• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers: Summer 2024

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
Okay so just like my hunch, it's not 100 million pounds, but closer to 120 million. That's 132 million euros currently.

You can get both Toney (60 million euros?) and Williams (60 million euros?) for quite similar overall spend as Osimhen.

No one really knows how much the RC is at, Mokbel has reported its about 100m pounds.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

No one really knows how much the RC is at, Mokbel has reported its about 100m pounds.
Well that article claims it's 113 million. Even if it's 100 million pounds, the point still stands that you can get a durable EPL proven target man, plus a very talented rapid two-footed winger for the same transfer fee.

Osimhen also seems to have quite big wages already, so that's another factor.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
Well that article claims it's 113 million. Even if it's 100 million pounds, the point still stands that you can get a durable EPL proven target man, plus a very talented rapid two-footed winger for the same transfer fee.

Osimhen also seems to have quite big wages already, so that's another factor.

Sesko for £42m seems like a good deal tbh, go big on a winger imo.

drippin

Sesko for £42m seems like a good deal tbh, go big on a winger imo.
I'm fine with him also. But I don't think there is a need to buy some expensive winger, when there is a bargain one available who can play on either wing. Arsenal often targets these bargain deals who have a short contract or a release clause, just like is wise. Neto is a top player, but costs double the money and is too injury-prone, so very risky.

I don't think there is a need to "bench" Martinelli, even if his end-product isn't good thus far this season. There needs to be an addition who can compete with him. Trossard doesn't have enough pace to really challenge Martinelli on the wing for what Arteta wants.

A bit like Mudryk, I see it better to be someone who can be eased into the team, and the in-form winger will start at any given moment & they rotate anyway so everyone is fresh.

There are more areas to improve than the attack, so any funds saved will be of benefit to complete the squad more and more.

bergholt

Doesn’t buying a cut price striker just lead to another season of complaints about underperforming our XG?

drippin

@OnlyOne He might be stuck there
Sounds awfully lot like Brentford are demanding a ridiculous fee for him for all things considered, and every club is starting to take distance, and show they have better options if the price is too high.

I really doubt Brentford can afford to lose him for free, so Toney's transfer might take it's time (to any club) like Raya's, but it will happen.

I can't see him in any case renewing at this point in his career.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom