• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Sunderland vs Arsenal | 29/10/16 | 12:30 K/O (GMT) | Sky Sports 1

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nicky47

Established Member
Didn't get to watch the match, but chuffed with the response after going level. Well done Gunners, needed to get back to winning ways today!

Difficult run of games coming up now, and in the dreaded November! Big test for the squad is next month... How you feeling about it guys?

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

No, we were asleep. We were too relaxed and didn't take the opposition seriously. We were on cruise control. The team actually started performing when Sunderland equalized.

Don't let the scoreline deceive, we were poor and lethargic for 60 minutes. Probably the worst performance of the season, and we're very lucky it was against Sunderland. Better teams would have ripped us apart.
I don't think we were asleep at all - didn't we fashion two big chances prior to the PK, IIRC they were both from the Ox. If anything, the way we played after the PK was more of a continuation of us creating chances, albiet with greater intensity.

OSBK

Established Member
Brilliant win, well deserved and a solid platform for the upcoming games.

Giroud came on and made a impact, ramsey looked sharp.

Sanchez was world class, he is the best player in the prem.

sammy89

I thought if Giroud was available for last week's game we'd have won. He's our super sub and should be encouraged to accept the role.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
There were some things I really liked about this performance - didn't like the switching off though.

Elneny was a bit more positive today, that was encouraging. Ox looks better, mainly because he's keeping things simple. Özil's movement was very good, and Alexis showed why he's the maverick of the team with a really exciting performance. Iwobi probably needs a bit of a rest, he's now finding it hard to maintain his level now that he's a known quantity.

Giroud looked well rested and delivered with two good finishes. He'll be vital, no matter how popular or unpopular he is.

Gibbs looked the most accomplished I've seen him play in a long time. He's still got some way to go IMO, but this was encouraging.

Can I also say how happy I am to see Maitland-Niles getting PL minutes, albeit a very short cameo. Ramsey ****ing pissed me off when he had the opportunity to lay the ball off to AMN's overlapping run and decided to hit a shot instead.

Ewarwoowar

Brilliant win, well deserved and a solid platform for the upcoming games.

Giroud came on and made a impact, ramsey looked sharp.

Sanchez was world class, he is the best player in the prem.
Yes if He keeps it up He shall be overlooked for the pfa player of the year:rolleyes:

:)

logic DC

must say I was very impressed with Alexis, him and Aguero are on a different level. we also need Santi to be back next week as our play is way to predictable without him. we playing this well and we haven't even seen Özil's best run of form this season, exciting times are ahead surely.

ggunner12345

I watched the second half good goal by sanchez ,good assist by Gibbs that set up Giraud's 1st and good finish. The 4th goal was good delivery by Özil and Giroud was there to head in. Why are you guys not commentating on my Ludogorets vs Arsenal Thread?

Arsenio Venger

I want to see the post-Giroud sub map.

meantemp_autumn2009_son.gif

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

So this is Pienaar's foul on Alexis in the first half:

And this is Xhaka's notorious red card offence:

If you ask me what the difference is between these fouls, it's that Barrow is a bit further away. Both foulers had no chance of getting the ball, both did not even try. Is that half a yard of distance the difference between a red card and nothing? This is getting ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein
Top Bottom