almost convinced me to support united after it aswell.

Uefa cup to galtasaray hurt a lot, fa cup final pool, 1999 bergkamp miss, 99 last day, 2003 bolton away, anfield 08 was a big heart ache.

Biggest of all, Champions league final.

Its bloody sad that i have more heartaches than jubilation moments lol.

Tony Montana

Established Member
kamikaze80 said:
4-4 to Sp**s. just furious that it happened. should never lose to Sp**s like that. just absolutely pathetic. sadly, that match sums up how i feel about this team (excepting 3 or 4 players).

We drew.

I can't believe so many put the CL quarter final to Liverpool down
as the worst feeling. It was bad, but emotionally manageable for me. I mean we always bottle it. I remember moaning about us never winning the trophy. It's the same with the United game last season.

It was the CL final that was unbearable precisely because I couldn't believe we'd reached the CL final. We were so close and that Henry chance......

Tony Montana

Established Member
James said:
However, i found the Liverpool game to be heartbreaking. Perhaps it was the amount of alcohol i'd consumed, but the way we lost that game genuinely broke my heart. I celebrated Adebayors goal by throwing my pint in the air, and hugging everyone around me who i presumed were gooners. Turned out the majority were Mancs. Anyway, i was still shaking when we all know what happened next. I walked back to my place in Nottingham from the pub, sobbing, and tore my room apart.

WOW!

I was gutted, naturally. But tearing my room apart guttted no way. It was a roller coaster but I was just pissed off with Toure. I remember Gurgen saying we would have lost to Chelsea anyway.

thegame24

Established Member
So conceding not even a minute after we went all ****ing mental isnt something to feel bad about?

ricky1985

Established Member
I was more sad than angry. I knew we weren't good enough to win the whole thing. I felt Almunia in goal, the Toure/Gallas partnership, and various other parts of the team weren't 'Champions League winning' good. Even if we would have got through, I was sure we weren't going to win.

ricky1985

Established Member
Trying to remember the last time I got really angry after a defeat? I find it hard not to hit things when I'm watching us and we do something stupid, or concede a silly goal. I broke my laptop during the Fulham game at home last season (I think it was that game) I smashed my fist down right where the hard drive sits, such an idiot. Couldn't believe what I'd done in the split second afterwards.

The season before, I also whacked the desk my PC tower was sitting under and the reverberations managed to break my PC! It was during the Bolton away game, when we were 2-0 down, with 10 men. I came on here the next day, after taking my PC apart to fix it, and saw we'd come back and won 3-2.

I actually find it incredibly hard to control myself during Arsenal games, my moments of anger/frustration/ecstacy are intense to say the least.

James

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
James said:
However, i found the Liverpool game to be heartbreaking. Perhaps it was the amount of alcohol i'd consumed, but the way we lost that game genuinely broke my heart. I celebrated Adebayors goal by throwing my pint in the air, and hugging everyone around me who i presumed were gooners. Turned out the majority were Mancs. Anyway, i was still shaking when we all know what happened next. I walked back to my place in Nottingham from the pub, sobbing, and tore my room apart.
WOW!

I was gutted, naturally. But tearing my room apart guttted no way. It was a roller coaster but I was just pissed off with Touré. I remember Gurgen saying we would have lost to Chelsea anyway.
I think the sheer amount of alcohol i'd drunk had something to do with that. I was a nervous wreck that day. If i was that pissed during the other losses we've all mentioned, then i have no idea what i may've done, and probably wouldn't have been allowed in the grounds in the first place hah. Afterwards, i went around the pub to every scouser telling them exactly what i thought of their club, and how i wanted to see Chelsea knock them out. I don't think that final part are the words of any sane gooner :lol:

The thing with the final, like i mentioned, is that i knew at half time we weren't going to do it. Talking to the gooners in the ground, everyone was saying how they would've preferred being 1-0 down with 11 men. As i said, it then began to piss it down on us, and i just had this horrible empty feeling in my stomach, so it didnt really hurt too much when it happened. It only really sunk in when we all chanted "ARS-E-NUUUL" as they lifted it :(

Tony Montana

Established Member
James said:
Tony Montana said:
Afterwards, i went around the pub to every scouser telling them exactly what i thought of their club, and how i wanted to see Chelsea knock them out. I don't think that final part are the words of any sane gooner :lol:

What did you say exactly? :lol:

Don Pacifico

Established Member
I'm such an emo. I don't get angry when we lose (except normally with Wenger or Eboue) I get depressed. It's like some emotional hangover when you realise your dreams have gone down the pan.

otfgoon

Established Member
1) When we were knocked out by Chelsea in the CL
2) Losing to United in the the FA Cup semi final replay
3) CL final
4) Being knocked out by Valencia and Carew in the CL
5) 4-4 'loss' to Sp**s last season (I think that game had a massive effect on the players mentally too as we were awful for a while after that)

Can't really explain why, but those are probably my top 5. Most CL exists suck though.

James

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
James said:
Afterwards, i went around the pub to every scouser telling them exactly what i thought of their club, and how i wanted to see Chelsea knock them out. I don't think that final part are the words of any sane gooner :lol:
What did you say exactly? :lol:
I can't really remember, i was in an absolute rage. I do remember them saying "yeah but, Babel got that one at the end so it didnt matter anyway", at which point i flipped, and my mate had to drag me out.

Being a man who once lived in Nottingham also, this was in the Southbank near the City Ground.

kamikaze80

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
kamikaze80 said:
4-4 to Sp**s. just furious that it happened. should never lose to Sp**s like that. just absolutely pathetic. sadly, that match sums up how i feel about this team (excepting 3 or 4 players).
We drew.
not in my mind, that was a loss.

James

Established Member
That doesn't feel right Kami, reading your post and not seeing the tube station next to it. You were the voice of the underground!

Rohit

Established Member
FA Cup final in 2001. We had not won a thing in 3 years, played Liverpool off the park, blatant hand balls on the line were not seen and 2 goals conceeded in the last 10 minutes. Too much to take.

CL Final.

2-2 against Bolton in 2003 after having dominated and led 2-0. The title was lost when we really should have won it. I flung my remote and almost broke my TV.

UEFA Cup final in 2000.

James

Established Member
Rohit said:
2-2 against Bolton in 2003 after having dominated and led 2-0. The title was lost when we really should have won it. I flung my remote and almost broke my TV.
Good shout. That felt horrible coming out of there. Not only knowing we'd thrown it away, but the way our players were treated by Bolton and the referee. We were deliberately kicked off the park.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
USArsenal said:
Original_AAA said:
The 1-2 loss to Chelsea in the CL during the unbeaten run had me heartbroken for days, if not weeks. If there ever has been a team that should have won the CL, it should have been The Invincibles.
this.. full stop.. ive never felt worse after a match.. not even the 2-1 loss to Barca in the CL final.. this was the year we should have won it all.. it was the year Porto won it, and we could have had it all had we finished it off v. Chelsea.. still gutted about it..

Definately.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom