• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I like Ramsey massively both as a person and player but if he truly believes that then he's very ignorant of his own ability. Presently he lacks the subtlety and first touch to be a certain starter in central midfield for Arsenal let alone Barcelona or Real Madrid!

Even before the offensive stuff , Aaron doesn't realise you don't get the space you do in English football in Spain and he'll be required to do the same without the ball . When Barca scored against us at the Emirates , Özil was giving it to Ramsey even Merte when apeshit at him a few weeks ago . The other players are always constantly trying to get him to stay follow the structure .

carlito'sway

Established Member
Even before the offensive stuff , Aaron doesn't realise you don't get the space you do in English football and he'll be required to do the same without the ball . When Barca scored against us at the Emirates , Özil was giving it to Ramsey even Merte when apeshit at him a few weeks ago . The other players are always constantly trying to get him to stay follow the structure .

I pull my hair sometimes watching his play and positioning. I can't comprehend how a player can be so positionally challenged!

Rocky

Swears he's not a Tottenham fan
This is may favorite part of the interview.
(Oh the irony...)
Who is your favorite Spanish player?
Iniesta. I love how he makes the difficult things look easy, how he moves the ball. He is very intelligent. I love watching him play.

What's ironic about that?

Reactions: BBF

Rocky

If you have missed that part "I love how he makes the difficult things look easy, how he moves the ball", that sound exactly like the opposite of how Ramsey plays..... Got it? ;)

Firstly, I don't agree that is the opposite of how Ramsey plays. He's obviously nowhere near players like Iniesta, Cazorla etc, but that doesn't make it the opposite of Iniesta. Coquelin or Akinfenwa maybe 'opposites' to Iniesta in my view.

Secondly, even if it was the opposite of how he plays, I don't think that would be ironic. He's saying that he admires how Iniesta plays. If he said that his favourite type of players were big, strong players who are very direct, rely on pace and power and being strong in the air, then he said that Iniesta was his favourite player, that would be ironic.

Ed Byrne does a good job of explaining irony.

Last edited:

carlito'sway

Established Member
Firstly, I don't agree that is the opposite of how Ramsey plays. He's obviously nowhere near players like Iniesta, Cazorla etc, but that doesn't make it the opposite of Iniesta. Coquelin or Akinfenwa maybe 'opposites' to Iniesta in my view.

Secondly, even if it was the opposite of how he plays, I don't think that would be ironic. He's saying that he admires how Iniesta plays. If he said that his favourite type of players were big, strong players who are very direct, rely on pace and power and being strong in the air, then he said that Iniesta was his favourite player, that would be ironic.

Ed Byrne does a good job of explaining irony.

Touchy someone? Sorry if you can't find the irony. Thanks for nothing anyway....

Rocky

Touchy someone? Sorry if you can't find the irony. Thanks for nothing anyway....

No, I'm not touchy. I just didn't see the irony and suspected there was none, so I asked what irony you saw. It was a pleasure...

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
No, I'm not touchy. I just didn't see the irony and suspected there was none, so I asked what irony you saw. It was a pleasure...
You were being 'touchy' for politely pointing out that he used the word 'irony' incorrectly. o_O

Anyway, Ramsey ia here to stay for at least another season with the magical No.8 on his back. Lets hope he gets back to rip-roaring goalscoring form.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I think people are letting their own perceptions of Ramsey as a player, interfere with stuff that hasn't even happened yet, like actual interest from Barcelona.

All he's implied is he wouldn't rule out a move to Barca or Real one day. No player would. None of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Latest posts

Top Bottom