• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wrong Info

kanooo

OneProudGooner said:
That's a different Gilberto, our one is Gilberto SILVA.

Oh. My mistake. Working all week and haven't watched a single match from the tournament yet. Only read the reports.

AFCG7

Established Member
I think Gilberto should always start ahea dof Emerson from now onwards. Emerson is **** nowadays.

KingReyes

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
I think Gilberto should always start ahea dof Emerson from now onwards. Emerson is s**t nowadays.

Emerson is quality and personally I'd rather that none of our players get selected for the countries. Thats just my opinion.

AFCG7

Established Member
KingReyes .. in the last 6 months Emerson hasnt been quality.. he may be going through a bad patch but right now he is nowhere near the kind of quality that should keep him in the Brasil starting eleven.

KingReyes

Established Member
It depends what you mean by quality? I feel Emerson has played a key role in Juve's success in the Serie A, especially when he's had to play alongside average players like Blasi, Tacchinardi and Appiah.

Emerson has never been a player that sets the world on fire, sort of like Gilberto who has been praised by most members on this forum for his work rate off the ball, the same can be said for Emerson.

Also Emerson's ball control and passing is far better than Giberto's, and I just don't see what Gilberto has done in the past 1 - 2 years that suddenly makes him first choice over Emerson.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
how about playing every minute for the 2002 WC winners, playing a vital role in Arsenal's title winning (and unbeaten) run, and having his club side blatantly struggle defensively without him... i would say the numbers speak for themselves.... he isn't "suddenly" first choice over Emerson, he has been...

KingReyes

Established Member
Gilberto only played World Cup 2002 because Emerson suffered an injury just before the tournament started. Also last summer Emerson was a potential transfer target for both Juve and Real Madrid which the former managed to acquire, Who wanted Gilberto?

I won't deny Gilberto is a key player for Arsenal but he's no Emerson. Just my opinion.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
How do you know he was a potential transfer target for these clubs? Press reports? How do you know these clubs didn't contact Arsenal and make offers that were refused for Poly?

Poly is a better player than Emerson now. Maybe not in 2002 but he is now. Defensive intelligence is as important to a successful side as attacking intelligence, and Poly is to defence what Bergkamp is to the attack.

AFCG7

Established Member
THats all i'm saying.. Emerson has a reutation but this isnt being manifested on the pitch... right now even Renato is playing better than him. Again today vs Mexico Emerson was poor and ineffective and yet Gilberto was still left on the bench.

velimir85

AFCG7 said:
THats all i'm saying.. Emerson has a reutation but this isnt being manifested on the pitch... right now even Renato is playing better than him. Again today vs Mexico Emerson was poor and ineffective and yet Gilberto was still left on the bench.

True...it's just not good coaching to leave a player on the pitch just because of the reputation...and they were punished for that to some extent,I think...

14teranga

Emerson is sure quality but it is true that he did not perform that well in the last couple of months anyway I'd rather have Gilberto rested than playing this second rate tournament.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom