• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yves Bissouma

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Interesting, because you only joined the forum in April of this year, but I haven't posted anything from him in over a year probably even more. Mods, you gonna do something about this clear dupe?
You don't know who that is?

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
Interesting, because you only joined the forum in April of this year, but I haven't posted anything from him in over a year probably even more. Mods, you gonna do something about this clear dupe?

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I noticed after the game yesterday that Pepe. was showing Bissouma. Parts of the stadium pointing things out to him, You could not see what they were pointing to it could have been the spectator boxes or other areas of the stadium but it looked strange for Pepe to be pointing things out.

It's actually way more exciting of a hint as any of those jokers on twitter could offer.
Think so too, it's kinda too odd to not mean something.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Partey can easily be the one who progresses the ball. He's not a one dimensional player. He can play slightly more forward while Bissouma plays ball winner.

Partey is a good ball progressor for a ball winner player, just very short compared to real good ball progressors tho.

Bissouma just would be another overrated and overpriced player like Pepe for Arsenal.

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
He's 6ft/6ft1...

I think he is like 6'12" to be honest, still not good enough to play the ball progressor role in the midfield, very far from it to be honest.

If the idea of double pivot is Partey and Bissouma, then Arsenal is totally ****ed. Bissouma is not what Arsenal needs, and he is not Arsenal level of a player to start with, a bit like Pepe, who is massive overrated and overpriced player.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Having a both Party and Bissouma, will give us a really solid base to press high up the pitch. I think Partey's passing and forward play ability is actually very underrated. With bissouma as a partner I can see party making more bursts forward.

Every team needs a solid spine, credit to Arteta and Edu trying to create that.

Token Yank

Having a both Party and Bissouma, will give us a really solid base to press high up the pitch. I think Partey's passing and forward play ability is actually very underrated. With bissouma as a partner I can see party making more bursts forward.

Every team needs a solid spine, credit to Arteta and Edu trying to create that.
Fans have been demanding a solid spine for a decade. Now we sign Partey and are linked with Bissouma now fans suddenly have an issue with it. Same fans demand Kroenke's spend money then complain that price is too high for said player. Really can't make this up.

Times: Arsenal among the clubs inquiring about Bissouma

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Yves Bissouma has asked to be allowed to leave Brighton and Hove Albion at the end of the season amid interest from a trio of the Premier League’s wealthiest clubs.

Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City have all inquired about the availability of the Mali international as they seek to strengthen in midfield. Olympique Marseille are also exploring bringing the 24-year-old back to French football.

Bissouma joined Brighton from Lille in the summer of 2018 for a transfer fee that could reach €18 million (currently £15.65 million), progressively establishing himself as one of the Premier League’s most dynamic box-to-box midfielders. With Bissouma’s contract due to expire in two seasons’ time, the south coast club are open to a summer sale should their valuation of around £30 million be met, and have already begun the process of identifying a suitable replacement for the position.

The Sunday Times understands that Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp has spent time personally researching Bissouma’s character and off-field behaviour in order to assess whether the player would be a good fit for his Anfield squad. Klopp has been searching for a successor to Georginio Wijnaldum, who is a free agent this summer and has agreed pre-contract terms with Barcelona.

Arsenal’s interest in Bissouma is also a longstanding one, with pressure now intensifying on manager Mikel Arteta, technical director Edu and the club’s American owners following a campaign in which the club failed to qualify for European football for the first time in a quarter century. The absence of a berth in even Uefa’s new European Conference League is expected to damage Arsenal’s chances of securing Bissouma, whose preference is to join a Champions League club.

Manchester City’s pursuit of the player is less advanced. While the Abu Dhabi-owned Champions League finalists are working on further strengthening the most expensively assembled squad in football history, central midfield in not a priority area. A move will depend on pricing of alternative options and the potential extension of Fernandinho’s hugely successful eight-year stay.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
He would've been a great signing. Unfortunately if we're competing with Pool and City I don't see a reason he'd pick us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom