• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Lemar

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Camden is only good for team news, usually spot on with that. Transfers and contracts are complete guess work. Didn't he say Özil had signed a new deal last year?

Pretty sure Özil has agreed/signed but they're waiting for Alexis decision to announce it. Announcing one before the other is saying the others off.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
'It's not done until its done'

'all about finalising the deal with the club'

Shut the **** up Pablo.

We have to play with what we got mate, it's not like we would be able to go without our mad transfer rumor threads anyways.
It's like a drug. Even after a cold withdrawal you can easily fall into relapse.

Maybe the only source that would still get me really excited by its own is the ArsenalHorse although he got questioned a lot lately.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I have complete faith in Camden and the English version of Jeinny Liz- big boobies.

Probably more chances of them getting a transfer right than Crossy or Guillem ball bag to be fair.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It's very rare to find such a player with pace and power whom also has such an incredible passing range and also fantastic quality of set pieces.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
No. He's claimed some m4dness signing for the past four summer windows - none of which happened.

Nothing will lose his credibility because people will always believe what they want to hear.

He's a bullshit merchant who closely follows genuine news links and tries to web together a picture of our dealings and is trying to make a living off of it.
I vote we ban him from A-M if neither of his two tidbits of info come true.

nicky47

Established Member
Honestly, this guy has completely passed me by, never really watched him/noticed him. But after peoples opinions, a look at his season and videos, he seems such a big talent. Keeping my fingers crossed this has some legs!

Very curious to how he could fit into our team, but I really don't want to jump the gun.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

I vote we ban him from A-M if neither of his two tidbits of info come true.

Heh. But it's really not a massive prediction. Sanchez is probably 50/50 And Lemar has been heavily linked.

If Sanchez goes, he can just say that the money was too much. If Lemar doesn't come, he can say Monaco refused to agree a fee.

He has some of our fanbase on strings by making statements with little commitment, unfortunately.

blaze_of_glory

He's always spot on with injuries and team news. For that to even happen he has to know someone within the club. Having said that his transfer related stuff has been hit and miss for a while.
Agreed, but I don't think that is down to him making things up or anything. His source is almost certainly not directly involved in transfer dealings, probably doesn't have up to the minute info and probably does a bit of guess work themselves. Also of course transfers are more complicated than injury updates and the situation with them can totally change from one day to the next.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He's always spot on with injuries and team news. For that to even happen he has to know someone within the club. Having said that his transfer related stuff has been hit and miss for a while.
That's my take also. Clearly has a source within the club so not sure why people dismiss him. Transfers are complicated and we're fairly hit and miss at closing deals.

GoonerHart

I'm not that excited for Lemar I loved watching Mahrez 15/16, people tell me Lemar is better but does he have the flair of Mahrez?seeing his runs were ridiculous

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That's not how football works though.

What if Lemar and Lacazette only contributed 30 goals but those goals won us more points?

What if playing Lemar out wide made us more defensively secure and we needed to score less goals?

What if Özil thrived playing behind a pacy forward? What if playing at a quicker tempo (without Sanchez constantly slowing the game down) allowed other players in our squad to flourish?

What if having a better balance to our game meant we did better against the stronger sides, which is where we dropped so many points this season?

United sold goal machine Ruud Van Nistelrooy and instantly looked a better team. A few years later they replaced the most productive player in the world (Ronaldo) with Antonia Valencia and scored 18 more league goals the following season. Countless other examples you could draw on.

All this tallying up of individual goals, as though football is a zero sum game, is ridiculous.
What about we get shot of Özil and see how we do?

You can apply all the above sound reasoning accordingly... I'll help you out. We could get a player who can tackle a bit, score more goals, choke a bit less and be more consistent to make up for his departure. Or a few of them could chip in all round and make us much better than we were when we had him.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom