• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Gibbs: The Backup Backup Backup Captain

fabo

6.51 / 10
It was a blatant red card, got away with one there. At 1-0 aswell. Very ropey.

CB's were beaten all ends up in the build-up too(shambolic).

Think this lad would have issues getting into midtable sides tbh.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Everyone pines for Gibbo because of his pace, then he plays and you realise why Nacho is the better player.

Nacho isn't the quickest and struggles against pacey opponents, but he's 10x the player of Gibbs. With Nacho you can trust him in tight areas because of his touch and technique, he's not consistent enough going forward but he can pick out a pass- always gets his head up.

Gibbs going forward is the most frustrating thing ever. He's developed this new habit of cutting inside, knowing he hasn't got a right foot, and then the width in our attack vanishes. He's poor positionally and makes baffling decisions sometimes. I remember losing to Van Gaal's Man Utd at The Emirates, Gibbs put in one of the worst performances I've seen from an Arsenal full back. He was dreadful.

He's 27 now and won't improve. There's several mid-table/bottom half PL teams he'd struggle to start for. Left back is becoming more and more of a priority for us. I really like Tierney at Celtic, just 19 years old with a real high ceiling. Already better than Gibbs.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Left back is becoming more and more of a priority for us. I really like Tierney at Celtic, just 19 years old with a real high ceiling. Already better than Gibbs.

Didn't we sign Bramall as adequate 3rd choice LB ?

I was hoping we'd go for Gaya, immense potential and would come off cheapish (~20m) after Valencia's poor season and their financial struggles.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
Didn't we sign Bramall as adequate 3rd choice LB ?

I was hoping we'd go for Gaya, immense potential and would come off cheapish (~20m) after Valencia's poor season and their financial struggles.

I thought we signed Bramall to beef up our numbers for our U23's. Even still, he can be third choice LB if he likes :lol:. Gaya would be the dream, he's beastly down the left hand side. If we can get him for relatively cheap, we'd be able to get Tierney for cheaper, but I can't see us turfing our both Gibbo and Nacho in the summer.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

All hail Captain Gibbs!

Wherever you go I will follow, Sir. Please lead us to the promised lands.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Everyone pines for Gibbo because of his pace, then he plays and you realise why Nacho is the better player.

Nacho isn't the quickest and struggles against pacey opponents, but he's 10x the player of Gibbs. With Nacho you can trust him in tight areas because of his touch and technique, he's not consistent enough going forward but he can pick out a pass- always gets his head up.

Gibbs going forward is the most frustrating thing ever. He's developed this new habit of cutting inside, knowing he hasn't got a right foot, and then the width in our attack vanishes. He's poor positionally and makes baffling decisions sometimes. I remember losing to Van Gaal's Man Utd at The Emirates, Gibbs put in one of the worst performances I've seen from an Arsenal full back. He was dreadful.

He's 27 now and won't improve. There's several mid-table/bottom half PL teams he'd struggle to start for. Left back is becoming more and more of a priority for us. I really like Tierney at Celtic, just 19 years old with a real high ceiling. Already better than Gibbs.
I like the look of Tierney and @bingobob rates him highly. Issue is you want someone who can sub in for Monreal before eventually taking over the by the end of next season.

Is that not a bit too soon for him or is he good enough to handle that?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'm a fan of Robertson at Hull, he's one of the few players I've randomly tried to follow.

I feel he's stagnated there and hasn't kicked on as much as I hoped he would but the talent is all there, especially going forward. The lad could be amazing in the right environment.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
I like the look of Tierney and @bingobob rates him highly. Issue is you want someone who can sub in for Monreal before eventually taking over the by the end of next season.

Is that not a bit too soon for him or is he good enough to handle that?

Of course, he's playing for the best club in a dreadful league, so it's difficult to say he'll be a definite success. But when you look at his attributes- his pace, his work ethic, the quality of his delivery, he even has an eye for goal. Going forward he's already better than Nacho and certainly Gibbo.

He wouldn't cost the earth either. Ideally we sign a new first choice LB and have Tierney as an understudy. But of course, those sorta things don't happen at this club.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Of course, he's playing for the best club in a dreadful league, so it's difficult to say he'll be a definite success. But when you look at his attributes- his pace, his work ethic, the quality of his delivery, he even has an eye for goal. Going forward he's already better than Nacho and certainly Gibbo.

He wouldn't cost the earth either. Ideally we sign a new first choice LB and have Tierney as an understudy. But of course, those sorta things don't happen at this club.
Unfortunately he would cost the earth. You're looking upwards of 15m and that is a bid that I feel wouldn't even bring Celtic to the table.

@Trilly I really like him he'd come in and hit the ground running. I don't know if we or anyone can prize him away just now. Celtic are building for next year's CL campaign, Dembele is about to get called upto the senior French time while playing for Celtic, it's an exciting time and Tierney is the type of guy that bleeds green and white. He has talked about captaining Celtic and has no desire to move. Another reason I feel it will take an insane offer for Celtic to consider and him to consider.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Would like Tierney here but if he's not coming Ryan Sessegnon at Fulham has to be worth a look as well, very promising young left back and would eventually count as a homegrown player too.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
Unfortunately he would cost the earth. You're looking upwards of 15m and that is a bid that I feel wouldn't even bring Celtic to the table.

@Trilly I really like him he'd come in and hit the ground running. I don't know if we or anyone can prize him away just now. Celtic are building for next year's CL campaign, Dembele is about to get called upto the senior French time while playing for Celtic, it's an exciting time and Tierney is the type of guy that bleeds green and white. He has talked about captaining Celtic and has no desire to move. Another reason I feel it will take an insane offer for Celtic to consider and him to consider.

I'd say £15M would be more than enough to get the deal done. I think the most Celtic have ever recieved for a player is £12M, and that was for Victor Wanyama heading to Southampton. The problem for Celtic is the SPL lacks serious credibility, Dembele looks as if he'll fetch a good price though.

I didn't consider the fact Tierney was a Celtic fan tbh. He does love The Bhoys. Still, we're on another level entirely to Celtic and even though it might take a little convincing, we could get him here. Thinking about it, it might be worth a Tierney/Dembele double bid :lol:.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Trusted ⭐
I'm a fan of Robertson at Hull, he's one of the few players I've randomly tried to follow.

I feel he's stagnated there and hasn't kicked on as much as I hoped he would but the talent is all there, especially going forward. The lad could be amazing in the right environment.

He's a good player is Robertson, but like you said he hasn't really progressed these past couple of years. Still, he's still young and I believe he'll continue to improve. We could do worse than bring him in.

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom