• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Football’s Gambling Problem

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Didn’t Joey Barton get an 18 months ban for 1260 bets? I think his betting period was over 10 years.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Knowing he's missing your game now..

FqAZ-QoWIAECJcT

...****s.

Last edited:

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
They'll have to make an example out of him now. Definitely won't see him play again till at least next season, potentially much longer.

Probably ruined his chances of playing for England in the future too.

Good player but really foolish behaviour tbh.
Agreed. If he’d only been Ghanaian, he’d probably leverage his twice removed cousin’s best friend’s husband to place these bets. Seriously though, really terrible behaviour. It’s going to overshadow all he’s achieved on the pitch.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

There's been a few cases so it should not be too hard to see what the ban would be. That being said, is it not time that football stopped accepting sponsorships from these hyenas? Should we really accept seeing ads for betting companies before every games, at every half time break?

We all have our things, betting has fortunately never been mine, but the stories are rife of the damage this industry brings to people. Why is it so easily accepted?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
There's been a few cases so it should not be too hard to see what the ban would be. That being said, is it not time that football stopped accepting sponsorships from these hyenas? Should we really accept seeing ads for betting companies before every games, at every half time break?

We all have our things, betting has fortunately never been mine, but the stories are rife of the damage this industry brings to people. Why is it so easily accepted?
Because every business is based on a model of greed first, second and third and they'll contort themselves into any shape to rationalize whatever pads their bottom line.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That season was the most embarrassing in the last decade. We should have walked the league with that team.
Still spouting the gospel according to DT I see. Still, you were only 11 that year so don't expect you to have had any discerning thoughts of your own.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Sad to see another brother get finessed by the bookies.

Expect him to turn to Power League football now 🙏
Seen this script too many times brav. You just know if it were Connor Toney from Gloucestershire instead they'd be calling him a good lively lad and have him replace Ray Winstone's fat flying head in Bet365 commercials by now.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Seen this script too many times brav. You just know if it were Connor Toney from Gloucestershire instead they'd be calling him a good lively lad and have him replace Ray Winstone's fat flying head in Bet365 commercials by now.

100%.

Gareth Southgate/FA’s love child Harry Kane would have buss case by now and they’d have even taken him to the WC. Funny how I don’t really see anyone saying that Harry Kane “let the country down” post WC 👀

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Pretty crazy that these players often spend their entire careers surrounded by betting companies, it’s on their shirts, advertising boards, sometimes even the stadium name, yet when the player actually engages in that industry everyone is suddenly shocked.

Like maybe if betting wasn’t literally ubiquitous in every aspect of football then players wouldn’t be so tempted?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
100%.

Gareth Southgate/FA’s love child Harry Kane would have buss case by now and they’d have even taken him to the WC. Funny how I don’t really see anyone saying that Harry Kane “let the country down” post WC 👀
They'd have renamed PaddyPower to HarryPower if Kane were caught.

Not too sympathetic to Toney anyway what was he thinking pleading guilty. Maybe one of these bookies offers good odds on how long he'll be in the wokhouse lol

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom