• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Next Captain?

Which best describes your opinion of Xhaka?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
god no
utd sliced us open yesterday because we had no cover from CM(xhaka can't do it alone)
xhaka + torreira is perfect
I do like Xhaka Torreira but not every team have pace merchants as good as United. It's a viable alternative. Torreira has been off the boil for a couple of months now. Would be nice to mix things up a little

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Wonder how everyones gonna react once Xhaka becomes our best player and captain and Erlis was right the whole time.

People will conjure up something new to discredit him/them for.

Most would rather see him fail than be incorrect. Sadly people are petty

It is the same as with Kola

People are all of a sudden saying he has drasticalky improved? Feck no! Just like Xhaka he has always been this great but people dont wanna admit they were wrong so they tweak everything

Last edited:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Complete performance from him. His positioning, tackling, decision making, passing etc was all on point. I love Xhaka, I love what he brings to the team and I still see him as being captain one day. Honestly, his cross field balls are a thing of beauty, he pinged one out to Kola and it was simply immaculate.

He's starting to gain admirers which is good to see, but most importantly Emery rates him. I've got huge hopes for his partnership with Torreira. There's a bit of everything between those pair.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
People are all of a sudden signing he h s drasticalky improved? Feck no! Just like Xhaka he has always been this great but people dont wanna admit they were wrong so they tweak everything
“It’s definitely my best season so far,” he told Swiss outlet Aargauer Zeitung.

“Without doubt, I think I took another step forward.
https://www.google.se/amp/s/en.onef...hes-having-the-best-season-of-his-career/amp/
It’s not just AM who thinks he has drastically improved...

He was terrible for the majority of his time here before this season and he rightfully got criticized for it. There’s no tweaking going on.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger

OSBK

Established Member
Whats helping him is a solid cb partnership and structure. I think his early days he was trying to do everything and he got caught out, credit to emery for fixing that. He was brilliant the weekend and has been good alot this season.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
That article was published four months ago. I think you will find he has been heavily criticised here since then.
Maybe in the match threads but everyone gets heavily criticized there. This thread has been pretty quiet for months and that’s not for no reason.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He's still not very good. Even Mustafi has a great game from time to time. One swallow doesn't make a summer... etc.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Maybe in the match threads but everyone gets heavily criticized there. This thread has been pretty quiet for months and not for no reason.
Threads tend to go quiet when people are tired of saying the same thing, or when a player is doing neither great or terrible. Thread didn't even go quiet for 'months' either. Thread went quiet for a month because he either didn't play or we had crap results.

Last edited:

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Have to give xhaka huge props for taking his game up to the next level. His passing was never in doubt, it was is ability to receive the ball under pressure, which he was exposed for as well as taking too long to play the ball forward. Which hes doing both really well now and it's allowed for the rest of his game to shine.

Also huge credit must go to Emery and the staff for helping him to improve. Same goes for iwobi.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I still think he played almost at the same level under Wenger.
it was tactics that kept Xhaka look worse then he was, because he is a type of a player that needs good balance around him and right tactics. Probably all of our players suffered cause of that reason under Wenger last two seasons, but, players who dont have that special athleticism but rely on positioning and their feel/read of a game will always suffer more (not to mention if we're talking about most difficult and crucial position on the pitch, centre mid)

I am really looking forward to see fully adopted Lucas next to Xhaka. Could end up really special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom