• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,035
  • Views 259,162

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I think @Rasmi knows deep down that Rice is useful. Of course he has limitations but he’s a good player.

Still think Caicedo is a good player too, so I don’t see why shade was being thrown his way about that. Chelsea definitely overspent for him but he’s 22 years old and still has a lot of room to grow. You’d think he’s an OAP the way some are writing him off this early.
He plays like one.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I think we will sign Willian Pacho and play him as LB
Same. If we do sign a LB, it won't be a traditional one, they'll have some kind of augment that makes them different. Wonder if we're still linked with Hato this Summer. I really like Patrick Dorgu though, he makes a lot of sense for LB in terms of profile.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Same. If we do sign a LB, it won't be a traditional one, they'll have some kind of augment that makes them different. Wonder if we're still linked with Hato this Summer. I really like Patrick Dorgu though, he makes a lot of sense for LB in terms of profile.
Dorgu seem to be a left back. Arteta want to play with 4 CBs. Which for me means we will never have much threat from our fullbacks. This makes it easier for our opponents to focus on our winger and double on them

But I think his main focus is defensive stability rather than great attack

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Dorgu seem to be a left back. Arteta want to play with 4 CBs. Which for me means we will never have much threat from our fullbacks. This makes it easier for our opponents to focus on our winger and double on them

But I think his main focus is defensive stability rather than great attack
I think it's more that he wants to create overloads in the centre of the pitch to create space for the wingers out wide - an additional function being that he wants them to also dominate 2nd balls and duels so that we can win the ball back quickly and resume control and having a full-back comfortable centrally who also wins duels helps him do that. The defence is seemingly a function of our attack. So the recruitment in this area does make sense to me - I would just like them to be able to dribble because we need dribblers.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I think it's more that he wants to create overloads in the centre of the pitch to create space for the wingers out wide - an additional function being that he wants them to also dominate 2nd balls and duels so that we can win the ball back quickly and resume control and having a full-back comfortable centrally who also wins duels helps him do that. The defence is seemingly a function of our attack. So the recruitment in this area does make sense to me - I would just like them to be able to dribble because we need dribblers.

I think it’s defensive way of thinking and for me unless you have the absolutely best players you always gonna fall short. Fullbacks can be huge attacking weapon against defensive teams. Once you say you don’t need them for attack outside set pieces you simply become easier to defend.

This becomes more apparent later stage of a season where games become tighter as the stake gets higher

Last 3 season Arteta teams run out of ideas in April. It’s not coincidence. His whole idea is copy pep with less talented players and think he will get anywhere

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Lequipe reporting we want Mendy, convenient link imo.

He’s been a bit of a letdown at Madrid but I think still a good player, good opportunity.

Gunner-Union

Need a very pacy winger who can actually beat players. Center mid who can help with attack but isnt a liability defending. Would like to see rice and Partey as a double pivot and let ode drift all over but with less tracking back

Nunowoolmez

Established Member

During the RÉCORD+ program on Friday, April 19 and according to information from Enrique Beas, director of RÉCORD+, the Mexican forward has made the decision to take the next step in Europe and will begin talks with three big clubs.

“He feels that his cycle at Feyenoord is over and he is ready to start activating contact with three very important institutions. The relationship with each of them is different, although there is not one more ahead than the other, there are different levels of interest. “They are not speculations and the Mexican will have to make a decision between Arsenal, Juventus and Atlético de Madrid,” Alejandro Gómez said during the program.

*I think they probably are mate

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I expected better from a man with your vision.
After extensive reviews, I have decided to redo my summer transfer window.

Eze - £70M
Zubimendi - £50M
Alt-Nouri - £40M
Sesko - £45M
Desire Doue - £50M The French Musiala

I like Eze a lot; I believe he is ready for a big move. He should be our marquee signing if we’re serious about fixing the midfield. Zubimendi is the cheaper alternative for Bruno Guimaraes. I’m not sure how combative the Spaniard is but the links won’t go away and the transfer is a matter of
when not if.

Alt-Nouri is a good left-back. PL is proven and won’t cost an arm and a leg.

Now the two youngsters. I don’t think we should blow our whole load on Osimhen or Gyokeres, as good as they are. I think the improvement Havertz has made at CF suggests we don't need an expensive CF. Plus, I think Martinelli and Eze can offer a lot outwide, so we can afford a youngster to develop.

Martinelli-Sesko-Saka
Eze-Rice-Ødegaard
Nouri-Gabriel-Saliba-White
Raya

Subs: Doue, Timber, Zubimendi, Jesus, Kiwior, Tomiyasu, Vieira, Havertz, Hein.

I am selling Ramsdale, ESR, Nelson, Nketiah, Jorginho, Partey, Elneny, Zinchenko and Trossard.

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabahspor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom