• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Young French Strikers?

eddiej321

I would still love to bring in another striker. Bergkamp is great but is obviously old and will not be able to play to much this year. Aliadiare is weak and injury prone. Van Persie is unproven. There was some talk about Menez a while ago but that died down.

Look at all the good young French and Ivory Coastian strikers and attacking mids there are: Briand (Would Love him!), Ben Arfa, Nasri, Dja Djedje, Menez, Gueye (senegalese but in France), Djiba, Kalou, and I believe there are more.

To have one of these guys learn behind Henry would be fantastic. Hopefully we will be playing so many games in the Cups and CL that we would have time to use them.

jester

Established Member
as young strikers go we've got reyes & aliadiere. we've also got a young englishman in ryan smith, and we got lupoli. They dont have to be french to copy henry and learn off him.
but i'm sure if any worthy youngsters are about Arsène would know...

goonerlove

Not too sure about Ali any more. His latest injury is a devastating blow.

With Reyes (20?), RVP (20?), and Ryan Smith (under 20?), we have 3 pretty young talents, one of whom is already showing his ability in the EPL. RVP looks like he is the real deal. Ryan Smith sounds promising.

After this year with Bergkamp retiring, I wonder what Wenger will do. Can he rely on just Henry, Reyes, RVP with Ryan Smith and a very young Lupoli to provide enough depth?

My guess is that he will pick up another 23-25 year old striker either in the winter or next summer transfer window.

Goonerlove

jester

Established Member
someone like govou would be perfect. young and already experienced and proven at high levels.

ethanen

eddiej321 said:
I would still love to bring in another striker. Bergkamp is great but is obviously old and will not be able to play to much this year. Aliadiare is weak and injury prone. Van Persie is unproven. There was some talk about Menez a while ago but that died down.

Look at all the good young French and Ivory Coastian strikers and attacking mids there are: Briand (Would Love him!), Ben Arfa, Nasri, Dja Djedje, Menez, Gueye (senegalese but in France), Djiba, Kalou, and I believe there are more.

To have one of these guys learn behind Henry would be fantastic. Hopefully we will be playing so many games in the Cups and CL that we would have time to use them.
you are saying we need to buy a striker because van persie is unproven but I never heard of the players you suggested, are they more proven then van persie.??

eddiej321

I know they are all unproven also...But what I mean is there is a chance VP wont contribute..and there is a chance none of those guys would either...but in a years time at least one should be able to fill in Bergkamp's space, and I would like to get another youngster to come compete for it.

brianfrance

Established Member
eddiej321 said:

Menez : As I've heard, Ferguson had an excellent feeling with him. He asked him to come at M.U. (in the same process than we did with Flamini) but finally Menez has signed his first pro contract (after Pedretti insistance..)
Ben Arfa : Would love, but he'll sign at lyon and stay there for a while
Nasri : Has already signed for Marseille, but would love to see him here too
DjaDjeDje : At the moment, I don't rate him!
Gueye : Overrated IMO
Kalou : good passer, bad finisher. Don't want him here

You miss Nonda who is open to talk to leave Monaco. HE IS the man.

Arjan

If you like Kalou, have a look at his younger brother, Salomon Kalou.
He plays for Feyenoord in Holland and he has more talent then his older brother. If Ruud Gullit gives him a decent chance.

Jinn

Established Member
What's the point of bringing in an unproven striker when the one you have hasn't had the chance of proving himself yet?

We have a decent squad: we don't need anymore strikers!

jacc_7_1

RVP is defintely more proven than all the names that you mention..
bently will be back after a year so we need not get more young strikers

brianfrance

Established Member
When you speak about Menez, Ben Arfa, it's like speak about Fabregas IMO. They aren't normal players. They are highly talented, so there's no question, if we can take them of course we must do.
Buy a future world class player will never worry me :D

KingReyes

Established Member
brianfrance said:
When you speak about Menez, Ben Arfa, it's like speak about Fabregas IMO. They aren't normal players. They are highly talented, so there's no question, if we can take them of course we must do.
Buy a future world class player will never worry me :D

Menez, looks really good Brian. I remember Manure wanted but thankfully he signed pro terms with Sochaux i believe. Saw him in the Under 17 tournament where there was Cesc aswell and Menez impressed me immense, also Ben Arfa is highly talented.

brianfrance

Established Member
Actually, I compare Menez to Ibrahimovic. They are both complete players with high technic (very high!) and an impressive physical football.
Menez IMO is better than Ben Arfa.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Latest posts

Top Bottom