• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Draw PL: West Ham United 2 - 2 Arsenal | Sunday, April 16 | KO: 14:00 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

@A_G

BKPn96_CUAAm0nZ.jpg

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If we only subbed Olek off sooner v Liverpool, we might have ****housed a win there.

Then Zinny might not have got injured and would have been fit today, wouldn't have lost control of the midfield with him and picked nup another 🌴 points here too.

Very annoying last few games.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

So what happened? I missed most of the game. One thing I noticed when we were 2-0 up was that there was no sense of urgency to kill the game off.
We basically fell apart once they got the 1-2 penalty goal. They took over the game. It was uncannily similar to the game at Anfield. Saka missed a penalty as well, which more or less summed up our day.

Malky

Established Member
We get arrogant when the game seems easy. Its not even naivety. I'm not putting it down to them being inexperienced. From a visibility likeable bunch they are obviously arrogant pricks behind the scenes.

You need to be arrogant to be a top level athlete, but when it impedes your performance on a consistent basis. What are you?

Team talk should have been to out there and make a statement. 2-0 after 10 mins. You carry on. Don't start stroking the ball about like you've won. Especially after ****ting the bed the previous week.

Title is done. Not because we aren't good enough. I would back us to beat City snd then **** up the next game.
Pure arrogance is all it was. An hour left of a game at 2-0 is never comfortable, yet they’re playing like it’s over and it’s a training session. Teams with that mentality don’t deserve to be champions, a winning teams keeps up the pressure, keeps working and completely puts the game to bed. 4 or 5 nil with 5-10 mins left then you start passing it about with arrogance, not 2-0 with an hour left, away from home. ****ing idiots!

Gooner_girl14

We get arrogant when the game seems easy. Its not even naivety. I'm not putting it down to them being inexperienced. From a visibility likeable bunch they are obviously arrogant pricks behind the scenes.

You need to be arrogant to be a top level athlete, but when it impedes your performance on a consistent basis. What are you?

Team talk should have been to out there and make a statement. 2-0 after 10 mins. You carry on. Don't start stroking the ball about like you've won. Especially after ****ting the bed the previous week.

Title is done. Not because we aren't good enough. I would back us to beat City snd then **** up the next game.
I feel this too. I can only think it's under Arteta's instruction though? Trying to manage the game a bit too cutely when there's still 70mins to play.

GLITCH

We can't be having backup players vastly inferior to the starters next season. You don't notice it until you need them, but apart from Trossard, that bench didn't inspire any confidence in changing the game.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
That was the passage of play where Tierney ended up at CF 😭 This teams need to be more serious

He's like a fish out of water in this inverted role. I mean you can blame Arteta for trying to make him an inverted LB but would you ever see Zinchenko drifting to CF? Part of me wonders if Jesus was dropping so deep because Tierney was horrible at trying to play in midfield.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

So what happened? I missed most of the game. One thing I noticed when we were 2-0 up was that there was no sense of urgency to kill the game off.
In a way it’s good these two last collapse happened because it’s the managers tactics that we drop of after 2-0 and if he changes it saves us from future constant collapses.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
He's like a fish out if water in this inverted role. I mean you can blame Arteta for trying to make him an inverted LB but would you ever see Zinchenko drifting to CF? Part of me wonders if Jesus was dropping so deep because Tierney was horrible at trying to play in midfield.
Thing is, I don’t remember Tomi doing this when he played LB.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Think it starts from Ødegaard to be honest. Holds on the ball way too long for my liking, often turns the wrong way. People kill Martinelli for that but Martin does it probably almost as often.
Blame the guy who made one and scored the other?

Its down to Arteta, we don't seem to have learned after what happened vs Liverpool. At 2-0, we still left Holding 1v1 vs Antonio. He should have just told White to stay back a little.

Tierney was still playing inverted even though it doesn't suit him, and it gives Bowen more space on the counter.

We lost it as a team.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Really disappointing to go 2 up & take the foot of the gas.
They get a soft pen.You run the risk if u slide in like that but still not convinced there was contact.
Then we get a pen imho If we score we win. Saka was poor tbh would've kept Nelli on & took him off.
Pressure got to us imho.

Having said that we still have a chance. Far from over but need all wins & a draw at City.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Blame the guy who made one and scored the other?

Its down to Arteta, we don't seem to have learned after what happened vs Liverpool. At 2-0, we still left Holding 1v1 vs Antonio. He should have just told White to stay back a little.

Tierney was still playing inverted even though it doesn't suit him, and it gives Bowen more space on the counter.

We lost it as a team.
I said it starts from him, the flicks and tricks. I'm not putting the entire blame on him. You rewatch the game and see how often he hogs the ball for too long. It's an area of his game that needs improvement. That doesn't mean he's the only one responsible but he's the captain, he sets the tone just like he does in a positive way with his pressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom