• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yohann Pelé

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 204
  • Views 9,084

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Gunners_Nadz said:
Thing is, would be difficult

Last season, Almunia has stepped up even after the blooody bluder he did the CLs Season in '05/06. Last season, although in cup games, Almunia is arguably was at his best even surpassing Mad Jens' current form. Which I think would give a different view in Wenger's side.

Yes, Fabianski is proven, but must remember, only in the Polish league. But I suppose if you consider his international debut he is impressive, but his handlings a bit poor, but nothing big of an issue that can be solved easily.

I suppose if you compare him to Pele in International career prospect, Pele has yet to make his international debut and only proven in the French Ligue. Simply put, buying a keeper who has experienced in one league and expects him to go up as a second choice keeper above a keeper who proved ( even though it's a small bit ) in some games in the Premiership in pecking order is out of line to be honest..

I have said previously that Fabiaski should replace Almunia, but seeing that Poom's the one who's actually leaving puts me in a different perspective to be honest
poom left because watford specifically wanted poom and not almunia.

then again, it would not be long before almunia leaves

Nutsy

Established Member
Yeah, but look at it this way, If Wenger really thinks that Fabianski will replace Almunia, he wouldn't let Poom go, despite the fact that Watford want Poom specifically.

Makes sense ain't it?

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

wait. why won't he let poom go?

that mannone is coming back, and we still have that wosjech scynezh(sp) for third choice. furthermore poom is utter useless in our squad.

and that nobody wants almunia yet :(

M+D

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
wosjech scynezh(sp)

I really want this guy to make it at Arsenal, just to see all the fans and commentators different pronouncitaions of his name :lol: :lol:

Nutsy

Established Member
Well, although he's not that proven much in the Premiership games, Poom is a decent back up keeper to be honest.Have you seen him play recently mate? - Kept a clean sheet at the Pompey game though :D There are qualities of Poom you cant really see to be honest.

And side note he will do very well with Watford.

M+D

Established Member
Yohan Pele on a free transfer?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2009/02/18/1114978/yohann-pele-i-could-leave-le-mans-for-arsenal-this-summer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer ... his-summer</a>
Le Mans goalkeeper Yohann Pele has revealed that Premier League side Arsenal want to sign him on a free transfer at the end of the season.

The 26-year-old's contract at the Stade Leon-Bollee is set to expire in the summer, and the Gunners have apparently offered him the chance to move abroad.

The 6ft 5in custodian has played his entire career to date with MUC 72 and may decide to remain in L'Hexagone, as Bordeaux are also said to be interested in his services.

"[Bordeaux manager Laurent] Blanc has been a player; as a consequence he knows what the game is about," Pele told Canal + when asked about his future.

"[Arsenal manager Arsène] Wenger has been in the footballing sphere for a while and I’m yet to make up my mind.

"Playing for Bordeaux would mean staying in the French league, but as far as I’m concerned I’d rather move to another European league.

"Anyway, I’m not ruling out any option. My contract is due to end [in the summer] and I have refused to sign a new deal.

"Working with Laurent Blanc and Arsène Wenger [would be] pleasant."

I know he used to be rated very highly, lost track of him since then though. But on a free transfer he could be a good signing i reckon. Anyone know whther he'd be number 1, number 2, or number 3?

longrufus

Established Member
Re: Yohan Pele on a free transfer?

We were after him a few years back too.

I would see him as a number 2, he has far more expeirence at a higher standard than Fabianski, so if we were to sign him, as a number 3 it wouldn't really make sense.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I watch french ligue highlights regularly and this guy always produce impressive flying saves. Was rated very highly few years ago, and we were always in for him till now.

Would be a good signing especially on a free transfer tbh.

TomasCR

Established Member

It completely makes sense to me. Fennch league, Blanc, for free, why not.

Not so sure we need it right now though, isn´t Fabianski good enough for the job?

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

I see that Le Mans are struggling - Y. Pele has conceded 30 goals in 18 games in Ligue 1. He got an NT call up at the end of 2008 v Tunisia.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.lfp.fr/joueur/index.asp?no_joueur=101444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.lfp.fr/joueur/index.asp?no_joueur=101444</a>

Admittedly not knowing anything about him, I would think someone at that age would be brought in for #2 with a view to providing some form of competition for Al. I can still see Al being our #1 next season though.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

I think he'd be a great buy. That way we can both improve the direct competition for first spot - something that I'm sure will make Almunia develop even further - and afford to send Fabianski out on loan for a season or two. I thought it was gonna be Wayne Hennessey at first since the rumour mill's been grinding on that one for a while, but Pelé sounds even more likely and as a better option.

longrufus

Established Member

I like that thinking Klaus, bringing Pele in will allow Fabianski to be loaned out and get some much needed game time and expeirence. He is never going to develop into a first team keeper sitting on the bench, and is far too raw at the minute to be thrown into the mix.

AFCG7

Established Member

Hennessy is a good keeper as well , would be interesting to know how far our interest in him went. As for Pele he was really good two seasons back , but i havent heard his name mentioned a lot since.

godfather

Free for a 26 years old french international keeper.
Why not, especially our No1 can't even get a call up by his country.

arsmile

Established Member

godfather said:

awful reasoning...why dont we sign the dijiboutian number one?

if this is with a view to loan out fab it could be an alright idea.

-vapour-

If I was on FM I wouldn't think twice about signing him on a free. However, it means more wages to be paid in reality but he could still be worth a shot as long as it doesn't unsettle anyone and will begin to push Almunia for number 1.

godfather

arsmile said:
godfather said:

is the french international level equals dijiboutian level?
What I mean was, if he is a french international not matter if hes No1, No2 or No3, then he can't be a bad choice for us anyway. espacially for free. otherwaise do you expect AW to spend 5m+ on a keeper?

arsmile

Established Member

godfather said:
arsmile said:
godfather said:

is the french international level equals dijiboutian level?
What I mean was, if he is a french international not matter if hes No1, No2 or No3, then he can't be a bad choice for us anyway. espacially for free. otherwaise do you expect AW to spend 5m+ on a keeper?

what i mean is pele wouldnt have been called up if he was spanish- just like the dijiboutian no.1 wouldnt have. I dont expect wenger to spend any money on a keeper because al and fab have it covered. but as i said- there is no harm in bringing one in for free- however there is harm in assuming he's worthwhile because he got an international call up (although not a cap as far as i can tell).international caps dont prove anything, much less just international call ups.

nazo

Established Member

I've always seen him a showboater, yes a showboating gk.

He makes easy saves look like they're unbelievable and tries to dive as much as he can (for the ball). He's a half decent gk though.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom