• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: El Capitanø

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Is he more incisive on the left side of the pitch? Thats now two passes he's made that you don't see him play from the RCM role.

Interesting point you raise here.

He does tend to be much more decisive from LCM. The benefit of playing RCM allows him to cut in and shoot, but he doesn't shoot an awful lot anyway.

His assist vs. Chelski came from LCM more or less. Would love to see more from him.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Interesting point you raise here.

He does tend to be much more decisive from LCM. The benefit of playing RCM allows him to cut in and shoot, but he doesn't shoot an awful lot anyway.

His assist vs. Chelski came from LCM more or less. Would love to see more from him.
He is drifting more of late anyway, but look at the passes he makes from that side.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He has an excellent understanding with Saka though, so he will always want to predominately be closer to side (even if he does occasionally drift to the left)

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We have 4 top players. Very hard to choose between them imho. Saliba, Ode, Saka, Rice.

These 4 should walk into any team on the planet at the moment. The rest of the team are the support act, although Gabriel this season and Martinelli on form, run them close.

samspade

"You said I said" detection expert at your service
I get fried for this opinion IRL. But stylistically, I've always said Ødegaard has the closest playing style to Lionel Messi.

The touch, the balance, the dribbling. It's all reminiscent of the goated Argentine.
There are one or two similarities with the later versions of Messi. Obviously no comparison in ability but he drops to pick the ball up from defence to help Arsenal build up using his press resistant qualities as well as take time in the pocket to pick killer passes and also finish moves with cut backs by hanging in the centre of the box. So I think he does take up some similar positions and do some similar things.

Not too many 8s around with that skill set currently tbh.

He’s an extraordinary player

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
There are one or two similarities with the later versions of Messi. Obviously no comparison in ability but he drops to pick the ball up from defence to help Arsenal build up using his press resistant qualities as well as take time in the pocket to pick killer passes and also finish moves with cut backs by hanging in the centre of the box. So I think he does take up some similar positions and do some similar things.

Not too many 8s around with that skill set currently tbh.

He’s an extraordinary player

^ This guy gets it

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom