• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud: Au Revoir Cher Ami

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NotAUserName

The impact sub thing also worked well at the beginning of last season when Theo was starting striker. I hope Wenger doesn't try to change it.

GOONER1991

Established Member
Great performance when he came on today. These type of performances are what frustrate me about Giroud. When he comes on as a sub, when we need a goal, the guy is unstoppable. When he starts though, he doesn't seem to have the same assertiveness and hunger.

If Arsène can manage Giroud and the ST situation, we have Alexis and Giroud upfront, both hungry, both different and great options. Then you have the likes of Lucas and Welbeck who will be chomping at the bit. Great depth.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Time for him to step up. Come on Olivier, you've barely been involved for 2.5 months now, injuries or otherwise. Nobody missed you, Alexis took his position. This is when he's at his best. Mentality that matches his look this guy.
Jep. I know where to put my faith. Thank you Olly!

Giroud

Established Member
Good to see him back. I hope we keep him as an impact sub for now because I like the flow of our attack, until Sanchez up front falters/Giroud plays too well to keep him out I'm happy to keep things as they are.

Could have done with him against Boro...

Giroud always seems very effective of the bench. Think his contrasting physical style really puts pressure on tiring defences when he's introduced.

Axel_Gunner

nice hype

mDita9trElOqRW99B6H8PNhALeEOiUWFWR-lM_KsRdA.jpg

(found on reddit)

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Great performance when he came on today. These type of performances are what frustrate me about Giroud. When he comes on as a sub, when we need a goal, the guy is unstoppable. When he starts though, he doesn't seem to have the same assertiveness and hunger.

If Arsène can manage Giroud and the ST situation, we have Alexis and Giroud upfront, both hungry, both different and great options. Then you have the likes of Lucas and Welbeck who will be chomping at the bit. Great depth.

Ive always said that Giroud, when he knows he needs to regain the lone forwards spot, is a fabulous striker. Its when he gets there and has the place for 5/6 matches that the goals tend to dry up a little, maybe he gets complacent and thinks that jobs done? I don't know, but if we're starting Alexis up there this season, Girouds chances of keeping it will decrease a lot more if he doesn't bang the goals away before he hasn't had a player of Alexis's quality to keep out.

Lancelot

Established Member
I believe that he should be taken more seriously than just a super-sub.

When we play with central midfielders that do not offer consistent vertical passes that break the lines like Coquelin-Elneny, I'd personally like to see the front 4 of Giroud, Alexis, Özil and Walcott/Perez/Iwobi starting the match because Giroud generally allows us to be more direct and creative from the flanks while said central midfielders can fully focus on being solid defensively and provide our wide players with safe ball-recycled outlets.

It's not just about himself naturally being a target man, in my opinion. As a team, our dynamics in attack do change according to our central midfield options; I've got a feeling that Giroud will work better with certain selections while Alexis up front will also work better with the others.

Axel_Gunner

can we stop now that talk about how great/**** Giroud is/was/will be? who cares about that "i always said that Giroud is a great striker" blablabla?

Giroud made an awesome game today. So lets wait for his next performances and i'm sure there will be some **** games and good games and we can rate that when time has come.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
I believe that he should be taken more seriously than just a super-sub.

When we play with central midfielders that do not offer consistent vertical passes that break the lines like Coquelin-Elneny, I'd personally like to see the front 4 of Giroud, Alexis, Özil and Walcott/Perez/Iwobi starting the match because Giroud generally allows us to be more direct and creative from the flanks while said central midfielders can fully focus on being solid defensively and provide our wide players with safe ball-recycled outlets.

It's not just about himself naturally being a target man, in my opinion. As a team, our dynamics in attack do change according to our central midfield options; I've got a feeling that Giroud will work better with certain selections while Alexis up front will also work better with the others.
I think the trick with Giroud is you have to manage his minutes as he just doesn't have the stamina to last 90 min week in, week out (ironic I know)...

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
can we stop now that talk about how great/**** Giroud is/was/will be? who cares about that "i always said that Giroud is a great striker" blablabla?

Giroud made an awesome game today. So lets wait for his next performances and i'm sure there will be some **** games and good games and we can rate that when time has come.
What does all this even mean?

"Can we stop talking about Giroud in his thread on an Arsenal message board, after he scored two match winning goals, and instead post about his next performance, or performances after that?"

What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Latest posts

Top Bottom