• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Gibbs: The Backup Backup Backup Captain

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Never pay 15m for a LB let alone a kid. Beasts like Masina & Kolasinac out there for a fraction of the price or free.

Hopefully the next manager will end the expensive homegrown buys now we have a decent crop coming through our system. Gooners & quality!

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I'd say £15M would be more than enough to get the deal done. I think the most Celtic have ever recieved for a player is £12M, and that was for Victor Wanyama heading to Southampton. The problem for Celtic is the SPL lacks serious credibility, Dembele looks as if he'll fetch a good price though.

I didn't consider the fact Tierney was a Celtic fan tbh. He does love The Bhoys. Still, we're on another level entirely to Celtic and even though it might take a little convincing, we could get him here. Thinking about it, it might be worth a Tierney/Dembele double bid :lol:.
The most they received was for Van Dijk at 14m IIRC. The issue is Celtic see the reports for him now going at 40m or 50m and now want to position themselves to by pass the middle man. They also see guys who haven't done much like Chambers, Stones, Shaw all go for mega bucks and no the value of good promising young players. They also no English clubs spend ridiculous amounts on players that don't have an English passport. Tierney has played more European football and won more trophies than any of those guys and is younger and equally as promising if not more promising.

Also I'd love Dembele to come down but no chance we will spend the 40m Celtic are looking.

Polar Bear

Well you all assured me on here that Gibbs is the solution, "he must play" you said, "Monreal is too slow and the problem" you all said.

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Preacher

Always Crying
How much would we get for him?
Home grown, but his contract is only until 2018. We needed to sell him last summer.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Home grown, but his contract is only until 2018. We needed to sell him last summer.

Well Ryan Bertrand went for 10M to Southampton so probably a bit under that seen as he's older and an inferior player. Maybe around 5M I guess?

Impact

Established Member
See little upside to selling Gibbs. We'll lose a homegrown squad player at a good age for an average fee. Monreal should be sold. Wrong side of 30 and has deteriorated quite rapidly this season.

scytheavatar

Established Member
See little upside to selling Gibbs. We'll lose a homegrown squad player at a good age for an average fee. Monreal should be sold. Wrong side of 30 and has deteriorated quite rapidly this season.

Gibbs should be sold because he has been a loyal servant of the club for many years, he is playing much better this season compared to last yet he's not good enough to be a starter for us in the long term. So he should be given a chance to build his career in another club. Monreal probably needs to be replaced sooner rather than latter too so we might need to buy 2 left backs this summer.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Gibbs will never be a starter here, but I would live him to be our backup, he is perfect as that. But entering his prime age, kid probably wants to go somewhere and play instead of being backup. He deserves that much and should be given that chance.

We'll be more than fine with Monreal as backup for next 2 seasons, with a new Lb in. Once Nacho is done, we might have Brammall ready for backup spot, or some other kid

say yes

forum master baiter

Agree- he should have gone last summer. Performances have been spiralling for a while and he's been nothing short of embarrassing recently.

No idea how much we'd get for him though. The fake ITK market is pretty saturated these days and I don't think Pablo's homegrown status will add much value until Twitter start imposing quotas.

Reactions: A_G

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Agree- he should have gone last summer. Performances have been spiralling for a while and he's been nothing short of embarrassing recently.

No idea how much we'd get for him though. The fake ITK market is pretty saturated these days and I don't think Pablo's homegrown status will add much value until Twitter start imposing quotas.

Well recent English full back moves haven't been that high, Luke Shaw being the exception.

Clyne went for around 12.5M and like I said Bertrand for 10M. In January Trippier was linked with a 5M move away from Sp**s to West Ham.

Gibbs is a bit older than Trippier and both are back ups so I think we'd do well to get 5 tbh.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Sell Gibbs, sign a young guy and keep Nacho as the old head.

Mendy at Monaco maybe. Ryan Sessegnon is considered the legit young English Lb talent, but he's pretty young.

say yes

forum master baiter
Well recent English full back moves haven't been that high, Luke Shaw being the exception.

Clyne went for around 12.5M and like I said Bertrand for 10M. In January Trippier was linked with a 5M move away from Sp**s to West Ham.

Gibbs is a bit older than Trippier and both are back ups so I think we'd do well to get 5 tbh.

My post was about selling that fraud Pablo.

Gibbseh is priceless, I'd never get rid.

My post was about selling that fraud Pablo.

Gibbseh is priceless, I'd never get rid.

Pablo?

I'd sell Gabriel, Debuchy, Jenkinson and Monreal in the summer. And sign Bertrand or someone maybe higher talent lb.

But that depends of course if Gibbs still wants to battle for the spot or if he will be looking for first team football.

say yes

forum master baiter
Pablo?

I'd sell Gabriel, Debuchy, Jenkinson and Monreal in the summer. And sign Bertrand or someone maybe higher talent lb.

But that depends of course if Gibbs still wants to battle for the spot or if he will be looking for first team football.

AFCamden. Think I'm wasted on here sometimes.

Yeah Gabriel and Jenkinson need to **** off. Preferably keep debuchy to rotate with Bellerin but fairly certain he wants out. One of Monreal/Gibbs can go too if we find a capable replacement.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sell him provided a couple of on loan HG players are returning from loan.

We already have a couple of players with HG status that should be shifted or might look to leave before Gibbs.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I have always liked this lad. He isn't the greatest but he has been here a while and I would wish him well if he left. Having said that. We need to get onto this LB position in the summer.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom