• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Arsenal vs Internazionale | 29/07/07

dutchMasta

Yeah, I agree with Luka about Flamini. I used to hate him for being reckless and not having any idea what he was doing, but he's improved. He scores goals too, and isn't phased by the opponent at all. He's a bit like Lauren, as in, he doesn't get involved, he just does his job, gets on with it, and puts in all the effort. I started seeing that the 06/07 season, but wasn't sure, and thought he was leaving. I'd much rather him than Denilson or Diaby, like I've stated before, in place of Gilberto in the midfield.

But if we bring in another midfielder, it will probably mean the departure of Flamini, since Diaby and Denilson both have a long way in development and Wenger will want to keep them in his future plans, though, ideally, for me, I'd loan Denilson and maybe even Diaby, keep Flamini, and buy Modric and Appiah.

ronitc

He plays better in a 4-5-1 but I really wouldn't like to see him getting major time partnering Cesc in the centre in a 4-4-2.

He did well today though.

Lancelot

Established Member
Lukazan said:
I have to say I really liked what I saw from Flamini today, and what I've seen of him this pre-season so far.

I see one or two have picked him out as "not looking good enough" but, frankly, that's bullshit. IMO he was better than Fabregas. He worked hard and kept things going.

Most importantly the 'headless chicken' act has disappeared and he actually looks like a player who knows what he's doing in the middle. He looks stronger and more composed on the ball, actually passes very decently and also seems to have a goal threat about him.

He's a player that'll never please the majority no matter what he does, but he's a handy player to have around.
That was a very good thing to hear from one of the senior posters around indeed. :) I share the exact sentiment concerning his performance today and feel a little sad if your comment in the last paragraph continues to be the case.

Too bad that it's unlikely that he will made it through with our typical 4-4-2 as Cesc and Gilberto would definitely be the first two in the pecking order. I would like to think that he is good enough to be an automatic starting player when we play 4-5-1, very energetic and seems to be quite composed in the box; something that Gilberto is lacking.

Edit:

Oops! I didn't see that he received a good rating from Asa, whom I completely agree with his entire ratings given for today's game; this is a very good sign indeed and I hope he can keep up with the good work during the pre-season and continue to patiently wait for his chance.

By the way, great ratings from you there, Asajoseph. ;)

Unkmengani

Wow, if we can just take our Laboratory coats off for a minute, put down our atom splitting equipment and just enjoy a good performance in a pre-season friendly; I think it was a good showing, lots of positives, Gibbs, giood performance, as with Hleb, Sagna, Eboue, Cesc and of course, RvP.

Still that issue of dominating, going behind and having to fight back when we should be cruising, is still lurking.

sabret00the

Established Member
I agree with you Lukazan, much much much improved performance by Flamini. he's not my third choice but credit where it's due and you can see he clearly done well.

jay-d

Established Member
Unkmengani said:
Wow, if we can just take our Laboratory coats off for a minute, put down our atom splitting equipment and just enjoy a good performance in a pre-season friendly; I think it was a good showing, lots of positives, Gibbs, giood performance, as with Hleb, Sagna, Eboue, Cesc and of course, RvP.

Still that issue of dominating, going behind and having to fight back when we should be cruising, is still lurking.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So so true. We really are an analytical ( is that a word ) bunch here at AM.

dos1986

Established Member
When they scored it felt like West Ham,Sheffield all over again....We had all the ball,nothing to show for it only a few decentish chances and then bang they score from a situation they should never score from...

It was pathetic defending from Gallas,and the scary thing is,it was the first cross they put in...We will see managers in the prem target this soft spot very hard this season...Hleb and Hoyte aside it was a typical performance from the rest....

I kind of wish we didnt win,because Im certain Arsène will not make any new signings now....

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Unkmengani said:
Wow, if we can just take our Laboratory coats off for a minute, put down our atom splitting equipment and just enjoy a good performance in a pre-season friendly;

what the hell were you smoking mate?

jay-d

Established Member
dos1986 said:
When they scored it felt like West Ham,Sheffield all over again....We had all the ball,nothing to show for it only a few decentish chances and then bang they score from a situation they should never score from...

It was pathetic defending from Gallas,and the scary thing is,it was the first cross they put in...We will see managers in the prem target this soft spot very hard this season...Hleb and Hoyte aside it was a typical performance from the rest....

I kind of wish we didnt win,because Im certain Arsène will not make any new signings now....
If it wasn't for your avatar I'd lay into your post but I just can't do it............ ;D

Unkmengani

bojed said:
Unkmengani said:
Wow, if we can just take our Laboratory coats off for a minute, put down our atom splitting equipment and just enjoy a good performance in a pre-season friendly;

what the hell were you smoking mate?

Sorry fella, if I tells ya, I gots to kill ya.

mood

Great to see Hleb on the scoresheet. Our best player this pre-season. HOpe he carries this form into the season.

Giga

Eboue has REALLY impressed me of late now. I seriously think Eboue should become a regular winger for Arsenal IMO. He has proved me wrong.

I like Wenger's tactics now. What he does is let the fullbacks run forward and support their winger and midfielder, so that they can make simple passes and create enough space for the killer pass. The right side of midfield was the most effective, with Fabregas, Eboue, Sagna and RVP exchanging passes.

Potentially, we can do the exact same thing on the left hand side, with Clichy and Hleb/Rosicky there. All Clichy needs to do is perfect his crossing ability and he will be super-dangerous this season.

Hoyte and Gibbs wasn't really a threat at all TBH. It was Traore that really sparked it up a little when he came on for Hoyte. Traore still needs to work on his defensive touch though. And Gibbs didn't really do a "WOW" performance. Average IMO.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Lukazan said:
I have to say I really liked what I saw from Flamini today, and what I've seen of him this pre-season so far.

I see one or two have picked him out as "not looking good enough" but, frankly, that's bullshit. IMO he was better than Fabregas. He worked hard and kept things going.

Most importantly the 'headless chicken' act has disappeared and he actually looks like a player who knows what he's doing in the middle. He looks stronger and more composed on the ball, actually passes very decently and also seems to have a goal threat about him.

He's a player that'll never please the majority no matter what he does, but he's a handy player to have around.

Being probably his most harsh critic i have to admit i agree he played quite well today.

asajoseph

Established Member
Also, today was the first time I've seen Adriano in the flesh - the man's a freaking giant, at least twice as large as some of our players.

AFCG7

Established Member
Two things that stood out for me today.. Hleb is much better in the role he played today than on the flanks. The second noticeable thing is Eboue on the right has done what Freddie could not over the last two seasons or so - beat his man on the outside.

AFCG7

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Also, today was the first time I've seen Adriano in the flesh - the man's a freaking giant, at least twice as large as some of our players.

He looks a bit fitter than last season too and held the ball up very well. Looks like he could be on his way back to some good form.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Daily Transfer Updates

Wednesday, May 22

Manchester United have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Ajax LB Jorrel Hato, but the player prefers a move to North London [HITC]

Benjamin Šeško will decide before the Euros whether he wants to leave Leipzig or sign a new contract [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have made an official offer of €20m + €5m add-ons to Fenerbache for LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Sabah Spor]

Arsenal are interested in Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow [Telegraaf]

Justin Bijlow could be available for around £10m [John Cross - The Mirror]

Newcastle are adamant Bruno Guimaraes will not be leaving the club unless his release clause is triggered [The Telegraph]

Arsenal admire Newcastle forward Alexander Isak, but the club insist they will not discuss a deal for less than double the £90m price being mentioned in the media [The Telegraph]

Sambi Lokonga says he has decided to leave Arsenal and his agent is now looking for a solution [Chris Wheatley]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom