• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexis Sanchez: Off to the Old Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
I think he felt that he still could improve his goal tally, nothing more than that.

Too much being made out of it, doesn't matter if the players sulk or moan a bit as long as they come back and perform professionally which Alexis has always done.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
He was taken off, end of story.

Needs to get over himself and also stop pushing himself as much, there is still a bit of season to come.

GDeep™

League is very weak
All he wants to do is play football, and cuddle up with Atom and Humber in his bed at night.

A simple man from the quiet and sleepy port town of tocopilla.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
What? So you forgive him for being selfish and thing about individual accolades and not the team?

What if he got injured? Shouldn't we be saving the minutes on our star players? Especially when the game is done and dusted?

Yea it would be nice for him to play cf? But with Walcott out and giroud playing well? You do not get why we play giroud up top?

Seriously I can't believe anybody will promote selfishness and then complain why we aren't winning leagues..

I've always been a Giroud fan but acknowledge that he slows down our attack. What's wrong with Iwobi Alexis Ox, or Lucas Alexis Ox, add Walcott when fit. Wenger made it clear that Alexis had impressed at CF, and Alexis repaid him by scoring goals. For me Alexis is the one being messed around simply because he is versatile and Giroud can only play one position. We started the season with pace, a different Arsenal, now we are back to where we were last season. No wonder Alexis is fed up.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I thought more passes were being directed at Giroud by Özil, Alexis and others than a few weeks back, so I think the team generally has more confidence in his ability to score than during his drought, which can only be good news

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I'd rather have a player moaning when taken off, than appearing reluctant to be subbed ...cough...tevez...cough.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I thought the same at first but he's always been like that when he goes off hasnt he? I think he could be happier for the team and fans though, applauding them etc, especially Wellbeck who's been out for months.
I miss the happy Alexis TBH. Maybe he prefers playing through the middle.

I remember Henry and RVP could be selfish too and no one minded that.
Yeah and they were both winners. I liked winning.

Jm89

I've always been a Giroud fan but acknowledge that he slows down our attack. What's wrong with Iwobi Alexis Ox, or Lucas Alexis Ox, add Walcott when fit. Wenger made it clear that Alexis had impressed at CF, and Alexis repaid him by scoring goals. For me Alexis is the one being messed around simply because he is versatile and Giroud can only play one position. We started the season with pace, a different Arsenal, now we are back to where we were last season. No wonder Alexis is fed up.

This is bang on! We look a totally different team with Sanchez up top!! Teams are scared when they saw that we had Sanchez up top with addition to some true pace outside! Our performances have dipped since giroud has been starting as teams are not as sacred of him running in behind them and step up and press us! Sanchez should be up front!

say yes

forum master baiter
Boy will I be laughing when Sanchez leaves and we have giroud as our main striker, I wonder how that will turn out.

1hpfr1.gif

Last edited:

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
This is bang on! We look a totally different team with Sanchez up top!! Teams are scared when they saw that we had Sanchez up top with addition to some true pace outside! Our performances have dipped since giroud has been starting as teams are not as sacred of him running in behind them and step up and press us! Sanchez should be up front!

Yeah, I also remember our stirring performances against Man Utd, Everton and Man City when Sanchez started up top and barely had a chance in the three matches and didn't get behind the defence once.

I mean, we might have played the same if Giroud started up front, but let's not start conjuring fantasties about Sanchez's performances in those matches. He barely caused Funes Mori and John Stones any trouble. We need a striker and nothing I've seen this season has changed that.

Sanchez should concentrate on getting back to form because his last good game in the league was against West Ham.

dynasty

That's great.. And the way we started the season was great..
Then we lost two in a row..(which is why we are now so far behind)
..giroud comes in and we have won 4 drew 1.. With him scoring in all of those games..
So what do you recommend? Drop the guy who has pretty much been responsible for our current win streak to appease Sanchez? Also at that time didn't Sanchez only score 1 goal which is the 4-0 in a 4-0 game. ...

What I hate is..the fact that you guys don't want to hold Sanchez any accountability..for the two losses and his current lack of goal scoring..the current line up is getting us points and you fans wants to give it all up just to make Sanchez happy..lol..

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, I also remember our stirring performances against Man Utd, Everton and Man City when Sanchez started up top and barely had a chance in the three matches and didn't get behind the defence once.

I mean, we might have played the same if Giroud started up front, but let's not start conjuring fantasties about Sanchez's performances in those matches. He barely caused Funes Mori and John Stones any trouble. We need a striker and nothing I've seen this season has changed that.

Sanchez should concentrate on getting back to form because his last good game in the league was against West Ham.

That's utter rubbish

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
..giroud comes in and we have won 4 drew 1.. With him scoring in all of those games..
So what do you recommend? Drop the guy who has pretty much been responsible for our current win streak to appease Sanchez? Also at that time didn't Sanchez only score 1 goal which is the 4-0 in a 4-0 game. ...

What I hate is..the fact that you guys don't want to hold Sanchez any accountability..for the two losses and his current lack of goal scoring..the current line up is getting us points and you fans wants to give it all up just to make Sanchez happy..lol..

As I said, I'm a Giroud fan but the fact remains, he's not a good enough CF for us to win the PL. He has made some great contributions in recent games but don't go thinking that he is our match winner on a regular basis, he's not. The way things are going you will get what you clearly want, Giroud as our CF and Alexis playing for another team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom