• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Youngest player to win Premier League?

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
So this thread is very random, but why am I reading that Phil Foden being the youngest player to win the Premier League?

To qualify, do you not have to play a minimum of 10 matches?

Gael Clichy still holds that record, but the British media keep on mentioning Foden having played 5 matches is the youngest.

That's BS!

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Looks like the EPL changed the rules that you now only need to play 5 games and the club can give out their medals as they see fit. Foden was given one so I'm guessing that is why they are dubbing him the youngest winner as he was about to turn 18/just turned 18 in late May 2018 when he got his and Clichy was 18y 10m at the time of receiving his medal with AFC.

Up until the 2012/13 season, the Premier League would only award medals to payers who played ten or more of the season’s 38 games. Because that routinely resulted in essential role-players not receiving medals — back-up goalkeepers, for instance — that tally was later lowered to five Premier League games.

Retired Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has since revealed the league has altered the rules again: Now, they hand the winning team a set amount of medals (about 40), which the club can then distribute however they see fit. A bit fairer, but still harsh.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/05/who-gets-premier-league-winners-medal

City will be given 40 commemorative medals, which are made of silver and are 2.25in (5.7cm) in diameter.

They can be distributed to the manager, players and officials as the club sees fit, as long as every player who has made at least five PL appearances this season gets one.

www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11679/11291057/who-gets-a-premier-league-winners-medal-for-manchester-city

Random note, but in looking this up I see Mendy got one aswell. :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom