• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gareth Southgate's England

REWB

Gareth: "Clearly on form. I can't sit here and say he doesn't deserve to be in."

I didn't realise he picked players based on form. That explains why Pickford, Rashford, Henderson, Maguire and until now Phillips are nailed on starters.
Pickford is in form btw, top keeper.

Let's play Aubamawang

Pickford is in form btw, top keeper.
He is right now, but he hasn't always been in form when he's been picked. What's even the point in playing your 1st choice GK in a friendly? He'll never know if he can rely on a backup if he gets injured because he doesn't play them.

Then you have situations like White where he gets called up but only sees the pitch in friendlies. I'm surprised more players don't reject call ups.

Remember when Toney first got selected then he wasn't even played?

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I've gone from wanting England to win the Euros for the sakes of Saka, Rice, and Rammers but Southgate has crossed a huge red line - hope they crash and burn now.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

I've gone from wanting England to win the Euros for the sakes of Saka, Rice, and Rammers but Southgate has crossed a huge red line - hope they crash and burn now.
I don't support England but was warming to them due to Saka and Rice. This Ben White thing has just made me double down on my original position.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Can you give me a TLDR explanation of what happened with Ben?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's a weird situation with Southgate because you acknowledge that he's done fairly well with England especially considering the position they were in prior to him arriving. Semis and finals as well as creating a good harmony within the squad. But you can also acknowledge in his limitations with how his teams play and how stifled they seem at times, he's probably not getting enough out of the serious talents in the team and having a deeper look at most of their achievements, they came thanks to favourable routes to the semi-finals and final of the world cup and euros. Only top team they faced was Germany.

You can't justify getting rid but then you also feel like it's time to move on. Then comes the question who'd take over and get minimum similar results? International football is completely separate from club and how things are done. Howe was a popular suggestion not so long ago but now his reputation has taken a hit, similarly Potter who's had destroyed at Chelsea.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
The best and really only good thing that Southgate has done for England is PR stuff, he's got the players enjoying playing for England, which hasn't been the case for most of the last 30 years.

As a football manager he's subpar and that's putting it kindly. He's cost us at later stages of tournaments with his negativity and letting games meander. He's just crap tactically.

England should have won the Euro's and would have put Italy to the sword in the first half with a more astute manager, likely the same with Croatia in the WC semi's.

This England squad is very, very good. He's costing a great generation of English footballers. I can't wait to be rid of him.

Problem is he's in with all the blazers at the FA and does the corporate management speak, they'll offer him a new contract after the Euro's I'm sure, it's easy street for them with a yes man like Southgate.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Mainoo added to the England squad after 15 league games. Big clubs young players have huge advantage when it comes to being picked. If Mainoo played 15 games for Brentford would he be in the England squad?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

If Mainoo played 15 games for Brentford would he be in the England squad?
With the talent he’s shown…I think so.

Don’t think he’ll be starting or anything but it’s more for experience and to lock him down as a future England player I’m guessing.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
The biggest joke is ( and I rated the guy in his prime) Henderson being in the England squad still. He's basically there as a cheerleader and because Southgate likes him.

Mainoo deserves a call up tbf. He reminds me a bit of Saka when he broke through, kind of player who looks like he's been playing at this level of years, has a natural reading of the game that is rare for a player of his age / position. He's the sort of talent you fasttrack.

Doubt he'll play a much of a role at the Euro's but he deserves to go and get some experience of what a major tournament is like.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Mainoo added to the England squad after 15 league games. Big clubs young players have huge advantage when it comes to being picked. If Mainoo played 15 games for Brentford would he be in the England squad?
It’s partially to convince him not to play for Ghana.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Happened many times in the past? Lamptey was born in London, Williams in Bilbao etc
Yea those chose those countries after realising they not gonna picked by the country they grew up in. 18 year old kid with 15 league games in his career is not gonna pick national team right now. Even Diaz chose Morocco after playing through the ages for Spain.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Yea those chose those countries after realising they not gonna picked by the country they grew up in. 18 year old kid with 15 league games in his career is not gonna pick national team right now. Even Diaz chose Morocco after playing through the ages for Spain.
What about Eddie 🤙🏾📞

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He is born in Stockport. Doubt he would want to play for Ghana if he doesn’t get picked now.

Not just that, @Macho has been threatening to beat the crap out of Mainoo if he doesn't pick Ghana...so Southgate has to act fast before he gives in.

Macho has also been begging both Gareth and Partey for Thomas to move on to the England national team for the last few years, but sadly neither of the 2 have responded.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Eddie will probably pick Ghana for next World Cup. He is perfect example of someone who can play for another country, but still not giving up on his first choice
How come? I thought that if a player is picked AND plays, then he cannot change his NT anymore.

Eddie played some insignificant minutes in a friendly of England against Australia.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom