• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
By far my favourite player. A winner that came from the bottom leagues. Worked his socks off. Made some horrible errors where it cost us dearly. But I wouldn't swap him for anyone right now. As the commentators said a week o so ago "He is the glue that holds the Arsenal defence together"

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Laurent-Koscielny-needs-daily-treatment.html

'I have some problems,' he said when asked about his achilles.

'Now it is better. I know it is a difficult injury because you need to work every day on this. Every morning I have my treatment for my achilles and I know I need to do this to the end of my career.

'Now, every day I do this and it is OK but sometimes with all the games we play every three days, it is difficult and I need to have a rest to recover well for my achilles.

'That's why last time I was injured but now it is OK with this. You need to be careful with this because if you stop doing your own exercise programme for one or two weeks, the problem will come back. I know now I need to do this every day to be fit for my team.

'I am prepared to miss Sunderland to be fit for the last two games of this season. Sometimes it is better to miss one game to be fit for the others.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...elny-needs-daily-treatment.html#ixzz4hEhdtnsf
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Feel for the lad.

mmac76

Should definitely miss the sunderland match, and maybe Koeman's lot too, they're not above putting a bad tackle in when things are going badly - which is quite often...

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Should definitely miss the sunderland match, and maybe Koeman's lot too, they're not above putting a bad tackle in when things are going badly - which is quite often...
Yip, rather a cup chance than an injured Kos on a day where we miss out on fourth.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
If rest now and then means he'll be fine, it's not a huge problem. He should be rested anyways, at least this will force us to do it. Boss has that thing when he overplays some of the guys, but even class players like Lolo need time off in such a league as this, physical rest but even more mental rest

Karlos14478

Should be why w
Kos says he needs daily treatment on his Achilles - could be why we're linked with cbs.

Should be why we are linked with cb's we won't buy one and he'll continue to miss key games next year blah blah blah same old story for the fans.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Malky

Established Member
Sadly it could mean reduced playing time for Koscielny next season and may also lead to it being his last season as a starter here. A problem like that, where its as bad as needing daily treatment, will only get worse as he gets older. :(

If he has a release clause then we should be all over Toby Alderweireld. Mainly because he's a great CB, but also purely for the banter. :lol:

IslingtonBornandbred

This daily treatment on his achilles business could be just a misinterpretation.

Now, it could be every morning he's in a lot of pain, needs strapping and proper treatment to even get outside and train but I have a feeling it's been highlighted/noted as an issue and it's a typical "pre-hab" type if thing.

Every player will have an individualised program to work on before they go out to train i.e if you have had a history of any hamstring injuries, you go through a couple of hamstring strengthening and stretching routines. Probably similar thing here i.e he needs show it extra attention to prevent an injury which can stop him playing but it's not an injury in itself.

That would be my interpretation anyway.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He said its hard to play 3 games in quick time with his problems, that's not good looking ahead when it comes from your best CB/starter.

cloista

I get the impression he's going to end up going the way Adams did, gradually phased out but still our best defender and used when truly needed. If we keep this 3 at the back system it should help his fitness aswell as he will have 2 others who will be able to be more proactive beside him.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Didn't want to click on this thread because I knew it was bound to be bad news.

Quite a few decent CBs around though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Latest posts

Top Bottom