• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Karim Benzema

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

I think this transfer hangs in the balance of Wenger's notorious poker game. It all comes down to, should Madrid buy Aguero, only then would Arsenal make the approach for Benzema because there's no way Madrid would weaken themselves before they face their transfer ban next season.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Bale > Madrid, Özil > Arsenal
Suarez > Barca, Alexis > Arsenal
Aguero > Madrid, Benzema > Arsenal.

I'd be prepared to wait as long as we get a GK and DM in.

Token Yank

If Benzema does become available do Bayern, PSG, City and United come in for him?
Maybe, but I would like to think he would prefer to come here, just speculation on my part. You would think the stability of Arsenal and him being clear cut #1, plus appeal of playing under Wenger and living in London with some familiar faces (Özil, Kos, Giroud, Debuchy). I think out of teams competing for signature PSG could pose biggest threat but they have Ibra and Cavani. This rumor always gets me excited as Benzema has been one of my favorite players for a while and think he would destroy for us.

Iceman10

Established Member
I'd wait also, but doubtful on Aguero to RM, there hasn't been the slightest hint from him to date that he wants to move. RM do have a buyback for Morata I think, that could be enough if they consider the possibility of CR7 playing more @ CF.

GabeGooner

Benítez loves his Spaniards. He'll probably want to keep Jesé Rodríguez and go back for Morata or Higuaín. If that happens, we could easily see Benzema make a move – whether it's to us, though, that's debatable; especially with the likes of United and Chelsea (potentially) looking for a world-class forward.

I've heard many reports over past few years on how big a fan Wenger is. If he's available I'm sure we'll be in for him. Think we have some things beyond fee/wages that could convince him, but not sure about Real Madrid. If the "unlimited" guns get involved it's hard to see RM to turn down a €50m+ bid.

Livedk

Established Member
Dont think he will age all that well - at best we will get 3 years out of him, maybe only 2 before he drops like RVP.

lets say 40 mil - 140k over a 4 year contract - thats 69 mil and his value will be 0 afterwards.

he will cost us around 18 mil a year - tbh, dont think he is worth it.

compared to buying a guy like Vietto - low release clause. very young and wont expect all that high wages - he is likely to make us money over the course of his first contract.

Benzema is one of the most expensive strikers out there - if we are going big it would be cheaper to get a striker who after his first contract would still hold some value.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Dont think he will age all that well - at best we will get 3 years out of him, maybe only 2 before he drops like RVP.

lets say 40 mil - 140k over a 4 year contract - thats 69 mil and his value will be 0 afterwards.

compared to buying a guy like Vietto - low release clause. very young and wont expect all that high wages - he is likely to make us money over the course of his first contract.

Benzema is one of the most expensive strikers out there - if we are going big it would be cheaper to get a striker who after his first contract would still hold some value.

We can afford it, who cares how much value he holds after he's won us a few titles. Are you Wenger in disguise?

Then you want to buy a kid, who's not even better than anything we have just to save money?? Are you crazy? Weren't you the one complaining about Kroenke taking money out of the club?

Iceman10

Established Member

A few of our key players are around 30 now. I see next season as a big one and we can't perpetually be in squad development mode with projects. Ideally we complete the squad with top level proven experience this summer for a credible challenge next season. Once we are winning PL/CL trophies we can look to youth < 24 years old. I've no problem buying projects now, but only on top of adding finishing touches to the squad with a couple of players already at world class level.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
I think this transfer hangs in the balance of Wenger's notorious poker game. It all comes down to, should Madrid buy Aguero, only then would Arsenal make the approach for Benzema because there's no way Madrid would weaken themselves before they face their transfer ban next season.

What has probably happened is that Wenger has already told Madrid which players he would like and to alert him if they look to buy in that position.

This way, Madrid can pursue whichever targets it is they like, with the assurances that they will get some money back on player sales. I believe this is how Özil worked, and Wenger seems to have a good relationship with the Madrid hierarchy as it is.

Livedk

Established Member
We can afford it, who cares how much value he holds after he's won us a few titles. Are you Wenger in disguise?

Then you want to buy a kid, who's not even better than anything we have just to save money?? Are you crazy? Weren't you the one complaining about Kroenke taking money out of the club?

there isnt room for walcott, Giroud and Benzema and of course the money does matter - we wont improve our DM/GK and get such an expensive striker

I know you hate some of our players for no apparent reason - but blowing our load on Benzema wont help us compete when its our defensive players who needs to get an upgrade.

the cost of players over the course of their contract and what kind of value they will hold is a major factor for anyone who isnt * or got rich owners.

Brendan Rodgers might not care, but Wenger surely will since blowing 70 mil on Benzema over 4 years will hinder us in the market for years.

But if we were to sell Giroud - it would be a very good buy.

Benzema-walcott-Welbeck is a very strong front three

and would cut the cost of Benzema down to 20 mil + 40k/week = 7 mil a year rather than close to 18. (provided we could get 20 mil for Giroud)

having a front four of Benzema-Giroud.Walcott-Welbeck wouldnt make any sense for us

Last edited:

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
there isnt room for walcott, Giroud and Benzema and of course the money does matter - we wont improve our DM/GK and get such an expensive striker

I know you hate some of our players for no apparent reason - but blowing our load on Benzema wont help us compete when its our defensive players who needs to get an upgrade.

the cost of players over the course of their contract and what kind of value they will hold is a major factor for anyone who isnt * or got rich owners.

Brendan Rodgers might not care, but Wenger surely will since blowing 70 mil on Benzema over 4 years will hinder us in the market for years.

Then sell one of them, ffs. Giroud and Walcott are average players, Benzema is world class. We need to improve, not ****ing babysit Giroud and Theo.

**** off, I don't hate our players.

Benzema would cost around 40M, we could easily buy a CM and GK with the rest of the budget.

Exactly, OVER 4 years... and he won't be worthless after that ffs.

GabeGooner

I don't think it's a case that people wouldn't sell Giroud to get Benzema. I think it's more of a case that no-one believes Wenger would let Giroud go – even though he's simply not right for the team.

Marmaduke

Hey there, Giroud and Walcott are not "average" players. Andy Carroll is average, Tom Cleverly is "average. Lets not go over the top here. I agree that Benzema is a good tier or 2 above them and is as close as you can be to WC....

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Real don't want Aguero or Sterling according to Guillem Balague. Probably kills any chance of Benzema leaving.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Balague now saying that only Ronaldo, Bale and Varane are definitely staying and they're looking to sign De Gea.

Potential moves for Isco and Benzema maybe?

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Balague now saying that only Ronaldo, Bale and Varane are definitely staying and they're looking to sign De Gea.

Potential moves for Isco and Benzema maybe?
If we got Benzema that would take us up a notch and be able to compete on all fronts. Interesting window ahead i feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom