• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bentley

Mark

Established Member
i think wenger is serious about bentley, i haven't heard him praise a youngster this much for a while, i mean the stuff he says about him are very strong words and comparing him to a legend like bergkamp takes respsonsibility. wenger has a great eye for potential so he must know what he's talking about, so i think we will see more of him and i look forward to it.

Andrew

Damn... anyway we can legally see the goal on the 'net? Because I think Arsenal Plus! doesn't show the FA Cup goals. :evil:

But yeah, anyone who can score goals like that must have potential, especially considering it was his weaker foot. :shock: Doesn't mean he's a top player yet or doesn't mean he's bad. But the match was won so I suppose it made it easier. Hope he plays in the Carling Cup again so we can see how he goes under pressure.

"AliadieRa touted to be our next Henry" "david Bentley touted to be our next Dennis bergkamp"

Wow... we already prepare our next generation strike foRce...
AliadieRa + Bentley
hope tis will be the strikeforce for the carling cup final if we make through

Mark

Established Member
bentley and aliadiere have the potential to be a great partnership, the future looks bright for our club in terms of talented youngsters.

tox

they r both looking very promising, such a pitty that ali has got injured at a time which is perfect for him to make a breakthrough and show us is stuff :roll:

Jinn

Established Member
Bentley's impressive performance might have changed Wenger's mind about buying a player in the transfer window. He doesn't really need to anymore!

Ridge

Mark said:
yeah bentley came on for bergkamp, so he was playing behind the striker which is his preferred role i don't know why wenger is trying to convert him to left midfield. he plays much better upfront and what a goal! 8)
Wenger : I believe he has more of the characteristics of a central, supportive striker rather than a wide player but, when you're young, you play wherever the manager puts you. That's part of growing up.

n_henry

Jinn said:
Bentley's impressive performance might have changed Wenger's mind about buying a player in the transfer window. He doesn't really need to anymore!

That's what first came to my mind too. I haven't seen the goal yet...but the guy's scored against a Prem side in a major competition already...Ali hasn't even achieved that yet... ;)

arsena1

I agree with exiled. I think wenger is certainly preparing to play him in a few games in this season though it might be the next season before we see him fully integrated into the rotation.
The fact that he's not being loaned out but being kept under wraps
is a good indication of Wenger's intentions. and Bentley does seem confident that he's going to make the grade. his body language tells us as much.

it's too bad that ali's recurring injuries have been interfering with his development. I would have liked to see more of him now that we have an injured striker and another that's playing in africa.

DB10

i knida understand Arsène's thinking on the kids.

we have pennant who was hyped up ever since he was 17. the kids made more money than 40 year olds working 9-5. so he's had it pretty easy, and from the way I see it pennant sees himself very highly. no doubt the kid has talent, but its one thing to have talent and another to work at it.

we have bentley who in my opion (okay maybe as he's a striker gets more of the spotlight) is probably a better talent than pennant.

then we ahve pennant on loan at leeds, and bentley still are arsenal no getting a game once in a while. Its all part of the learning curve.

Pennant was sent to leeds to learn humility, to learn to fight, to learn that football not always goes your way and you ahve to play for the team. He's good, but too arrogant. you can tell from the way he scored a hatirck v southampton and wenger wasn;t happy, that maybe pennant will go.

With bentley, i see that wenger rates him highly. he's only a kid and has to learn. Playing on the left means he will have to track back, tackle and play for the team. somthing that he might not have to do up front.

a quote form wenger that went something along the lines of "hes only a youngster and he plays where the manager tells him to" means he is still along away from the first team.

I'd except him to play on the wing again with dennis up front on weds.

But I see him, ali nad clichy, the most likely to break into the team next year. maybe sendoros if hes fit.

Andrew

n_henry said:
Jinn said:

That's what first came to my mind too. I haven't seen the goal yet...but the guy's scored against a Prem side in a major competition already...Ali hasn't even achieved that yet... ;)

But then again, the pressure on Bentley in that cameo was less than what Ali had on his shoulders when he started in the Carling cup matches.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
And didn't Ali do well? That goal against Wolves was one of the best I've ever been priveleged tp witness. Bentley's yesterday would also have to be up there, it was Merson like, if it reminded me of anyone.

turtle

I agree with DB10, I don't think the fact he wasn't loan out has anything to do with his future at Arsenal. Besides, where can he learn the art to play in the hole except learning from Bergkamp everyday in training.

lewdikris

Established Member
Ok, Bentley's extremely talented - first time i've seen him in the flesh yesterday - he's got balls, i'll give him that. He's flashy, cocky - like DB10 he plays with arrogance.

But let's not get TOO excited yet - the goal yesterday was a cherry on top of a match that was already won. He came on for 5 minutes, did some tricks and scored a GREAT goal - but it didn't 'matter', in the way that, say, Rooney's goal against us last season 'mattered', winning a game.

Bentley has the ability to do anything. He still needs to beef up some, but his performance on Tuesday showed he has no idea yet how to boss a match at senior level - something which Dennis has been excelling at for years, and which he did yesterday to perfection.

A real number 10 has to control games and Bentley's a long long way away from doing that.

And the haircut is even worse in the flesh than it looks on tele. I was down by the side of the pitch when they were warming up, and from 5 foot away it's just ****ing rubbish. Looks like he's got the mange.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I think Lewdikris, he has got the talent to do it, Dennis arrived here as a great player, we are trying to creat one. He is a little lightweight and he didn't play that well on Wednesday, but physical strength, the ability to dictate the way Dennis does and the maturity to do it will all come as long as he learns from those around him.

And maybe, he'll lose the haircut too..

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom