• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool: Slot Shame

• Thread starter KMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,407
  • Views 843,683

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
That wasn't a great situation for him to go into as his first managerial job tbf. They're not doing any better this season and probably won't until Peter Lim is gone.

Yeah but his performance as a manager shouldn't be relevant here. Everyone can see Karius has been poor at times this season, you shouldn't need a glittering CV as manager to be able to say that imo.

THere's saying he was poor, and there's saying it in a way that makes it seem as though he's a complete no hoper. Karius is young, only 24, and he's only played 10 games, ffs. Some context would be nice. Also, his bias when it comes to slating players is so obvious that it makes all his opinions invalid imo. Rooney has been awful for quite a while, and dismal for a good stretch of time, Gary didn;t slate him. And for a failed manager to tell a successful manager that he's gone stupid for sticking with a player shows a lack of self awareness that is staggering which in itself makes his opinions irrelevant.

When a high school dropout tries to tell me why I'm not getting on with my doctorate thesis, all I can do is tell him to STFU.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
THere's saying he was poor, and there's saying it in a way that makes it seem as though he's a complete no hoper. Karius is young, only 24, and he's only played 10 games, ffs. Some context would be nice.
He did say that Karius might improve, but currently he's not performing at the same level as his peers like Courtois. Nothing wrong with that imo, Klopp can defend his player but attacking Neville's managerial career just comes across as spiteful.
And for a failed manager to tell a successful manager that he's gone stupid for sticking with a player shows a lack of self awareness that is staggering which in itself makes his opinions irrelevant
He didn't mention Klopp originally did he? Just said keepers like Karius transmit anxiety to the rest of the team, which is true. We've seen that firsthand at Arsenal with some **** keepers.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
He didn't mention Klopp originally did he? Just said keepers like Karius transmit anxiety to the rest of the team, which is true. We've seen that firsthand at Arsenal with some **** keepers.

Which is implying that Klopp has bought the wrong keeper and that he should drop him - after 2 bad performances and only playing 10 games. He's criticizing Klopp by extension, which isn't even the main issue, he voiced his opinion in a way, going is hard on the young keeper, that would certainly unsettle the lad.

He's biased as ****, and his opinions about how to manage players or a club are worthless based on his own achievements - not to mention his OUTRAGEOUS bias in favour of united - nothing worse than a biased pundit.

If he wants to voice opinions on how to properly fulfil the Right Back position - starting with telling United's RBs, I'll listen, since he was a decent right back himself. Other than that, he can STFU.

Uncle Good-Advice

In my opinion the most important thing is that Klopp is absolutely right questioning Neville's integrity as a pundit. He's quite an influential figure there, probably one of the most intelligent and well-spoken guys. That's why he's so successful in his ploy.

You never hear him saying a bad word against United despite abysmal run of form, he talks rubbish like 4 transfer windows for Mourinho etc. just to clear the atmosphere around his club. Less intelligent ones like Henry or Carragher (who are clearly fans just as much as pundits) are often getting carried away about their favourite teams just like we all sometimes do. Neville is always keeping his cool and lie in our faces. He's just a venomous snake and disgrace to profession.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
It's really not.
"He looks nervous and he isn't good enough. Now he might get better, he might get better but you watch [Thibaut] Courtois yesterday [against Manchester City]... Courtois is good enough.

"That presence [knowing] when to catch the ball when it comes into the six-yard box [and] kick the ball when it comes to you. Do the simple things well and the basic things because goalkeepers can transmit anxiety all round the ground and can transmit anxiety all the way through a team, and the likes of Karius and [Maarten] Stekelenburg... that's what they do."
Nothing about him being a no hoper or dropping him.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Nothing about him being a no hoper or dropping him.

He did it over 2 games not one. and in that bit you quoted he blamed the keeper for the whole team performing badly, ffs (anxiety). ANd he also compared a young 24 yo keeper with Stekelenburg ffs, a 34 year old veteran who's meant to be in the prime of his career as keeper. He's saying that Karius is a no hoper.
I'd like to know how much he slated De Gea when he first started at United.

I'm not gonna continue arguing this with you. You think Neville was right and Klopp was wrong. I think Nevill is biased know-nothing prick with an agenda, and Klopp was protecting his player. No middle ground here.

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
CzqW9a7WIAAEOuL.jpg

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Think Klopp is handling this well. He knows he has a good keeper in Karius but he is not performing right now. So he defends him against criticism but at the same time shows Karius he needs to up his game.

Plus he puts those thin skinned pundits in their proper place. If anyone hasn't covered themselves in glory it is the Neville brothers and Carragher. I cannot stand their idiotic droning. Their punditry is so un-nuanced it is mind numbing. And as soon as they are criticised they throw the toys out of the pram.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I think it is little in between. Very good on Klopp for exposing the "managerial genius" of Neville by highlighting his time in Valencia.
After the shambles of his period there, Gary should think loooong before questioning or criticizing the decisions of proven managers who have plenty of trophies to show for. That shows Neville to be "arrogant and naive" himself.

But then Klopp also probably got Karius aside and wanted to take him off the limelights, because one more clanger and the pitchforks would be truly well up in the air.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Does anyone on here watch them regularly-ish?

Why exactly do they score so many goals?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Does anyone on here watch them regularly-ish?

Why exactly do they score so many goals?

Two things;
1. Their tempo.
2. Bodies in the box

Klopp's high press, high octane style of play is great on the eye tbh. The main thing I noticed about them is the fact that they get bodies in the box. They move it so quickly, and there always seems to be a free option.

It's the reason so many of their players have scored multiple goals. Lallana, Firmino, Mane, Origi, and Coutinho have all scored a lot of goals, it's certainly no coincidence that it's Lallana's best ever goalscoring season.

It's impressive what Klopp's doing. He still hasn't got the greatest squad at his disposal either. It's clear to see why the Liverpool hierarchy gave him a new deal so soon after appointing him, if they back him he'll execute his vision.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom