• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

"You Only Sing When You're Winning!"

A

Anonymous

you guys are actually contemplating that you would rather have arsenal lose and become mediocre so as to lose some crappy fans that you shouldn't even really care about?

im sure the club would love to know that its "hardcore" support cares for it so much.
We werent contemplating it, we were making a discussion about it. It is an interesting discussion. If you were like us you would understand what we are talking about, i am fed up with being laughed at by opposition fans every home game.

Gurgen

Established Member
Who gives a **** about the opposition fans? You know this kind of things are bound to happen when you're succesfull, I know it and I get mad too when I was at Highbury and two yups were beside me silent all the time but it's an unstoppable phenomenon unfortunately. Just enjoy the succes.

quattro- note the word hypothetical. am i to take it you never made it down on saturday son? now i dont now how often you get down to Highbury but im guessing if you were in more frequent attendance then perhaps you could relate to parts of this discussion. you also failed to realise guvnor mentioning how much he's (as is everyonelse) enjoying the clubs current purple patch. so in future before you go shouting your mouth of to those that are there and are trying to make an effort i suggest you think!

ps- why shouldnt we care about the "fans" that arent making the effort when we're being painted with the very same brush?

quattro

its not about "if you were like us you would understand". anyone who should dare call himself an arsenal fan (or IMO any football fan) should understand what you are saying about lousy home support and how its shameful in the light of the fantastic football the team is playing and how the team deserves more from the fans in the stands than they are getting. this is football after all, where fan support is probably just as important as goals. this is an unfortunate state of affairs when the seats in the stands are inhabited by people who dont go there to actually watch the team when so many who can and will are waiting for a ticket. however, IMO instead of contemplating the team's demise (which is similar to "discussing" it in the context of its desirable consequences) what i as a fan outside england am wondering is why this is so? are those quiet in the stands really not there to watch (meaning they're there for another reason other than football)? if so, then how did they get access to tickets in front of longtime support? is it all just about money?

mind you, im not castigating any opinion especially from the ones who take the slack from rival fans, its just im just as baffled and disheartened about the sad state of affairs of the support in the stands. last question... do you guys think that it will change in ashburton grove?

A

Anonymous

Its a good reply Quattro, please dont make the mistake of thinking i am slagging you or anyone else off because you dont follow Arsenal regularly, i know you would love to get to the games but unfortunate geographic barriers prevent it. What you need to see though is that people like myself, 1886 and Sol all love the atmosphere, i know that i myself make it my duty in the stands to get behind the team. And what really angers me is when some thick **** yuppy sits there moaning all game and never bothers to support the team. This is what we are griping about as it is all to common sight at highbury. Since a child i have been fascinated by atmospheres, even today, although less so, i get goosebumps or shivers every so often every time i walk onto the terrace and see and hear thousands of fans singing as one. For me it is something i enjoy being involved in as much as i enjoy watching the match. So that is why i get so angry at the poor support. I still love going to England matches as i dont think you find a better support anywhere. Whenever we start singing the great escape, antional anthem, or england til i die, it always still makes me go all tingly. I know its not the same for everyone but atmosphere is what i love. I and others try our hardest but are fighting a losing battle. I love to see arsenal win and i am enjoying this purple patch, but the thought has crossed my mind that maybe if we werent so successful that we could once again generate some sort of atmosphere.
The problem is the real fans, i only class people who sing as real fans, are too spread out and mixed in with yuppies. I think we bring in a certain block, where fans can go and stand together in that certain block of seats. then all people who want to sing can go there, or if not can look over there and hear what we are singing. This idea was suggested on the herd forum. Maybe it is something we can put into place at Ashburton. Say a block of 400 seats, where you can buy a ticket for this block, but not for individual seats in that block. this means if you get a ticket for it you can stand anywhere in the block. this means friends can all stand together etc. I am sure this idea would work and would provide a large group of supporters the chance to stand together and sing together rather than being spread far and wide as we are at highbury. Maybe that idea of designating a block of seats should be suggested at an Arsenal meeting, as the directors pretend to be so keen on improving atmospheres.

The difference is some fans are there to watch AND support, some are just there to be entertained, these greedy bastards dont supply and atmosphere and should be booted out. I care about away fans as i usually stand next to them and get personal attacks saying things like "oi gooner shall i explain what singing is" and things like that. As 1886 says we, the ones who try our hardest, are still getting tainted with the same brush.
keep the faith
EIE

A

Anonymous

last question... do you guys think that it will change in ashburton grove?
I really really hope so, but knowing our club they will hike the prices even more to make sure the remaining middle class fans cant make the switch from highbury to ashburton, and that all 20,000 extra seats are taken up by business men.
Hopefully this wont happen and Ashburton will allow more regular fans to get in.

A

Anonymous

i rmb the totenham game at highbury this season after anderton scored everyone was soo quiey :( i rmb henry had to try and work the crowd ljungberg does that as well..
i really wish we start sinign when we are down to try and inspire the team

A

Anonymous

"good team **** fans, good team **** fans, good team **** fans, good team **** fans".

We even have other teams singing for us these days. Manure vs charlton, man u started singing "champions champions" and charlton fans came back with "arsenallll arsenallll arsenal".
Also last weekend liverpool vs Boro, boro fans started singing "thierry henry, thierry henry, thierry henry" to the liverpool fans. ;D
why cant our fans get a sense of humour like that ? we had it for a breaf spell away to leeds in league, we started singing "Are you tottenham in disguise" and when henry missed a long range strike we started singing "what the ****ing hell was that" :mrgreen:

A

Anonymous

theguvnor said:
"good team s**t fans, good team s**t fans, good team s**t fans, good team s**t fans".

We even have other teams singing for us these days. Manure vs charlton, man u started singing "champions champions" and charlton fans came back with "arsenallll arsenallll arsenal".
Also last weekend liverpool vs Boro, boro fans started singing "thierry henry, thierry henry, thierry henry" to the liverpool fans. ;D
why cant our fans get a sense of humour like that ? we had it for a breaf spell away to leeds in league, we started singing "Are you tottenham in disguise" and when henry missed a long range strike we started singing "what the f****g hell was that" :mrgreen:

Were you at Newcastle this year? We showed a good sense of humour there and outsung the famous geordies, but I agree on the whole our fans are so unoriginal.

Jkreffer

Established Member
I don't thinl the atmosphere was THAT bad at Birmingham. It was certainly better!
I just can't understand it. Someone will start singing, and all the people around that guy will sort of look at him with an embarressed smile on as if not knowing what to do. Sooner or later u realise your the only one supporting and have to retire through embarressment.
The west lower was particuly ****e. The north tho was good. Flags, balloons, singing it had everything at the beginning, before they sit back into their comfort barrier and just spectate rather than support.
We need to give more, we might as well watch on TV if this is all we can come up with. It would be cheaper.

A

Anonymous

Were you at Newcastle this year? We showed a good sense of humour there and outsung the famous geordies, but I agree on the whole our fans are so unoriginal.
Was mate, yeh that was a good atmosphere as well, im not saying it doesnt happen, but we are unoriginal and boring, mainly because we struggle to get "arsennnaaallll arsenal arsenal" going let alone new chants.
think we should sing "arsenal til i die" more often, i love that song

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom