• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
It was mainly 4-3-3 with Stirling, Sturridge and Suarez upfront.

He wouldn't be my choice but his record at Liverpool is almost identical to Klopp's.

From looking on transfermarket, I can deduct that it isn't.
Rodgers at Liverpool in europe was a disaster, failed to get them out of CL group they should have got out of. Only played 2 knockout stage ties (in Europa both times), lost both. It's really poor, whereas Klopp's European record at Liverpool is incredibly good. Including taking the team that Rodgers himself built to a final.

Also he only managed 1 top four finish with Liverpool in 3 full seasons, looks like Klopp will take them to 2 top four finishes in 2 full seasons there. Plus Rodgers didn't have a very good record vs 'big clubs' while at Liverpool. They seem to be quite different.

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Truly the end of an era.

Though I've been a proponent of his departure for ages, I can't help but feel sadness. I started supporting 2 years before Graham left & that miserable Rioch season so technically Arsène has been around for all my adult life.

He gave us such memorable moments. Both the doubles were fantastic, the unbeaten season & that phenomenal 2006 champions league run which should've been crowned with the trophy.

Winning the 2004 title at White Hart Lane will always be a memory I cherish till my dying day.

Thank you, Arsène.

I may have said terrible things about you but they were only ever in the heat of the moment.

I hope this galvanizes the team & forces them to put up or shut up in their claims of love for the great man.

Muster all your determination & give him the European send off he deserves by bringing that trophy home.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I'd be very fearful if we bring in Jardim or Favre. I think the people looking to bring those two in are hoping for another Arsène Wenger.

It reeks of when Man Utd tried to replace SAF with David Moyes just because he was Scottish and a friend of Ferguson.

They're decent managers but not good enough for Arsenal.

blaise

Van Gaal is a man full of ideas, I d say he is as fresh now as 20 years ago but he still has same problems. He is tyrannical with players. He ll soon clash with high profile players. If it was last summer i d say yes to him, but now after extending Özil and getting Auba, Laca, Mikhi. He ll definetely improve younger players but big risk to clash with these players.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

Would love to see Vieira managing us one day(much better shout than Henry or Adams lol), but feel it might be too soon for him, especially right after Wenger.. We can't get this one wrong, so should go for someone already highly rated with a great track record.

If he wants it He can do it

Most important is to get someone who wont take any crap from the players

Nobody can question him!

Id even support a manager due

Him and Thierry would be sweet

Per/Jens in charge of defense?

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Would love to see Vieira managing us one day(much better shout than Henry or Adams lol), but feel it might be too soon for him, especially right after Wenger.. We can't get this one wrong, so should go for someone already highly rated with a great track record.

I'll take Vieira , don't know what he is like technically, tactically , but he is a courageous bloke and a proper leader of men . Got the personality of a great manager I think anyway .

carlito'sway

Established Member
@carlito'sway I thought you are well placed to give your verdict on Jardim & Favre, I like them both. Are either of these 2 your choice to succeed Wenger?

Both excellent managers. Jardim has demonstrated he can be pragmatic and tactically flexible and with Favre you have an adept of well constructed football. I would go Jardim first and Fabre second.

Having said that, my personal choice is a bit out of the left field, I would go with Mikel Arteta. Great football mind, someone while new and with fresh ideas, would carry well the values of the club.

blaise

But it is not only in taking no crap from the players. You have to have enough knowledge to players keep respecting you when things go south. Too big shoes for a rookie to step in (Vieira). Look at Nagelsmann second season. Not as easy in small german club, let alone club profile of Arsenal.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Both excellent managers. Jardim has demonstrated he can be pragmatic and tactically flexible and with Favre you have an adept of well constructed football. I would go Jardim first and Fabre second.

Having said that, my personal choice is a bit out of the left field, I would go with Mikel Arteta. Great football mind, someone while new and with fresh ideas, would carry well the values of the club.

That's an important point .

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

But it is not only in taking no crap from the players. You have to have enough knowledge to players keep respecting you when things go south. Too big shoes for a rookie to step in (Vieira). Look at Nagelsmann second season. Not as easy in small german club, let alone club profile of Arsenal.

F*ck it. Just keep hiring a manager every two years.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It will be interesting to see what Ivan going to say in his 5pm press conference will Wenger be with him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom