• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.

Token Yank

Let us dream Loken...

You never know with Real, especially after the 'disappointing' season and sacking of manager. They could go all out for Aguero, who may want to move to Real and City may be desperate to bring in homegrown talent. Could also bring back Morata, promise him starting spot and need to fund Pogba move. All speculation on my part. Benzema would be perfect signing for us and is on top of my wish list.

Refo

Too many people seem to judge Benzema off his stats (which aren't too shabby), without recognizing his role on the team. People might look at some of his glaring misses, without realizing that he gets maybe a couple of good opportunities per game to have a go at goal himself. Look at how he was used in the 2nd half of the season. He was pretty much run into the ground because he had to essentially drop deep in midfield and do a hell of a lot of dirty work, due to RM having such a heavily imbalanced XI.

His link-up play is phenomenal, and I think he can be a good striker at Arsenal.

Thetrollpolice

Why would they? He's an integral player, one of the best in his position, in the world.
But never know if no bid is made. They might then think about who they could get for that amount.
You are right though in a sense, they might just flat out say no and don't bother us again.

Token Yank

Why would they? He's an integral player, one of the best in his position, in the world.
Going to the well on this one but Özil fit that description when they sold to us to fund their new toy. After their season this year they will look to make a splash in the transfer window. I remember in the past the Real fans were all over Benzema and he was often linked away. I think he is an incredible player, I don't think it is likely he will be sold but that club does not operate in a logical manner. Plus with a new manager coming in you never know.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Of course there is a chance they might sell him. Its not even questionable, cause its Real Madrid.
Perez needs a new toy every summer, and its always someone playing up fromt, not a defender.

Why did they sell Özil? To get a new toy they didnt need; Bale. James? Ok, lets sell one of our best again, Di Maria.

If they get any signal Aguero could move, Real will be all in!

Benzema is a great player, but Perez wants a new toy, and thats a alarm for every club now wanting some of their players, Benzema included.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

It could be Bale out and Aguero In, playing as a winger.
Coleman, coach of Wales has come out and said there is no way Bale is leaving Madrid. I'd factor in the Euro's and many factors.. weather, new managers etc. Don't see Bale leaving, yet.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Talk of Bale being the main man at Madrid with Benitez, could be all change there. Bale AM, Ronaldo ST.

BobP

Memri Fan
Let us pray that Real Madrid do what they do best and dispense with Benzema for their seasonal toy.

Preferably they sign Aguero, weakening City whilst we pounce on Benzema, thus strengthening ourselves.

Highly unlikely though.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
If they're moving Ronaldo to CF and Bale to AM, they'll need a new winger or two - I could see their big signing for that position being Reus.

Kingslayer

Forza Milan
on Karim Benzema…

You can suspect that at the moment I am not in a transfer mode. We’ll deal with the transfers after the FA Cup final. It’s all suspicions. Does anybody know if that’s true or not? I don't know.

elber82

Of the strikers attainable Benzema is the best we can do.

Not sure Madrid are ready to part with him just yet though and if they were willing id say they would ask a lot more than £35Mil.

DanAust

Benzema isn't going anywhere without them first signing a replacement. I can't see any other top tier striker than Agüero that would be worth getting if I was them..

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Even though I think there is zero chance of this happening, it's interesting cause I just remembered and article a couple of weeks ago about Bale supposedly saying he wants to be a striker. So the possibility exist of Real entertaining shafting Benzema in favour of their world record signing.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I think it's time to lock this thread and every other CF we've been linked with. Wenger's happy with Theo, Giroud and Welbz as his CF options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould
Top Bottom