• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wright Phillips vs. Joaquin

Who would you choose - Shaun Wright-Phillips, or Joaquin?

• Shaun Wright-Phillips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joaquin Sanchez

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

asajoseph

Established Member
Which would you choose?

My vote is for Wright-Phillips. Perhaps he doesn't have quite as much skill as Joaquin, I love his directness, and his end product is extremely effective...

Ryanzinhhio

Yep Wright-Phillips for me, you know what you are going to get from the lad and that is 100% aswel as all of his over qualities. He could become even better with Arsenal and would be a great player to have and with Man City's financial troubles although they say they will not sell, they will have to face realities that they can't stand in his way and do need the finance.

Rapid88

Neither, but for the sake of this poll it would be Wright Phillips. Joaquin is a bit of a show boater and would get worked out quick in the prem. He would get chopped constantly like Reyes does. Joaquin reminds me of C Ronaldo but not as good.

Mark

Established Member
Joaquin is more talented, but he just wouldn't fit in in the Premiership imo. Wright-Phillips has been causing all Premiership defences all kinds of problems consistently so he would be a better bet probably.

Ratinho

Established Member
I've only really seen one (last) season of a good Wright-Phillips, and Joaquin has been around for a bit now. I believe Joquin is the more talented, and would fit into the Prem as he is very strong and can be very direct. Of course, we already know how good Wright-Phillips can be in the Prem, and neither have anything to note in europe.

I thought i'd come in and say, obviously Joaquin, but after thinking about it, i'm not so sure. Sean's an Arsenal boy too........yep, that passion would turn me completely around, i'd prefer Wright-Phillips.

Plus we couldn't afford Joaquin, with the likes of Chelsea and Madrid sniffing around him. Or more to the point, we could afford him, but we can't afford to stick all our money on a winger.

asajoseph

Established Member
Well Ratinho, playing for Man City isn't exactly the right place to start off a European career, is it? And I was pretty impressed with the goal he scored on his international debut...

Plus, Wright-Phillips I feel has a lot of scope for improvement - as you say, Joaquin has been around for a few seasons, and his final ball is STILL abysmal. Yes, he has more talent at running at players, but if you can't pass it, it's not you're not much use...

Ratinho

Established Member
That was my point. Betis isn't exactly Champ League Central, is it?

Both of their final balls/crossing are disgraceful for a winger/wide midfielder.

asajoseph

Established Member
I don't know Ratinho, I think Wright-Phillips is more direct. Most of his dribbles end up in the box. Joaquin stays wide a lot more. Beats his full-back, then does bugger all...

Rocafella

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Joaquin has been around for a few seasons, and his final ball is STILL abysmal. Yes, he has more talent at running at players, but if you can't pass it, it's not you're not much use...

And Ljungbergs final ball isn't abysmal 99% of the time ? :wink:

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Ljungberg sets up plenty of goals. His final ball is actually pretty good.

I would choose Wright-Phillips. Once Wright-Phillips final ball gets slightly better then he'll be close to being world-class in my opinion. For all the skill and ability Joaquin has....half the time he doesn't look bothered and doesn't try nearly hard enough. Desire and commitment play a big role in being successful in the EPL.

A

Anonymous

Wak-eem is so much the more talented.
He's better than Ronaldo which is something in itself.

SWP is a midget with firepower.
It's embarrising to watch him play sometimes just for that.

kel varnsen

Established Member
i say joaquin, because he's the better footballer. still, it'd be a lot easier signing swp and a lot cheaper...

omdtm

I would say Wright-Phillips... Hey, he's Ian Wright's son, isn't he? I've got he's a gunner...

Joaquin would really cost a lot, and I don't think he's worth more than 8 million pounds, altough he would cost 2 or 3 times that value...

I'll go with SWP then...

Anyway they both would be "long-time-replacement", as Ljungberg is still better than both of them.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
seen them both. joaqiun pwns. really good player. like ronaldo without all the useless showboating rubbish and a functioning sense of balance. really good player. but freddie is awesome. dont really need him

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Top Bottom