• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud: Au Revoir Cher Ami

Status
Not open for further replies.

55ad32d51191b_giroud453944.jpg

zrqpKs.gif

scytheavatar

Established Member
I see him asking for a transfer if he doesn't play enough.

He won't be the only one, we are going to need a cleanout the next 2 transfer windows, get rid of the B/C tier players we have in our squad and replace them with new blood that has the potential to be world beaters.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I was driving a slow crap car. It went to the shop and I got a fancy fast car. The crap car came back from the shop, all fixed, but still crap. Now what do I do? Drive the crap car again?? Nah.

THIS lol

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Huge asset for us now if we can keep him happy & motivated. In him & Lucas we have two double figure strikers on the bench! How times change.

asukru

Established Member

I have always said we are better with a quick paced CF then a target man. I think if he is to leave we should sell him abroad because can you imagine him on Palace or Stoke? He would do well because the team would be setup to cross the ball in all day.

DasBootist

Luckily Palace & Stoke aren't Arsenal's close rivals.

Watching Alexis these past couple of matches; I don't see Wenger considering Giroud as a viable option anymore, because it magnifies more than ever just how much of a hindrance Giroud has been for the side, from an attacking perspective.

asukru

Established Member

The thing is, we need to have the option. Giroud on form is a quality striker.

I agree he can be really good. I believe Arsène can find a way to keep him happy here but who knows....we still have Sanogo as well...oh God haha.

blaze_of_glory

I was driving a slow crap car. It went to the shop and I got a fancy fast car. The crap car came back from the shop, all fixed, but still crap. Now what do I do? Drive the crap car again?? Nah.
I think it's more like you had a slow but steady pickup truck that has been useful but can't always do the job you want when it comes to drag racing teenagers at red lights. So you go get a new sports car that makes your life better in most ways, cause you love drag racing teenagers, just love that ****, but you still might want the pickup truck for when you have to move your buddy's couch.

It's like that.

blaze_of_glory

Blaze, can't see Giroud starting anytime soon. Arsène may have found his system & line up. Giroud may come as a plan B as a sub, let's say we want to play with two CF's and to chase a goal. He does not fit the type of game based on pace, movement and power we are pushing now.
(By the way, I am a big Giroud fan but acknowledge he is not a fit nowadays). ;)
Yeah we are clearly better when we can play with pace, we saw that even last year before Theo fell apart form wise and Giroud had to step up. But he is still useful as a different approach that may be needed at times.

Whether he is willing to just play that role is another question though.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Blaze, can't see Giroud starting anytime soon. Arsène may have found his system & line up. Giroud may come as a plan B as a sub, let's say we want to play with two CF's and to chase a goal. He does not fit the type of game based on pace, movement and power we are pushing now.
(By the way, I am a big Giroud fan but acknowledge he is not a fit nowadays). ;)

We will probably need him in Winter or when Alexis needs a break , also we are 3 comps so plenty of games to be had .

Aevi

Hale End FC
I think it's more like you had a slow but steady pickup truck that has been useful but can't always do the job you want when it comes to drag racing teenagers at red lights. So you go get a new sports car that makes your life better in most ways, cause you love drag racing teenagers, just love that ****, but you still might want the pickup truck for when you have to move your buddy's couch.

It's like that.
I can tell you from experience that there are some nice, simple pleasures to driving a sports car. The driving is smooth, the response to actions is very refined, the acceleration is just... :drool:

It's definitely a luxury, don't get me wrong, but if it's within realistic means to buy one, it's worth a go.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah we are clearly better when we can play with pace, we saw that even last year before Theo fell apart form wise and Giroud had to step up. But he is still useful as a different approach that may be needed at times.

Whether he is willing to just play that role is another question though.

Forget it Blaze, there is no need to reason or any discussion at all. It's only September, Arsenal almost always do well this period. Our breakdown period is February-March
Let's just be leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom