• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yohann Pelé

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 204
  • Views 9,092

Mostarac

Established Member
Off-topic a bit, but I will tell you who has the ability to be world-class. Marco Amelia(Livorno) has been Serie A`s best goalkeeper so far this season, and he is just 23 years old. We should be looking at him.

Jkreffer

Established Member
I know absolutely nothing about this guy. Thats probably a good thing looking at some of Wengers previous buys.

Asterix

Established Member
Yohann Pele - 23 years old, French, 194cm (or about 6'4").

Marco Amelia is also 23, is Italian and is 188cm tall.

Goalkeeper heights are a bit of a hobby of mine, and I've been collecting them for a while - here is my updated list:

Iker Casillas, Silvio Proto – 184
Sebastian Viera, Timo Hildebrand - 185
Shay Given, Jose Reina – 187
Oliver Kahn, Carlo Cudicini, Pat Jennings, Marco Amelia – 188
Sebastien Frey, Fabian Carini - 189
Gianluigi Buffon, Jens Lehmann, Morgan De Sanctis – 190
Christian Abbiati, Manuel Almunia, Paul Robinson, Robert Green, Flavio Roma – 191
Stipe Pletikosa - 192
David Seaman, Peter Schmeichel, Ivan Pelizzoli, Stuart Taylor, Artur Boruc – 193
Maarten Stekelenburg, Yohann Pele - 194
Dida – 195
David James, Mark Schwarzer – 196
Petr Cech, Edwin van der Sar – 197
Andreas Isaksson – 199
(and I had to put in Aussie reserve keeper) Zeljko Kalac – 202

Wheelori

"Goalkeeper heights are a bit of a hobby of mine, and I've been collecting them for a while"

wouldn't tell too many people that matey. :wink:

brianfrance

Established Member
Asterix said:
Wanna see my anorak collection :wink:

:lol: :lol:

Not arsenal material, but as we have a deal with Le Mans, it very probable one of their player will have a trial with us during winter.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
PSV's Brazilina keeper Gomes. Has played CL for two seasons, a proven player. :thumbup: If Arsène signs him, we will be free of the goalie worry for the next 10 years.

pg1989

Yeah i agree Gomes is pure class. I would make it a deal like with Vela where we buy him and then loan him back out to PSV. I wouldn't get him straight away because at the minute Lehmann is on fire and is a top quality keeper.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom