• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
He'll score a couple of goals and everyone will question why he doesn't do it on a weekly basis.

So yeah, pretty much what's been happening his entire career till this point.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn't say it's excellent, but it's respectable considering half our fanbase thinks he's absolutely terrible and he's played most of his career on the wing.

I think had he been given more of a run upfront he'd be a better striker but it at least shows he had the potential to be 10 times more dangerous than he currently is. As it stands, he is not as big a threat as a player of his type should be. Flashes but never a long spell. Those stats don't tell much of a story without the context.

That suggests he's better than Perez, which he's not.
Perez is by default more dangerous - he does not have Welbeck's athleticism but he has better movement. That alone would see more goals from him on a consistent basis. Welbeck has to improve his movement in terms of getting into goalscoring positions. He's great at attacking space when instructed to do so, but getting into shooting positions regularly is a big problem for him. Sometimes I've seen him get into an OK position and he just passes it instead. Lacks the ruthlessness of an Alexis.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Honestly, I like Lucas and he surely deserves more minutes for a £17m signing. But its the physical attributes Welbeck brings that, atleast at the moment, makes me want to see him work in tandem with Alexis. Even though Lucas is terrier-like at times, he still comes across as slightly lightweight.[/QUOTE

Not sure what pepole see in Lucas so far. His numbers are good but he loses the ball more than any forward in our squad currently.

Partnerships are essential. Özil and Sanchez work well and so do Welbeck and Iwobi.

One of our best attacking performances last season was with Iwobi -Welbeck -Alexis. I'd really like to see that again with Xhaka in midfield.

Hunter Zolomon

welbeck may not be the best striker in the world but too call him terrible is ridiculous, he may not be a top goal scorer but damn does he do way more than score goals, work rate, dribbling, linking play. No one should pretend they didnt see years ago the link up between him and rooney both for england and man united. The cheek on some people here is ridiculous. Watch how much better and balanced our team is with him on the flanks, humble pies for everyone and a merry christmas.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Danny brings a lot of energy with him to the team and he seems to have this x-factor to him, personally don't care about the stats or that he's not the best striker in the league, he's shown that he can be an important player for us and that's good enough for me.

Plutarch

I'm a fan of Welbeck. I never like our team if neither Walcottt nor Oxlaide-Chamberlain are playing because we just lack pace. Welbeck gives us another option for that. I'll be very pleased when he's back in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom