• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud: Au Revoir Cher Ami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
Wouldn't disagree that Giroud could have made the difference yesterday: plan A certainly wasn't working and he's the definition of plan B.

Don't think that people should be getting carried away with it though. We've been held at the Emirates plenty of times with him in the lineup and this Giroud-less period is the best our attack has looked since the fabregas days. You can't win every game.

Having a Giroud/Welbeck on the bench would be useful for games where technical ability isn't going to unlock the opposition and we need a more physical option in there, but that's about as far as I'd go.

Yep Welbeck too, can be the difference in another way.

Thing is Welbeck can be inconsistent whereas Giroud is streaky at times, bit of a conundrum.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
Wouldn't disagree that Giroud could have made the difference yesterday: plan A certainly wasn't working and he's the definition of plan B.

Don't think that people should be getting carried away with it though. We've been held at the Emirates plenty of times with him in the lineup and this Giroud-less period is the best our attack has looked since the fabregas days. You can't win every game.

Having a Giroud/Welbeck on the bench would be useful for games where technical ability isn't going to unlock the opposition and we need a more physical option in there, but that's about as far as I'd go.

That's exactly how I feel about it, I don't think we drew yesterday because Giroud wasn't in the team though he's a really good option to have on the bench.

I just don't think we were quite at the races and and had the necessary sharpness you need to beat a team with ten men behind the ball. We've seen that kind of performance hundreds of times and if you don't get an early goal then the longer the game goes on the harder and more frustrating it becomes.

Giroud would be a great foil if we played like the United of old, in a 4-4-2 with a wide man like Beckham whipping crosses in with pin point accuracy. That's not our game and never will be under Wenger. I think we look really **** when Giroud plays because of his limitations and his strengths don't match the nature of the way we want to play, watch how slow we become when he's present. For the most part I've hated watching us with him leading our line, however he is still a very handy player to have and definitely isn't without his benefits.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Finally back to play a proper football. Without Giroud in the line up. Long may it continue.
Come on, I know you dont rate him at all, but it's clear he'd have been a great option to have yesterday. Our football was impotent, and has a habit of appearing that way against teams that primarily do not want to lose. Our football hasn't been that great tbh. We've scored goals, but the football, if we compare it to even 2009, isn't that great at all imo.

Come on, I know you dont rate him at all, but it's clear he'd have been a great option to have yesterday. Our football was impotent, and has a habit of appearing that way against teams that primarily do not want to lose. Our football hasn't been that great tbh. We've scored goals, but the football, if we compare it to even 2009, isn't that great at all imo.

It is getting a bit tiring, people acting like if Cazorla or Giroud would have been on the field yesterday would have give us 3 points. Everyone forgetting that teams have easily shut us down with those two on the field.

Giroud has come off the bench in few games this season and did nothing at all.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He gets it in the neck from Arsenal fans, and he gets it in the neck from his national fans. That can really eat away at your confidence and test your mental resolve. He's limited, but I respect him.

I'd love nothing more than for him to come back and become the ultimate super sub.
He's a battler and a plan B attack. Could have done with him to freshen up our attack against Boro' for the last 15 mins.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It is getting a bit tiring, people acting like if Cazorla or Giroud would have been on the field yesterday would have give us 3 points. Everyone forgetting that teams have easily shut us down with those two on the field.

Forget it's even Giroud--we lacked a focal point against a team that sat deep. His height and strength would have caused them huge problems. Any target man with his height and strength in that scenario would have had a field day against that tiring defence.

I dont get the "we've had the same results with X and Y on the field before, so it wouldn't have made a difference" argument either. That's weak as piss. That's like not starting a game with Özil, for example, failing to create chances, and then saying, "Well we've failed to create chances with Özil on the field before, so he wouldn't have made a difference" :lol: Yeah, I can really see you saying that...

Giroud has come on as a sub and scored how many times?

Forget it's even Giroud--we lacked a focal point against a team that sat deep. His height and strength would have caused them huge problems. Any target man with his height and strength in that scenario would have had a field day against that tiring defence.

I dont get the "we've had the same results with X and Y on the field before, so it wouldn't have made a difference" argument either. That's weak as piss. That's like not starting a game with Özil, for example, failing to create chances, and then saying, "Well we've failed to create chances with Özil on the field before, so he wouldn't have made a difference" :lol: Yeah, I can really see you saying that...

Giroud has come on as a sub and scored how many times?

Giroud has come on 3 times this season and scored 0 goals. It actually became a myth last season that he is some kind of super sub because he came on and did well in like 3 or 4 games last season.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Winning a penalty against Southampton and securing a draw against PSG is nothing?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Giroud has come on 3 times this season and scored 0 goals. It actually became a myth last season that he is some kind of super sub because he came on and did well in like 3 or 4 games last season.
Your memory seems awfully selective tonight. Your arguments are vague and quite rubbish :lol:

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Ah yeah, the classic Giroud made them tired so the rest of Arsenal could finish the team off argument!

Well done.
He may not have been the reason for the goal but he played a part in it. He helped the build up and made himself a huge nuisance in front of goal so that the CBs couldn't come out and block the two shots by Iwobi and Sanchez.

He also got Verratti, one of their best players, sent off along with himself. Good trade I thought ;):p

He certainly wasn't stellar or anything but wasn't horrible either. Can't say he did nothing at least...

say yes

forum master baiter
Only one player's thread should be getting bumped if we needed a late goal against a newly promoted side:

arsenal-winning-welbeck-leicester-feature_3415764.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom