• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Gibbs: The Backup Backup Backup Captain

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
West Ham's trash RB at the weekend probably saved Monreal his spot. Without that there would no question as to who should be starting.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Gibbo's offensive qualities shouldn't be a surprise if you've been following Arsenal long enough when Clichy used to start for us. Gibbs start out as a LM/CM when he joined us and there were some games when both him and Clichy will play together on the same flank.

Maybe he's starting to realize his own worth but whatever it is, his recent performance could only be a good thing as we are quite short in quality at LB at the moment. Nacho is still the better LB but the PL's focus on pace is starting to catch him up.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Offensively he was very good, but defensively he was average really. This Basel winger got plenty of crosses in and a dangerous shot as well.

Definitely still prefer Monreal.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
I've been a critic of Gibbs I'll admit, but I also said that he works hard and that's shown to be his greatest attribute, his hard work has paid off and he's seemingly reinvented himself so I want to praise him for his great efforts lately, good job!

To be honest, I forgot about him last season. It is good he is getting noticed. It is a start. Can he win the starting spot? We will see.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It's easier when you're coming into a confident and settled team.

You guys think it's easy for young English players with their own problems coming into a weak or struggling team? Until recent years we've never had the luxury of top elite experienced players in our starting eleven and a strong squad.

Team is on fire, Gibbs just slots in.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He's a back up though, immediate plan has to be to ditch Nacho and sign a top young Lb. Gibbs remains back up.

Ghoulam impressed me a while back.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Marcelo and Ashley Cole are on the same level. Pick the type you prefer or suits your team, Cole is the better defender but Marcelo is more dynamic.

Marcelo is twice the player Roberto Carlos ever was.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Marcelo and Ashley Cole are on the same level. Pick the type you prefer or suits your team, Cole is the better defender but Marcelo is more dynamic.

Total media hype job, Roberto Carlos.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Cole was better defensively than Marcelo. That said, I don't think Marcelo is particularly bad defensively. Emre Mor (phenomenal young player) gave him the run around last night though.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom