• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

skip spence

Excellent news that Danny is back!

While he may lack the elite cutting edge attributes he also lacks real weaknesses, when fit and on form he's very good at everything really, a versatile, hard-working, athletic player with a good footballing brain. Perfect squaddie!

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
What's shocking about the second return?

Involved in 6 goals in under 600 minutes, how's that shocking exactly?

He's scored 8 goals in 36 league games for us. For someone who has played his entire career in the PL, and had a run up front for a team which plays the way we do, anything other than double figures in that amount of time is a shocking return.

I won't lie to you, I'm not a Welbeck fan at all. Breaking his stats down to minutes, goals and assists combined etc is all irrelevant to me. When he's on the pitch, he doesn't contribute enough for my liking. Perez has been here five minutes and has shown more of a cutting edge Welbeck ever has in his entire career.

He could be a decent wide option for us. But you could say he won't score as much as Theo out there. What is good is he's English and carries a certain premium, so we'll fetch a decent fee for him.

Reactions: BBF

eyoba

I like Welbeck. He is not a top drawer but I feel he is a very though player to play against than Giroud or most strikers with his pace and strength. And his touch is not that bad and he frees up space for our other physically challenged technically gifted players. I would rather him than Giroud any day of the week and I am also an admirer of Giroud.

chessygoal

I like Welbeck. He is not a top drawer but I feel he is a very though player to play against than Giroud or most strikers with his pace and strength. And his touch is not that bad and he frees up space for our other physically challenged technically gifted players. I would rather him than Giroud any day of the week and I am also an admirer of Giroud.
Giroud is a solid 20 goals a season striker, Welbeck is a 10 goals a season forward, when he isn't injured.
I love Welbeck, and I still feel that he'll be a late bloomer (think Vardy), but he's our 3rd striker behind Alexis/Giroud.
That being said, I'd really like to see a front 3 of Welbeck/Alexis/Walcott with Santi and Özil behind them.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Look how genuinely chuffed Jack is in that picture. Jacky boy s sweet lad. So is Danny tbf. Whether you think they're sh!t or great, they're both a credit to the club.

blaze_of_glory

I somewhat agree with what @Taylor Gang Gunners is saying, but at the same time I think Welbz was playing very well during the short spell he had last season before he go re-injured. So hopefully he can continue in that sort of vein. Can be very dangerous, but too often very frustrating. We'll just see how it goes this time around.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Look how genuinely chuffed Jack is in that picture. Jacky boy s sweet lad. So is Danny tbf. Whether you think they're sh!t or great, they're both a credit to the club.
Too late to jump on the Welbeck wave aka the Wabe.

blaise

He's scored 8 goals in 36 league games for us. For someone who has played his entire career in the PL, and had a run up front for a team which plays the way we do, anything other than double figures in that amount of time is a shocking return.

I won't lie to you, I'm not a Welbeck fan at all. Breaking his stats down to minutes, goals and assists combined etc is all irrelevant to me. When he's on the pitch, he doesn't contribute enough for my liking. Perez has been here five minutes and has shown more of a cutting edge Welbeck ever has in his entire career.

He could be a decent wide option for us. But you could say he won't score as much as Theo out there. What is good is he's English and carries a certain premium, so we'll fetch a decent fee for him.

Dont agree, Welbeck is ideal option to have. A great squaddie, like Elnenny, if we had more of these and less of unfinished products who aim for stars we d be much closer to titles. These players help you grit the results, overcome injuries, this is how Ferguson and Mourinho win titles.

He is one of our rare forwards that plays great defence. So in our team he has almost unique quality. And he is solid upfront, opens up a lot of space for other players. Much more useful than Walcott because you can count on his contribution always as limited as he is in some areas. His biggest minus are his injuries, but he certainly deserves another run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom