• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Leicester City 0 - 1 Arsenal | Saturday, February 25 | KO: 15:00 GMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

86a7e582ced3f6822776b5ce331b2ad1_crop_exact.jpg

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I'd like to see the same with of Eddie being dropped for his performance against Villa, Trossard moving to CF and Martinelli at LW.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I’d go as far to say this was the best performance I’ve ever seen at the Emirates, couldn’t believe what I was watching after years of Lacazette lmao.

Only true Arsenal number 9s, score against Leicester on their first Emirates match...

...absolute bullet header this!

Riou

Jorginho played very well against a more physical Villa midfield (who were super fired up for our match too due to Emery) so I have no worries in Jorg starting here.

Just make sure Partey is fully fit before we play him again, don't rush him.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Seems they can't defend so if we just do our job competently we should be able to win this

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Jorginho played very well against a more physical Villa midfield (who were super fired up for our match too due to Emery) so I have no worries in Jorg starting here.

Just make sure Partey is fully fit before we play him again, don't rush him.
Looking at our next 5 fixtures and based on what on what I’ve seen of Jorghi to date (in particular Saturday) he should be more than good enough; we need Partey fit, not just back, for the final run in.

Riou

Looking at our next 5 fixtures and based on what on what I’ve seen of Jorghi to date (in particular Saturday) he should be more than good enough; we need Partey fit, not just back, for the final run in.

A fit and on form returning pair of Jesus and Partey could really give us that extra edge to win this title, MASSIVE win v Villa without them and one that could be super important come the season's end.

MikeVinna

Established Member
If there’s any doubt about TP5’s involvement I’d rather the club not risk it. And it seems from the Villa team selection that we won’t do that anymore. Jorginho is a solid backup option. I love Mo but I’m so happy we don’t have to start him anymore.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
What's the point of calling for totally unrealistic changes? Like it's just not going to happen so why even bother?

Eddie has been poor of late in the past 4 or 5 games and deserves to be dropped. Whilst Trossard has played numerous matches at CF in the past 2 seasons at Brighton.

TheGreatWright8

Player:Jesus
Eddie has been poor of late in the past 4 or 5 games and deserves to be dropped. Whilst Trossard has played numerous matches at CF in the past 2 seasons at Brighton.
He must have some incriminating photos of Arteta to be starting game after game despite being piss poor converting in combination with his poor decision making.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Yes but you know Arteta isn't going to do that unless Eddie is injured so why even bother?

Goonger

Villa game aside, for some reason, I find away games more relaxing, anyone else?

I wish I did. I look at nearly every away game and think we have the potential to drop points here!

He must have some incriminating photos of Arteta to be starting game after game despite being piss poor converting in combination with his poor decision making.

It's not even the fact that he's starting but he's playing 90mins every game, even if he's struggling. Could easily have brought Martinelli on for him in Saturday for instance, just for 30mins, but no, it's the same Trossard - Martinelli swap all the time.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I'd like to see the same with of Eddie being dropped for his performance against Villa, Trossard moving to CF and Martinelli at LW.

His performance where he was involved in winning the corner which led to our equaliser, and put a chance on a plate for Ødegaard? That performance? Why do others get a pass but Eddie has to be perfect?

Also, Trossard isn't a CF, neither is Martinelli.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
His performance where he was involved in winning the corner which led to our equaliser, and put a chance on a plate for Ødegaard? That performance? Why do others get a pass but Eddie has to be perfect?

Also, Trossard isn't a CF, neither is Martinelli.

I dont mean to keep ragging on Eddie, but he was not good vs Villa. He was mostly anonymous. Winning a corner was one of his top contributions, roflmao

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I dont mean to keep ragging on Eddie, but he was not good vs Villa. He was mostly anonymous. Winning a corner was one of his top contributions, roflmao
His top contribution was winning the ball and laying it on a plate for Ødegaard. That should have won us the game.

He also won the penalty vs City.

While Jesus is out, just back him instead of hating on every missed chance or loose touch.

Henry boi

So what you are saying is other teams are adaptable and change their principles against us to get the result they want. Yet we never seem to go to say City, camp in our own box and sneak a win or a draw.
You say this as though City do this all the time, it was the first and only time a team has had more possession than them in the league since pep took over, maybe the fact that they changed their approach says more about this current Arsenal team
We've seen Arteta before winning the FA cup with a more defensive approach, maybe he feels now he has a team to dominate ball against anyone, and if he feels so why should he change his approach

TheGreatWright8

Player:Jesus
His top contribution was winning the ball and laying it on a plate for Ødegaard. That should have won us the game.

He also won the penalty vs City.

While Jesus is out, just back him instead of hating on every missed chance or loose touch.

If the guy ain't good enough he ain't good enough, he misses far too many chances how many has he even got on target ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom