• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Your favourite players to watch play the game of football,

Goonereagle

Past time--though he is still actively banging in goals: Ronaldo/R9/ El Fenemeno. He is simply the greatest striker this generation has seen (in my opinion), and a contender for greatest of all time. A scorer of great goals, and a great goal scorer who rose to big games. Skill, Pace, power and contributes in assisting. 3 Devastating injuries couldn't even hold him back. My fave of all time, just edging past Bergkamp. Zidane is obviously up there aswell.

Current: I'd say Kaka. Weirdly seems quicker on the ball than off. Glides past players, rifles the ball in the net with both feet. Great dribbler even though he doesn't perform numerous step overs or tricks. And what an advocate for the sport off the field.

Also, Inieista and Xavi together are somethign special to watch. Small fellas, who mre than make up for their size with passing and control that you could watch all day.

Gerrard will be a great, but it's hard to enjoy him as he plays for a rival premiership team.

True Gooner

Established Member
Unforgiven said:
I like the fact that nobody has said ronaldo. Everyone is tired of him dancing over a ball when the game is already won.

I don't like Ronaldo's attitude either. ****.

I'm slightly surprised that Ronaldinho hasn't got a mention.

Goonereagle

I don't think CR7 will ever surpass his name sake R9.

The Portuguese man goes out there and tries to force his greatness on everyone. Acting, diving, always aware of the cameras after every involvement.

Whereas The Brazilian goes out there and shows he IS greatness. Letting everything flow naturally; not bothered about the cameras, concentrated on scoring or assisting, does a trick when needed, not for the sake of it.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
Cristiano Ronaldo is a brilliant player. Still the most dangerous player in the world imo. But, yeah, I can understand not liking to watch him.

DaGunners

Established Member
Henry winning the CL took him above Ronaldo in terms of status in the game for me. Ronaldo was above Henry, but now only Zidane is above Titi for me.

Goonereagle

DaGunners said:
Henry winning the CL took him above Ronaldo in terms of status in the game for me. Ronaldo was above Henry, but now only Zidane is above Titi for me.
Surely you're not talking about the Ronaldo? As in 3 time World Player of the year Ronaldo? As in all time World Cup top goals scorer Ronaldo? The same Ronaldo who has scored in a Final? :wink:

As much as I love Terrance, surely he will not go down as a better player than Ronaldo (R9).

True Gooner

Established Member
I think it's up for debate to be honest. I think the real Ronaldo was sensational at his peak but Henry kept it going for much longer.

Goonereagle

True Gooner said:
I think it's up for debate to be honest. I think the real Ronaldo was sensational at his peak but Henry kept it going for much longer.
In my opinion it's barely up for debate. Ronaldo is still scoring goals--and he did at Milan.

Ronaldo has missed around 3+ years, yet his record is tremendous. I don't know many players who could have the horrific injuries he has had and continue to play at the highest level. Ronaldo scores in Finals aswell. (Sorry to keep bangin' on about Thierry's lack of goals in Finals, but he's played in many, and had chances.)

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
Goonereagle said:
True Gooner said:
In my opinion it's barely up for debate. Ronaldo is still scoring goals--and he did at Milan.

Ronaldo has missed around 3+ years, yet his record is tremendous. I don't know many players who could have the horrific injuries he has had and continue to play at the highest level. Ronaldo scores in Finals aswell. (Sorry to keep bangin' on about Thierry's lack of goals in Finals, but he's played in many, and had chances.)

This has gone off-topic. I'd rather watch Thierry any day of the week...

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom