• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud: Au Revoir Cher Ami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Interested to see what Giroud comes back & how he reacts to Alexis claiming the position. We have seen a couple of versions under various pressures so far.

-The very humble all business true profession that lasted a good few months after the alleged indiscretions
olivier-giroud-arsenal-goal-celebration_3385067.jpg

-The moany wimp that has the world against him, misses chances & spends most of the time on the ground
giroud-1409126613.jpg

- The aggressive Giroud who relishes set pieces, bullying defenders & yelling at refs
Olivier-Giroud-vs-Newcastle.jpg

-The angry heads gone Giroud who is just straight up looking for a fight
307264-oliver-giroud-mobbed700.jpg

-The happy arrogant fun loving Giroud... Plays with a smile on his face, looking like a model, bringing out the flicks & elaborate celebrations
mHq5wIw.gif

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Only one player's thread should be getting bumped if we needed a late goal against a newly promoted side:

arsenal-winning-welbeck-leicester-feature_3415764.jpg
well, when will he be back? wait, found this quote on arsenal.com
on Welbeck..
He could be back in January. After that let’s not forget he was already out for a year, so we might have to be patient. To get him back to a really competitive level… it will certainly take two months of competition to get back to his best.
Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-ar...-santi-ramsey-and-welbeck#IvDmg4ur4y4bTiWZ.99

Late March, guess we have to forget this season

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Interested to see what Giroud comes back & how he reacts to Alexis claiming the position. We have seen a couple of versions under various pressures so far.

-The very humble all business true profession that lasted a good few months after the alleged indiscretions
olivier-giroud-arsenal-goal-celebration_3385067.jpg

-The moany wimp that has the world against him, misses chances & spends most of the time on the ground
giroud-1409126613.jpg

- The aggressive Giroud who relishes set pieces, bullying defenders & yelling at refs
Olivier-Giroud-vs-Newcastle.jpg

-The angry heads gone Giroud who is just straight up looking for a fight
307264-oliver-giroud-mobbed700.jpg

-The happy arrogant fun loving Giroud... Plays with a smile on his face, looking like a model, bringing out the flicks & elaborate celebrations
mHq5wIw.gif
We should have a poll! Who is your favorite or most hated Giroud? :lol:

Gotta say, for me it is a toss up between arrogant fun loving and angry heads gone Giroud...

Sykes

Wouldn't disagree that Giroud could have made the difference yesterday: plan A certainly wasn't working and he's the definition of plan B.

Don't think that people should be getting carried away with it though. We've been held at the Emirates plenty of times with him in the lineup and this Giroud-less period is the best our attack has looked since the fabregas days. You can't win every game.

Having a Giroud/Welbeck on the bench would be useful for games where technical ability isn't going to unlock the opposition and we need a more physical option in there, but that's about as far as I'd go.
Exactly. Boro played like Chelsea did against us at the emirates 2 seasons ago (heard Mou and Faria helped Karanka prepare for the game) and Giroud played and didn't do anything. If anything, they'd play a high line because they know Giroud will not beat their CB for pace.
He's a good plan B. Let's just leave it at that. No one said anything about him when we ripped chelsea 3-0 not too long ago.

Sir Bump

Unhealthy obsession with Aaron Ramsey
A great plan B.
What he always should of been.

I still want to see Lucas start up front in off rated games to continue this newish style.

Aevi

Hale End FC
To me, this is how our striker situation works atm (or should work).

Alexis is first choice.
Lucas is second choice.
Giroud is Plan B.

So basically, Alexis is the go-to player. If he needs to be rested or picks up an injury, Lucas steps in. If the opposition plays ultra-defensively or is very physical, Giroud is used as the better option, and Alexis becomes the alternative. All of them have their own uses, and are integral to our title charge.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I think it was quite clear, even in the limited time he was seen, what he could offer as an alternative to what we have. We might think he's turd, but like it or not, there are defences out there that just can't handle him. He'll score some priceless goals for us this season.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
I also quite liked that pass he made to Ox who was in space just outside the box then Iwobi missed an empty net on the rebound...

Last edited:

Axel_Gunner

i wonder if Giroud will accept this role. if he doesnt get some more games now after his injury he might leave us next summer.
i yelled at him/my tv because of him very often over the last years :lol: but he easily can be a starter for other teams (maybe no title contender, but i would understand if he wants more gametime).

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
wheater you like it or not, his stature on the field is inmense, he can change a game.
he looks so cocky, he owns the room.

love that my boy is back =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom