• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life After Emery Begins

Would you be satisfied with hiring Mikel Arteta?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
For me it's simple. Emery gets this season to turn things around. If it does go tits up, Ljungberg steps in as a caretaker. We'll see how he does, and if he's not ready he'll join Allegri as his number two.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
If we are waiting for next season, then I would go for someone younger and more dynamic.

Tuchel
Jardim
Nagelsmann
Gallardo (based on some good comments out here)
Rodgers

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
If we are waiting for next season, then I would go for someone younger and more dynamic.

Tuchel
Jardim
Nagelsmann
Gallardo (based on some good comments out here)
Rodgers
Do you still rate Jardim? He isn't doing that great at Monaco.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Really want a new kid with his own brand of football. Cant beat pep with his football and cant beat klopp with his.

Nagelbro seems very interesting imo.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Please someone explain to me the obsession with Arteta? I genuinely cannot get my head around it, is there confirmed reports that he's the mastermind behind Peps City team and Pep is just the image?

Because he wasn't there for Peps Barca team or others?

He and Freddie are literally the last on that list I'd want as the manager unless someone can prove otherwise why they'd be a good fit.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Please someone explain to me the obsession with Arteta? I genuinely cannot get my head around it, is there confirmed reports that he's the mastermind behind Peps City team and Pep is just the image?

Because he wasn't there for Peps Barca team or others?

He and Freddie are literally the last on that list I'd want as the manager unless someone can prove otherwise why they'd be a good fit.

Where is the obsession with Arteta? He’s rated as a good coach, football mind etc. Wenger had him in the set up and now Pep has him.

You heard what Pep has been saying about him? Arteta is integral and pivotal for him, but it’s only a matter of time before he goes to his own team.

It’s a risk, but everything in football is a risk - look at Emery, hes an experienced top 10 world manager but our football is terrible and we’ve gone backwards under him.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Where is the obsession with Arteta? He’s rated as a good coach, football mind etc. Wenger had him in the set up and now Pep has him.

You heard what Pep has been saying about him? Arteta is integral and pivotal for him, but it’s only a matter of time before he goes to his own team.

It’s a risk, but everything in football is a risk - look at Emery, hes an experienced top 10 world manager but our football is terrible and we’ve gone backwards under him.

Wheres the obsession? He gets mentioned in every single anti Emery post, he's leading this pole, I see it everywhere that people want him as manager here, there is an obsession, in my opinion of Arteta being manager of Arsenal.

Have you seen what Peps said about Bielsa? Yet he never gets mentioned.

Why do people want him right now though? There are others out there who would take us further than Emery has, guaranteed. Let Arteta show what he can at another club first before we take his 'risk'.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

If we get CL, which I think we will, we'll be able to attract a top top bracket of managers, there will be no need to go for a Freddie or Arteta.

I believe we'll get top 4 and let Emery go.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
My Number one choice will be Ten Haag. What he's done with that Ajax team is nothing short of amazing

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Since this is not a serious thread I fail to understand why Harry Redknapp, Neil Warnock, Alan Pardew, Ian Holloway and Dario Gradi are not on the list.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Since this is not a serious thread I fail to understand why Harry Redknapp, Neil Warnock, Alan Pardew, Ian Holloway and Dario Gradi are not on the list.
add Tony Pulis, mark Hughes and Allardyce to the list

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Do you still rate Jardim? He isn't doing that great at Monaco.

Still think his work in the 2016-17 season was amazing, the build up from him joining AS Monaco to that season is the type of work I am interested in at Arsenal.

Havent been following them much since his return, to be fair.

BobP

Memri Fan
This criticism of Favre sounds similar to Emery. Any insights @BobP ?

There's a lot of truth to that.

It's the typical thing big teams face. Dortmund usually do fine in open games as there are plenty of opportunities for the dangerous transitions which their players and Favre thrive on. The obvious problem, however, is that few teams in the Bundesliga are willing to give Dortmund space, and for good reason as Favre's teams are highly efficient in terms of chance creation. Opponents generally sit deep, something which Favre isn't particularly used to contending with, and play long balls at the Dortmund CBs who aren't great at defending big open spaces. Another problem is that when Dortmund have long spells in possession they get sloppy with their counter-pressing structure which enables their opponents to play through them during their rare transition moments.

Favre's general defensive schema isn't particularly helpful here either. As much as I like it and think it's very innovative, I don't think it's particularly suited to a big team like Dortmund. Basically, Favre employs a passive 442 which is vertically and horizontally compact. The general idea behind it seems to be to limit the quality of the shots being taken by their opponents which isn't particularly revolutionary. What is interesting, however, is that they don't do this by attempting to prevent opponents from getting into dangerous areas, which is pretty standard, but rather by putting immense pressure on the shot taker once they actually get into the dangerous areas. Favre has employed this schema to great effect at his previous clubs but Dortmund are a different caliber. I personally think that it gives the opposition too much of a foothold in the game.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
There's a lot of truth to that.

It's the typical thing big teams face. Dortmund usually do fine in open games as there are plenty of opportunities for the dangerous transitions which their players and Favre thrive on. The obvious problem, however, is that few teams in the Bundesliga are willing to give Dortmund space, and for good reason as Favre's teams are highly efficient in terms of chance creation. Opponents generally sit deep, something which Favre isn't particularly used to contending with, and play long balls at the Dortmund CBs who aren't great at defending big open spaces. Another problem is that when Dortmund have long spells in possession they get sloppy with their counter-pressing structure which enables their opponents to play through them during their rare transition moments.

Favre's general defensive schema isn't particularly helpful here either. As much as I like it and think it's very innovative, I don't think it's particularly suited to a big team like Dortmund. Basically, Favre employs a passive 442 which is vertically and horizontally compact. The general idea behind it seems to be to limit the quality of the shots being taken by their opponents which isn't particularly revolutionary. What is interesting, however, is that they don't do this by attempting to prevent opponents from getting into dangerous areas, which is pretty standard, but rather by putting immense pressure on the shot taker once they actually get into the dangerous areas. Favre has employed this schema to great effect at his previous clubs but Dortmund are a different caliber. I personally think that it gives the opposition too much of a foothold in the game.
Great stuff

Kav

Established Member
You mean the always getting jobs but are never qualified crew oh.... you meant the we are British but not good enough crew.... oh you just meant the crap managers crew...ok.

Fortunately for us we have sensible directors who would avoid that lot and even the fans can see them for what they are...knock off managers.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Arteta is still my no 1 but I am slowly warming to Viera as well. He is doing a darn good job at Nice. Now that he has an owner with deep pockets and got some good offensive talents, I want to see what he can produce on that side of the ball.
Generally his teams are coherent and well organized. He also seems, not surprisingly, to have a natural leadership and authority and is well respected within and beyond the club. He is definitely a serious manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, June 1

Arsenal are pushing to sign Benjamin Šeško, but no final decision has been made yet [Sky Germany]

RB Leipzig want to give Šeško a new contract to remove his release clause, with Arsenal/Chelsea/Manchester United all interested [Sky Germany]

AC Milan have made signing defender Jakub Kiwior their priority this summer [Santi Aouna - FootMercato]

Arsenal enquire about £17m-rated Barcelona defender Mikayil Faye [MailSport]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom