• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 4,756
  • Views 242,913

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I agree with needing a clutch player, a maverick but doubt Eze can come from Palace and be that guy. His age and injury record also goes against him. I’d lean more towards Xavi Simons. 17 goal contributions so far in the bundesliga and 4 G/A in the champions league at the age of 21. Would be cheaper fee and much higher ceiling.
We simply need better footballers. Bayern showed clear deficiency in technical ability this team has

Newchange

We simply need better footballers. Bayern showed clear deficiency in technical ability this team ha
The Bayern game just highlighted the problem positions we all know we have. A quality left back, a dynamic + technical lcm and a clinical athletic 9 would be a game changer. I trust the edu and the board to strengthen in these areas.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Is he? Haven't seen much but couple of times I've watched Sporting he looked pretty good

Average compared to the other names listed at least. Would probably be okay for a midtable PL side or something but listing him alongside the other two as a "top-level midfielder" just stood out to me seeing as he's not even considered anything special on a national level here.

It read like "England are producing some top level midfielders. Bellingham, Foden, Gallagher." :lol: Not necessarily a **** player but you get what I mean.

CannonBals

We simply need better footballers. Bayern showed clear deficiency in technical ability this team has

We already have 4 CBs at the back which I am ok with if other players in the team are expressive enough.
We then have Havertz/Rice both good at what they do but are technically lacking.
If Martinelli plays you can add him aswell. We are top only because of Saka/Ødegaard. If not for that Ødegaard pass we wouldn't have been even in CL QF.
The technical problem is quite deep rooted and considering both Havertz/Rice were added last season its going to be here to stay for some time.

We need some version of Right footed Saka+Ødegaard to fix it to some extent.

This is the ball progression chance creation thing. Finishing is a different matter where everyone except Trossard has been bad.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Really like Doue but he is a bit too similar to Nwaneri for me and they're close in age. I'd sign that profile of player if they were a bit older.

All the way in on Eze though.
Nothing wrong with having two talented twins. I think we can afford to develop Nwaneri and Doue for the attacking midfield positions.

Let's play Aubamawang

Timber isn't even starting the season playing so he isn't the starting left.

So many people complain about not being able to progress the ball down the left hand side. Well if our left back is right footed, we can't even play a ball down the line. Great idea.

We need a left back.

Gykoeres isn't good enough. He is the top scorer with 24. The next player has 21. Then 20. Those players who have over 20 goals are average. So he's played in England. Who cares? When it mattered. He played in a play off final, didn't get his team over the line vs LUTON and then got sold to Portugal.

I'm sorry, but if you think that he is going to turn up in a semi final of a Champions league when he can't turn up in a play off final because he has played in England before, then I don't know what to tell you.
It didn't seem like Timber was having difficulty playing on the left in his debut. I'm pretty sure he could play anywhere he wanted and it's not as if our fullbacks generally stay wide anyway.

I'm also not sure why you're giving me attitude just because I disagree about Sesko. I'm sure he will turn out to be a decent player, but if he can't get enough minutes for Leipzig then he's not good enough for us, as you seem happy to point out regarding Gyokeres.

Gyokeres has 24 in 29 games along with 10 assists and 5 goals in Europa League. Even Coventry fans will tell you he was one of their two best players, hence why he was sold.

If you look on YT there is also variety to his goals, along with the technique to play the kind of fancy passes we all love to watch.

By contrast, Sesko has 10 goals in 27 games with 2 assists but only broke into the starting eleven in the second half of the season.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
That’s why I expect the nr 1 priority in the summer being left back. If Arsenal think timber will solve that. I’m sorry but the club will have another trophy less season next one. I don’t think people realise how hard it is to play on a wing as defender with the wrong foot. That’s why you don’t see left footed right backs and vice versa at top level

Never heard of Maldini? Also, Timber done just fine there in the Shield vs City. Its pretty clear he was going to be our LB this season

CannonBals

Philipp Lahm also played a ton of LB in his career, world class throughout. Azpilicueta also played LB in Chelsea's title winning 14/15 season.

But you know, we don't see it at the top level.

Lahm is a good comparison. Timber is a really good footballer. Just like Lahm he should be able to play RB/LB/DM to a good level. Offcourse Lahm was a world class player if he reaches even close to his level we have struck Gold.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom