• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | Bournemouth v Arsenal | 3/1/17 | 7:45

Result?

• Third straight away loss, Arsenal style

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Victory

Votes: 23 46.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Zolomon

You're right, squad cost doesn't equal footballing ability. But it does correlate with it massively. And as far as I can tell the best measure we have . . better than wages and a huge improvement over opinion.

If you want to compare managers, which everybody on here loves to do, then what else is there mate? It's meaningless if you can't take the squad ability into account.

Your time based argument is valid of course, Wenger has had opportunities not afforded to Klopp. But Wenger hasn't necessarily got who he wanted. If he'd had Mourinho's budget the likes of Pogba and others could well have been on the radar.
was suarez, calvalho, kante, higuain not on his radar. He went and got elneny. Now he has got a young untested left back, who cannot contribute to us right now, instead of buying one with some quality. Then when the poor players he buys dont perform, ppl like you then claim its the players faults. Well wenger bought them, he had years to build his team. Klopp and Conte did not have that priviledge and are doing the best with what they have. I ams ure you are gonna say hazard is the best player of all the teams, but can you say the same of henderson?

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I[m so over this ffrelling thread. Wenger fûcked up like he usually fûcks up every year. Same old same old.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
was suarez, calvalho, kante, higuain not on his radar. He went and got elneny. Now he has got a young untested left back, who cannot contribute to us right now, instead of buying one with some quality. Then when the poor players he buys dont perform, ppl like you then claim its the players faults. Well wenger bought them, he had years to build his team. Klopp and Conte did not have that priviledge and are doing the best with what they have. I ams ure you are gonna say hazard is the best player of all the teams, but can you say the same of henderson?
Not the old 'ppl like you' line. I'm out.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Sweet Wenger dreams!
:lol: I dreamt last night that I was in a forest of angry fools who wanted to release their frustrations by berating an old sensei. I tried to defend him but their sense of entitlement had an overpowering evil force that knew no reason or logic. :lol: Strange dream.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
You said:

Hell, if they were than its Wenger's poor judgement and squad building with a bigger budget.

The above is not talking about squad building, purchasing players & suggesting we have a bigger budget for that compared to Liverpool?

Squad quality and money spent generally goes hand in hand. I don't believe ours is miles better by any stretch and their position now and the fact they've come closer to winning the league much more recently than ourselves probably shows that.
You're right, my mistake in that part but I disagree with the last paragraph completely.

Liverpool at the time had Suarez, top 10 or even 5 player in the world. Gerrard was still Gerrard despite on his last legs. Sturridge on superb form and Sterling. Skrtel and Toure were better individual players while Sakho was able to play compared to the current shower of BS.

Also, during that time our squad wasn't as good as it is now. Full of deadwood and players on their last legs. Alexis wasn't signed who is a top 10 player like Suarez was atm. Cech wasn't signed. No Xhaka and Mustafi, Iwobi and Bellerin hadn't emerged.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom