• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers: Summer 2024

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Sane is washed and on obscene amount of wages. Rodrygo is enticing as his best position is LW and i choose him out all of the winger options in your list. Kvara is better centrally long term and Kulusevski best position is in that interior half space rather than Arteta's usage of wingers being touchline most times.

Out of curiosity what are your thoughts on Leao?

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Out of curiosity what are your thoughts on Leao?

Regressed since his scudetto winning season but I blame partly for that on Pioli who needs to get the boot, horrific gaffer. Not enough G/A from Leao since then and blows too hot and cold. I watch Serie A a lot and have been since the mid 90's.

Leao is no more than £80 million, anymore and you stay away.

Gn1212

Regressed since his scudetto winning season but I blame partly for that on Pioli who needs to get the boot, horrific gaffer. Not enough G/A from Leao since then and blows too hot and cold. I watch Serie A a lot and have been since the mid 90's.

Leao is no more than £80 million, anymore and you stay away.
Very well said. On his day he's near unplayable. Unfortunately, rarely do you see those days.

Dude has all the talent but not mentality of a top, top player.

Gn1212

Sounds awfully lot like Brentford are demanding a ridiculous fee for him for all things considered, and every club is starting to take distance, and show they have better options if the price is too high.

I really doubt Brentford can afford to lose him for free, so Toney's transfer might take it's time (to any club) like Raya's, but it will happen.

I can't see him in any case renewing at this point in his career.
I think it sounds like clubs just want to look other age profiles instead.

I think there's a decent chance he ends up like Madders in the summer with Sp**s and Newcastle fighting over him.

TheEliteMaster100_

Not saying I want to sign him but Sane is having the best season of his career to date. Struggling a bit this year but before January he was Bayern's best player ahead of Kane.

I just don't see him doing a shift as a winger in our team, he was doing alright under Nagelsmann in that inside channel rather than touchline like for Pep (since his injuries and recent hunger for shooting the ball at times at the cost of simply laying the ball to a team-mate), I'm turned off by him.

Also his record in European football since leaving City has not been the greatest, in particular knockout ties (joined their treble winning team that summer of 2020 as well). Goes missing far too often, think of that Etihad tie last season in the first half, Bayern should been well ahead.

All in all I see him to be overrated in particular as a winger, he should just stick to more playmaking than shooting the ball 24/7 for no reason. At-least at Bayern he had Davies overlapping/underlapping, imagine at Arsenal when he has no LB overlapping/underlapping for him? or the death of LCM in our team not to help him :lol:, certain true wingers would have thrived regardless of Nelli in that situation.

Also Sane has never played well in the 2nd half of the season from what I can remember.

Also no more city rejects.

TheEliteMaster100_

Very well said. On his day he's near unplayable. Unfortunately, rarely do you see those days.

Dude has all the talent but not mentality of a top, top player.

This is coming from a scudetto winning player of the season, trying to justify his lack of form and inconsistency, we criticise Ødegaard and Saka from ghosting big games at times but Leao does not get the same level of scrutiny... he can continue to stink up the pitch both club and country.

Not a killer and we need level raisers who are consistent

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I just don't see him doing a shift as a winger in our team, he was doing alright under Nagelsmann in that inside channel rather than touchline like for Pep (since his injuries and recent hunger for shooting the ball at times at the cost of simply laying the ball to a team-mate), I'm turned off by him.

Also his record in European football since leaving City has not been the greatest, in particular knockout ties (joined their treble winning team that summer of 2020 as well). Goes missing far too often, think of that Etihad tie last season in the first half, Bayern should been well ahead.

All in all I see him to be overrated in particular as a winger, he should just stick to more playmaking than shooting the ball 24/7 for no reason. At-least at Bayern he had Davies overlapping/underlapping, imagine at Arsenal when he has no LB overlapping/underlapping for him? or the death of LCM in our team not to help him :lol:, certain true wingers would have thrived regardless of Nelli in that situation.

Also Sane has never played well in the 2nd half of the season from what I can remember.

Also no more city rejects.
Pretty sure he has more assists than goals this season. Also defensively he's improved loads, his work rate earlier this season before the niggling injuries returned was good enough for any top team.

Again, wouldn't want to sign him on the fact alone that he's a bit unreliable fitness wise and still blows hot and cold, still on his day he's one of the best wingers in Europe.

DuBB

This is coming from a scudetto winning player of the season, trying to justify his lack of form and inconsistency, we criticise Ødegaard and Saka from ghosting big games at times but Leao does not get the same level of scrutiny... he can continue to stink up the pitch both club and country.

Not a killer and we need level raisers who are consistent

He’s not even a “complete player” like he says. The player described in his quote is Gabriel Jesus.

Assists, some goals, good (great) play and pressing, defending etc. That’s complete.

Rafael Leao doesn’t always play well, and even when he does he only plays well in one direction - forward.

And when play isn’t going forward, he’s often not really playing. He’s kind of like Rashford in that sense where the opponent will be attacking them and you’ll see their play developing on his side of the pitch and he’s not doing a damn thing about it.

I’d rather have a player who presses poorly, or even jogs about, but he walks when Milan don’t have the ball.

And the knock on effect of that is that sometimes when they win the ball back, he’s not even ready or in his position to take advantage of the counter.

Infuriating player who is technically and physically gifted.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I think it sounds like clubs just want to look other age profiles instead.

I think there's a decent chance he ends up like Madders in the summer with Sp**s and Newcastle fighting over him.
I'm thinking with Osimhen's wages being likely too high for Arsenal, if they will go for Gyokeres. The guy seems clinical & complete, and has a certain vibe for glory.

He would be younger than Toney, but with more experience (and known durability) than Sesko and Zirkzee. Those Championship seasons were quite good when you consider it's Coventry he played for. He is adjusted to England already which lessens the risks.

Gyokeres would have much lower wages than Osimhen. So even if Osimhen costs only ~30 million more, the difference is wider with wages considered. Let's say Osimhen's wages would be 350k pounds per week, and Gyokeres 200k pounds per week. That would be ~40 million pounds more in 5 years.

So Gyokeres over his contract would be ~70 million pounds cheaper. 70 million pounds would almost be the transfer fee for Luiz (or Neto or whatever)! This is why I'm not so excited to buy Osimhen, who has had some injury problems in a worse league.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Leao is very good player but if you watch him like i usually do on the ball he elite without the ball specially defensively he rarely help the team that the major disappointing thing in his game

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom