• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud: Au Revoir Cher Ami

Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Wonder how it sounds when he's running his mouth to the ref. Does he do it in French or English? His accent would make it hilarious in English and don't get me started on French..

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think today's performance by Alexis might have consigned Goalivier to the scrap heap...............
Does it have to be like that?
It's up to Olivier to perform when call upon, with Perez and Alexis threatening to take the main position. He has his work cut out for him.

The forward area squad balance is much better than God knows how many seasons now....

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
It's up to Olivier to perform when call upon, with Perez and Alexis threatening to take the main position. He has his work cut out for him.

The forward area squad balance is much better than God knows how many seasons now....
Our two best performances in a long time have seen a speedy triumverate up top both scintillating 3-0 wins against UTD. & today against Chelsea. I just think that we look so much more fluid & dangerous with a mobile, fast attacking threesome. I'm sure Ollie G will get game time and there will be games to suit his style. However, I really think Wenger wants to move away from having Ollie G as our main attacking spearhead.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Giroud has been given 4 seasons with us to show that he can perform, if he can't perform consistently well in his long time with us there's no reason to think he can do more this season than to show moments of brilliances followed by long periods where he is a useless piece of crap. I do know that this strikeless system that we are using this season is working well and we should persist in it, and Perez probably will be a better drop in replacement for Sanchez in the system if Sanchez gets injured. So Giroud fits in at best as an option on the bench, but I would prefer him to remain an option we rarely need to call upon.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Really think it is the end of the road for him. I hope he can get a few goals and get a transfer to PSG

RUS arsenal

Established Member
That beard alone deserves the starting spot! Ramsey can only gnash his teeth in jealousy!

gun__1471965928_olivier-giroud.jpg

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Giroud has been given 4 seasons with us to show that he can perform, if he can't perform consistently well in his long time with us there's no reason to think he can do more this season than to show moments of brilliances followed by long periods where he is a useless piece of crap. I do know that this strikeless system that we are using this season is working well and we should persist in it, and Perez probably will be a better drop in replacement for Sanchez in the system if Sanchez gets injured. So Giroud fits in at best as an option on the bench, but I would prefer him to remain an option we rarely need to call upon.

Last week, we were struggling versus Hull using the same line-up. I don't forget just how many of you say Alexis doesn't fit to play up top and should stay on the wings...
Our two best performances in a long time have seen a speedy triumverate up top both scintillating 3-0 wins against UTD. & today against Chelsea. I just think that we look so much more fluid & dangerous with a mobile, fast attacking threesome. I'm sure Ollie G will get game time and there will be games to suit his style. However, I really think Wenger wants to move away from having Ollie G as our main attacking spearhead.
Wenger has always wanted to play someone else up top, from the top of my head, Podolski, Gervinho, Theo, Alexis, Sanogo, has all try to cement the striker position.

All I am try to say is, why not wait a little while ?

N

NotAUserName

We beat Liverpool 4 - 1 in 2015 with Giroud.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We were? Sanchez at CF didn't look great but we absolutely pummelled Hull.
Yeah result wise, the bold part is my point.

statistically the graph has begun it's rise, let's wait a little bit more...from low point in Liverpool, PSG and rising from Hull and Chelsea

anyway, I am happy with our striker situation at the moment

Last edited:

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
You've changed :(
Not really, just getting a sense that Arsène's changed. If the Alexis up front experiment didn't work then OG would most definitely have been reintroduced to the team but you get the impression that having a fast, mobile, interchangeable front 3 is the way forward for Arsène.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Not really, just getting a sense that Arsène's changed. If the Alexis up front experiment didn't work then OG would most definitely have been reintroduced to the team but you get the impression that having a fast, mobile, interchangeable front 3 is the way forward for Arsène.

Nah only kidding mate , Wengers biggest problem is to keep 2 and 3rd choice confident and sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom