• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bundesliga Thread

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
It’s 1-5 to Leverkusen!
8 changes, no Grimaldo or Wirtz in the squad and we hammer Frankfurt away. What a team and what a coach Xabi Alonso is.
Wasn’t a 5-1 game today it was a bit of a basketball game but Frankfurt clumsily gave away 2 penalties and didn’t take their chances.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Teams crumble before this Leverkusen side. They have lots of good players but they are more than the sum of their parts. After Wirtz; the two that impress me are the wingbacks Frimpong and Grimaldo. They constantly wreak havoc in the opposing third.

@jones what happened bro capitulation?

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

It’s 1-5 to Leverkusen!
8 changes, no Grimaldo or Wirtz in the squad and we hammer Frankfurt away. What a team and what a coach Xabi Alonso is.
Wasn’t a 5-1 game today it was a bit of a basketball game but Frankfurt clumsily gave away 2 penalties and didn’t take their chances.

Stop saying we, you fućking clown. You hadnt heard about Leverkusen before Xhaka moved there.

On topic: Bundesliga really is a joke league.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Stop saying we, you fućking clown. You hadnt heard about Leverkusen before Xhaka moved there.

On topic: Bundesliga really is a joke league.

We we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we We we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we we

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Teams crumble before this Leverkusen side. They have lots of good players but they are more than the sum of their parts. After Wirtz; the two that impress me are the wingbacks Frimpong and Grimaldo. They constantly wreak havoc in the opposing third.

@jones what happened bro capitulation?
Games play out like they have plot armour it's a joke at this point. Was an even game as absurd as it sounds with that scoreline just they took their chances and Frankfurt gave away sitters and pens

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Games play out like they have plot armour it's a joke at this point. Was an even game as absurd as it sounds with that scoreline just they took their chances and Frankfurt gave away sitters and pens
There is some weird team of destiny thing with Leverkusen. People miss chances they are supposed to make; Leverkusen get the deflections and bounces. The other German teams act as if they are subconsciously afraid of them. Good to see Spain can produce good young managers still.

Thrice

Really is a season for the ages if they manage to stay unbeaten in all competitions which seems absolutely doable now.

I hope we draw them in the Champions League. That would be an interesting matchup for both teams.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Really is a season for the ages if they manage to stay unbeaten in all competitions which seems absolutely doable now.

Sure. But the context is important. If Leverkusen win the national cup 5 of the 6 teams they played against there have been from the lower divisions. In the Europa League the most difficult teams they have faced so far are West Ham and Roma and both of those are kind of mediocre this season. If they reach the final they will play against Atalanta or Marseille.
But if they go unbeaten in all competitions its a remarkable achievement and further proof that you dont need 4,5 years and insane money for transfers as a manager to achieve great things.

Thrice

Sure. But the context is important. If Leverkusen win the national cup 5 of the 6 teams they played against there have been from the lower divisions. In the Europa League the most difficult teams they have faced so far are West Ham and Roma and both of those are kind of mediocre this season. If they reach the final they will play against Atalanta or Marseille.
But if they go unbeaten in all competitions its a remarkable achievement and further proof that you dont need 4,5 years and insane money for transfers as a manager to achieve great things.
There has been some luck involved, no doubt. Would have loved to see them against Liverpool, for example. But you can't blame Leverkusen for other teams not making it to the later rounds. At the end of the day they still beat everyone in their way.
And Roma have been pretty good since de Rossi took over. They're definitely not pushovers.
Can't say much about Marseille and Atalanta. They're wild cards for me. But we saw what Atalanta can do on a good day against Liverpool.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

There has been some luck involved, no doubt. Would have loved to see them against Liverpool, for example. But you can't blame Leverkusen for other teams not making it to the later rounds. At the end of the day they still beat everyone in their way.
And Roma have been pretty good since de Rossi took over. They're definitely not pushovers.
Can't say much about Marseille and Atalanta. They're wild cards for me. But we saw what Atalanta can do on a good day against Liverpool.

Yes. Im not trying to dismiss the achievement. What makes it even greater is that Leverkusen isnt the kind of team you expect it from. They are known as losers. So Xabi Alonso has done extremely well. But one factor that has been helpful if they go unbeaten in the league and that i didnt mention before is that they only play 34 games there. No way would they go unbeaten in the Bundesliga if they played 38 games. In that sense that potential achievement will not be as impressive as Arsenals 03/04 or Juventus 11/12. It will be more comparable to Porto 10/11 (although they only played 30 games) or Ajax 94/95. But maybe this is just me not wanting to see other teams go unbeaten in a league season as an Arsenal fan.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Yes. Im not trying to dismiss the achievement. What makes it even greater is that Leverkusen isnt the kind of team you expect it from. They are known as losers. So Xabi Alonso has done extremely well. But one factor that has been helpful if they go unbeaten in the league and that i didnt mention before is that they only play 34 games there. No way would they go unbeaten in the Bundesliga if they played 38 games. In that sense that potential achievement will not be as impressive as Arsenals 03/04 or Juventus 11/12. It will be more comparable to Porto 10/11 (although they only played 30 games) or Ajax 94/95. But maybe this is just me not wanting to see other teams go unbeaten in a league season as an Arsenal fan.

That’s definitely what it is, bias speaking.

Leverkusen going unbeaten is more impressive than Arsenal’s unbeaten run, whether it’s 34 games or 38 games doesn’t matter. Arsenal and Utd were the only teams fighting for the title in that era, and it was a weaker league too. See English teams performance in Europe for proof of that.
Leverkusen on the other hand have broken Bayern Munich’s total dominance, and this is their first Bundesliga win in their history. To go unbeaten is so much more special than Arsenal’s.
Fingers crossed Leverkusen does it, there’s 2 games left. It’s not easy to keep focussed on winning league matches long after you won the league. Takes top mentality, which they have in abundance, Granit Xhaka a large part of that.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Cologne hay still a chance to stay in the league after turning around a 0:2 into a 3:2 against Union.

Sadly Dortmunds B/C-Team is getting smashed by Mainz, so they only can surpass Union if they win their game and Union will lose their game.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Darmstadt should be docked points next season in the 2nd tier for every goal they concede this season after relegation was secured. ****ing useless

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
@BergMan ... "Can you believe we are finally gonna win our first ever title after years of hurt fellow Leverkusen fans, I think you should all name your kids Granit as you are nothing without him!"

Actual Leverkusen fans who have had to put up with being called "Neverkusen" until this season...

1471417349_00017.jpg

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
@BergMan ... "Can you believe we are finally gonna win our first ever title after years of hurt fellow Leverkusen fans, I think you should all name your kids Granit as you are nothing without him!"

Actual Leverkusen fans who have had to put up with being called "Neverkusen" until this season...

1471417349_00017.jpg

Now I know what it feels like to be a glory hunter lol.
In my defence I’ve supported them since the start of the season but nobody expected them to challenge for the title much less win it… much less win it unbeaten. I think I said top 4 would be a good first season for Granit.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Now I know what it feels like to be a glory hunter lol.
In my defence I’ve supported them since the start of the season but nobody expected them to challenge for the title much less win it… much less win it unbeaten. I think I said top 4 would be a good first season for Granit.

I mean you picked a team that had never win a title before after they finished 6th last season, just because your fav player signed for them...an unbeaten Treble wasn't exactly looking on the cards for them last summer ffs.

It's the most organic "glory hunting" ever really, fair play mate 😅

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom