• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud: Au Revoir Cher Ami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
People are quick to forget he changed the game to get us a point against PSG, he'll have his uses.

But hard not to dread his return to the team with how the teams performing. Hopefully Perez and Welbeck can prevent that.

cannonade

Established Member
Think Wenger will start Giroud at striker over a healthy combo of Alexis and Iwobi with the way we're playing? Can't see it for most games. Sometimes, maybe, but this setup is just getting started.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Think Wenger will start Giroud at striker over a healthy combo of Alexis and Iwobi with the way we're playing? Can't see it for most games. Sometimes, maybe, but this setup is just getting started.

Yes. We have seen AW make perplexing decisions like this many, many, many times.

Maybe this time things will change.

blaze_of_glory

He'll get starts against teams where we know they will sit back, and to rest Alexis. Also think he will show once again how useful he can be off the bench, like at the start of last season.

No way is he getting that number one spot back at this point though. Will be between him and Lucas to see who is second choice.

scytheavatar

Established Member
He'll get starts against teams where we know they will sit back

That's what I absolutely do not want to see, against teams that will sit back I want us to be passing through them for fun like we have been for the Chelsea and Basel games. I do not want us to resort to being a Moyes team. If Sanchez is not available I would rather see Perez starting than Giroud.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

That's what I absolutely do not want to see, against teams that will sit back I want us to be passing through them for fun like we have been for the Chelsea and Basel games. I do not want us to resort to being a Moyes team. If Sanchez is not available I would rather see Perez starting than Giroud.
Jep. Chelsea sat back. Basel sat back. Alexis cut through them like a knife through butter. Giroud should stick to defending corners and long balls if we are defending a close lead.

blaze_of_glory

Jep. Chelsea sat back. Basel sat back. Alexis cut through them like a knife through butter. Giroud should stick to defending corners and long balls if we are defending a close lead.
True enough actually, Alexis seems to have the guile needed to deal with teams parking the bus. If this keeps up the Giroud may just be a sub or used when others need a break. There a lots of games to play.

razörist

True enough actually, Alexis seems to have the guile needed to deal with teams parking the bus. If this keeps up the Giroud may just be a sub or used when others need a break. There a lots of games to play.
That's because Alexis is a hungry attacker, always chasing, always looking for space. Alexis is a hunter you know. Hold on a minute.. Alexis is a hunter...Alexis is hunter...Alex is hunter... Alex Hunter! O M G. EA sports knew! :eek:

carlito'sway

Established Member

Blaze, can't see Giroud starting anytime soon. Arsène may have found his system & line up. Giroud may come as a plan B as a sub, let's say we want to play with two CF's and to chase a goal. He does not fit the type of game based on pace, movement and power we are pushing now.
(By the way, I am a big Giroud fan but acknowledge he is not a fit nowadays). ;)

razörist

No he can stay here and take care of his toe! :lol:
What do you think Giroud thinks when he watches us play like we did the last games? Maybe he fancies himself to be a good fit? If I was him, and I saw Alexis play like that I'd be like: **** me...

STime

Blaze, can't see Giroud starting anytime soon. Arsène may have found his system & line up. Giroud may come as a plan B as a sub, let's say we want to play with two CF's and to chase a goal. He does not fit the type of game based on pace, movement and power we are pushing now.
(By the way, I am a big Giroud fan but acknowledge he is not a fit nowadays). ;)
He never was a fit tbh

carlito'sway

Established Member
What do you think Giroud thinks when he watches us play like we did the last games? Maybe he fancies himself to be a good fit? If I was him, and I saw Alexis play like that I'd be like: **** me...

He has to see he is in trouble.
Giroud lack of pace is definitely a huge issue. He will have to be a super sub and a situational player to contribute. I would not be surprised to see Lucas starting at CF before him.

razörist

He has to see he is in trouble.
Giroud lack of pace is definitely a huge issue. He will have to be a super sub and a situational player to contribute. I would not be surprised to see Lucas starting at CF before him.
Mmmm. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom