• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Great, a mod is going around deleting my comments without something as a notification. For all the bullshit that has been posted in this thread, you have to pick out my poetic posts? @GDeep™ makes a comment about the state of this thread and suddenly you guys are shaking in your boots? Guess we know now who the boss is on this forum.

Özil is back for Swansea, I think he'll make a difference.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Great to have Özil back today. I know he has some off moments but we have looked lost without him. Hopefully his enforced Winter break will give him a boost through to May and we get to see the real Özil.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Thanks for the reply mate. I'm sporadic so can take a while to reply. Couple of quick points.

Everybody looks at something with some element of bias and prejudice, some conscious some unconscious.

Stats are objective. They don't have "some objectivity. The subjectivity creeps in when interpreting stats.

You are entitled to ignore stats and draw your own conclusion. But it is just an opinion, and we all know what they say about opinions...

You should also appreciate that when your opinions contradict the statistics and observed facts, many people aren't going to take your opinions seriously.

Case in point. Anthony Martials physique. I think you are asserting his narrow shoulders mean he can't play with has back to goal, necessary for a dominant team and therefore he cannot play as striker.
But What is his shoulder width? Why is his should to waist ratio? What is the EPL striker average? And how does it compare to Aguero, Alexis Sanchez who are both successful playing as a striker despite being diminutive. Thus it appears to be a false premise as the facts don't support it. (I've just seen some of the other posts, seems people are picking similar holes in your observation, that probably just supports my point)

FWIW, I'm not advocating that we don't form our own opinions, but be prepared to defend your points with facts, it's the basis of how science the law and indeed so much of society works. There are many Özil fan boys out there who cannot be trusted to show any level of objectivity, but similarly some of the criticism on here has been beyond the pale.

My opinion: he has been solid without being spectacular. He has been good, but his productivity has suffered to some extent whilst looking to score more goals. His movement around goal has been excellent but finishing at times not great, unsurprisingly given his preference for laying off a final ball for most of his career. He is our second best player but Sanchez, Kolscielny and Giroud have all been more important than him this season so far (in the league at least).

Also finally, putting the world "statistically" at the start of a sentence doesn't turn the following sentence into a statistic. In fact, I can't see a single statistic in that final paragraph which makes me think you might want to head to the doctor and ask them to improve your cognitive function!
Good points well made and makes sense so fair play but I disagree with a lot of it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
His ball retention skills are badly needed in away games against fodder. It allows us to dominate them, even if that wasn't the case for a lot of the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've never been a goalscorer. I've only owned goals. Good own goals.

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom