• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

English Football 2008-2009

xcdude24

Established Member
burnley is a decent side, but who gives a flying **** about brum and wolves? Also, the fact that Newcastle goes down (and, to a lesser extent boro and west brom, who in my are opinion are at least marginally entertaining) makes the PL less interesting.

I've also heard that going to Turf Moor can be rather intimidating, which won't be fun for our away lads(and possibly myself).

also, i'm not that bothered that Hull didn't go down. They're ****s, but we need more ****s in the league. Makes the season that much more interesting.

Sover

Tony Montana said:
Anyone else reckon that the league next year will be rather poor?

Totally agree.

Stoke, Bolton, Brum, Wolves, Burnley, Hull, Blackburn, Sunderland, Wigan

Not too much football coming from nearly half the division.

Proof

Established Member
Sover said:

That's 54 points right there. We must get at least 51 out of 54 from those teams.

True Gooner

Established Member
Tony Montana said:

More high scoring, open games/easier points/don't have to travel to Middlesbrough or Newcastle (furthest two away games)

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I think the league will look a bit less glamorous but it will probably be more entertaining too. You can't really accuse either Newcastle or Middlesbrough for setting the world on fire this season.

For the record I think Stoke has been playing pretty good stuff from time to time. They retorted to kicking their opponents off the field when they faced the big teams but otherwise they've been doing well. It's a bit of a myth that they can't play ball. They've been much better at it than most teams outside of the top six.

nazo

Established Member
Tony Montana said:

Like i said yesterday, i think there will be a massive cut between the top teams and the lower teams. The league winners will probably reach a very high point count.

In our case, we better beat the 'weaker' teams and improve our already impressive record against the top 3.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
nazo said:
In our case, we better beat the 'weaker' teams and improve our already impressive record against the top 3.
Every single time we get a draw next season against 'beatable' teams Wenger needs to get out the games from the last two seasons. Those draws two years ago destroyed our challenge and the string of 0-0's this year, while we were pretty much out if by then, didn't help matters. We can't afford a similar and inexplicable stretch like those.

DC Gunner

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
I would love Forest and Leeds to come back up. Burnley is good.
I don't mind Forest, Leeds is another story altogether, I hope they never see the top flight ever again.

entropy13

Established Member
Table with my predicted points total, and actual points:
1st 82 90
2nd 80 86
3rd 76 83
4th 70 72
------
5th 64 63
6th 62 62
7th 54 53
8th 53 51
9th 51 51
10th 51 50
-------
11th 50 45
12th 48 45
13th 47 41
14th 46 41
15th 44 41
16th 42 36
17th 41 35
-------
18th 40 34
19th 38 32
20th 35 32

I predicted rightly from 4th-10th within a +/- 2 pts range, the other spots were too high though, which means my predicted table as a whole wasn't mathematically possible anyway. :p

dbig

BBC
Newcastle are ready to offer Alan Shearer a four-year contract as they look to bounce back into the Premier League. (Various)
(Full story)

Appointing him was dumb but giving him a 4-year deal is dumber.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
dbig said:
BBC
Newcastle are ready to offer Alan Shearer a four-year contract as they look to bounce back into the Premier League. (Various)
(Full story)

Appointing him was dumb but giving him a 4-year deal is dumber.

Next season he might get back to a player/manager role, cause Championship is less demanding and he is still in good shape.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
It's Kevin Keegan all over again! Why would they want to offer him a longer deal. Ok they may have been ****ed anyway, but he still relegated the club. 1 win in 8 games!
All the toon fans are saying "if only he'd been here since January!". O right, if only? Then you would have got 2 wins in 16.

They'd be much better off giving the job to someone who's got a team promoted in the past, Boothroyd for example. The only thing Shearer has going for him is Dowie, who has done it before. I'd be inclined to sack shearer off and give it to Ian instead.

As for Newcastle in general, I was relishing sending them down and I couldn't be happier that we did it. THey were chanting "You're just a town full of Pakis" at the end of the game on Sunday. The league is better off without those deluded pricks.

alonso14

Established Member
Sover said:
A few more injuries for us to look forward to next season. These guys make Stoke look like Barcelona. :(

A special mention for Mr Dean, you got the result you wanted.

erm except Burnley play good football

alonso14

Established Member
Sover said:
True Gooner said:
Sover said:
A few more injuries for us to look forward to next season. These guys make Stoke look like Barcelona. :(

Burnley? Seriously?

Have you actually watched them play this season? Along with Swansea and Reading, Burnley are one of the best footballing sides in the country.

I have yes, I've seen their TV games and when they came to the Liberty - they kicked the Swans from start to finish. They're a dirty side, as bad if not worse the Sheffield Utd.

with respect you are talking tosh

Burnley play very good football

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Sover said:
Tony Montana said:

Totally agree.

Not too much football coming from nearly half the division.

Our medicall staf could work 24/7.

alonso14

Established Member
i have seen loads of Burnley as my mate plays for them

if anything they play a little too much football....

the play off game was a good indication of how they play....

they are a very good footballing side

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom