• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Log on to Arsenal-Mania to read that Benzema is now just as good as Aguero?

EPcvhM28ER9XW.gif

Brilliant banter, mate.

Jenkinson level/10.

chessygoal

Now that Real is in crisis, let's hope that Perez does a Perez!
I still remember a young Benzema scoring goals for fun with Lyon and I firmly believe that Arsène could bring back this Karim.

Yorch_44

Now that Real is in crisis, let's hope that Perez does a Perez!
I still remember a young Benzema scoring goals for fun with Lyon and I firmly believe that Arsène could bring back this Karim.

Every player can score for fun in France, Gervinho did it, Giroud as well. Benzema scoring for Lyon is not a good reference. Anyway today he was sooo meeeh.

chessygoal

Every player can score for fun in France, Gervinho did it, Giroud as well. Benzema scoring for Lyon is not a good reference. Anyway today he was sooo meeeh.
he was 19 years old when he started to completely dominate every games he played. And it's the way he scores/assists that is really impressive, he was already a complete striker. Giroud/Gervinho never reached the same level in France.
It's easy to forget that Benzema was transfered to Madrid when he was only 21.

DanAust

Am I the only one who cringes when someone says "The next <insert name here>"
Yeah I hate it too, they almost never live up to the hype either. My point wasn't so much about "the next ....." but there just doesn't seem like there are those teenage strikers putting in dominant performances around Europe like there were a few years ago. Hazard in France is the last young player I can think of that turned everyones head, but not any strikers (maybe Lukaku at a stretch)

GDeep™

League is very weak
There is a core of untouchables at Real, reckon Benzema is one of them.

Mainly because the options to replace him aren't really there in the market.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Oh I like it, I like it a lot.
Him and Özil linking up again, yes please.

Thetrollpolice

Class, Class, Class.
If Arsenal signed him, well.....it would be one of the best signings of the epl in recent times.
Why?

He fits Arsenal right down to the ground. The movement, runs, speed, dribbling and finishing, he isn't just a upgrade on Giroud. He is a few steps ahead of him in every department.

Also I do not think he is utilized as best he can be as a striker in RM, he is used to get the best out the team, mainly CR. He is probably not selfish enough most times.
However if he was to come here then he could be the focal point, the one to finish of the moves.

This is the kind of signing which would bring Arsenal up to real challengers.

To be frank, I think RM would think about it if a bid in the region of 35 was actually made.

Loken

*Sigh*. This old rumour again huh?

And what striker do Goal mention Real Madrid will be replacing him with? Is there anyone near his quality available? And if so, why would we not be inquiring?

Nothing in this, despite there being so many reasons why it'd be great.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The same Goal article said we would be open to selling Giroud if we got Benzema, I'm guessing that's something to do with our other strikers being home grown.

Can't really take Goal seriously though, I'm still waiting for that Rooney and Fellaini double signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom