Yohann Pelé

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Anonymous, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Clrnc

Clrnc Well-Known Member Trusted

poom left because watford specifically wanted poom and not almunia.

then again, it would not be long before almunia leaves

2. Nutsy

Nutsy New Member Elite

Yeah, but look at it this way, If Wenger really thinks that Fabianski will replace Almunia, he wouldn't let Poom go, despite the fact that Watford want Poom specifically.

Makes sense ain't it?

3. Clrnc

wait. why won't he let poom go?

that mannone is coming back, and we still have that wosjech scynezh(sp) for third choice. furthermore poom is utter useless in our squad.

and that nobody wants almunia yet :(

4. M+D

M+D New Member Trusted

I really want this guy to make it at Arsenal, just to see all the fans and commentators different pronouncitaions of his name :lol: :lol:

5. Nutsy

Nutsy New Member Elite

Well, although he's not that proven much in the Premiership games, Poom is a decent back up keeper to be honest.Have you seen him play recently mate? - Kept a clean sheet at the Pompey game though :D There are qualities of Poom you cant really see to be honest.

And side note he will do very well with Watford.

6. M+D

M+D New Member Trusted

Yohan Pele on a free transfer?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2009/02/18/1114978/yohann-pele-i-could-leave-le-mans-for-arsenal-this-summer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer ... his-summer</a>
    I know he used to be rated very highly, lost track of him since then though. But on a free transfer he could be a good signing i reckon. Anyone know whther he'd be number 1, number 2, or number 3?

7. longrufus

longrufus New Member Elite

Re: Yohan Pele on a free transfer?

We were after him a few years back too.

I would see him as a number 2, he has far more expeirence at a higher standard than Fabianski, so if we were to sign him, as a number 3 it wouldn't really make sense.

8. Clrnc

I watch french ligue highlights regularly and this guy always produce impressive flying saves. Was rated very highly few years ago, and we were always in for him till now.

Would be a good signing especially on a free transfer tbh.

9. TomasCR

TomasCR New Member Trusted

It completely makes sense to me. Fennch league, Blanc, for free, why not.

Not so sure we need it right now though, isn´t Fabianski good enough for the job?

10. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Arse Emeritus Administrator

I see that Le Mans are struggling - Y. Pele has conceded 30 goals in 18 games in Ligue 1. He got an NT call up at the end of 2008 v Tunisia.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.lfp.fr/joueur/index.asp?no_joueur=101444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.lfp.fr/joueur/index.asp?no_joueur=101444</a>

Admittedly not knowing anything about him, I would think someone at that age would be brought in for #2 with a view to providing some form of competition for Al. I can still see Al being our #1 next season though.

11. Klaus Daimler

Klaus Daimler New Member Trusted

I think he'd be a great buy. That way we can both improve the direct competition for first spot - something that I'm sure will make Almunia develop even further - and afford to send Fabianski out on loan for a season or two. I thought it was gonna be Wayne Hennessey at first since the rumour mill's been grinding on that one for a while, but Pelé sounds even more likely and as a better option.

12. longrufus

longrufus New Member Elite

I like that thinking Klaus, bringing Pele in will allow Fabianski to be loaned out and get some much needed game time and expeirence. He is never going to develop into a first team keeper sitting on the bench, and is far too raw at the minute to be thrown into the mix.

13. AFCG7

AFCG7 New Member Elite

Hennessy is a good keeper as well , would be interesting to know how far our interest in him went. As for Pele he was really good two seasons back , but i havent heard his name mentioned a lot since.

14. godfather

godfather New Member

Free for a 26 years old french international keeper.
    Why not, especially our No1 can't even get a call up by his country.

15. arsmile

arsmile Well-Known Member

awful reasoning...why dont we sign the dijiboutian number one?

if this is with a view to loan out fab it could be an alright idea.

16. Illusion

Illusion New Member Trusted

He's good in FM..

17. -vapour-

-vapour- New Member

If I was on FM I wouldn't think twice about signing him on a free. However, it means more wages to be paid in reality but he could still be worth a shot as long as it doesn't unsettle anyone and will begin to push Almunia for number 1.

18. godfather

godfather New Member

is the french international level equals dijiboutian level?
    What I mean was, if he is a french international not matter if hes No1, No2 or No3, then he can't be a bad choice for us anyway. espacially for free. otherwaise do you expect AW to spend 5m+ on a keeper?

19. arsmile

arsmile Well-Known Member

what i mean is pele wouldnt have been called up if he was spanish- just like the dijiboutian no.1 wouldnt have. I dont expect wenger to spend any money on a keeper because al and fab have it covered. but as i said- there is no harm in bringing one in for free- however there is harm in assuming he's worthwhile because he got an international call up (although not a cap as far as i can tell).international caps dont prove anything, much less just international call ups.

20. nazo

nazo New Member Elite

I've always seen him a showboater, yes a showboating gk.

He makes easy saves look like they're unbelievable and tries to dive as much as he can (for the ball). He's a half decent gk though.