• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2016/17 season

Where will Arsenal finish this season?

• Total voters

RUS arsenal

Established Member
The Luiz, Azpilicueta + Cahill line is working fine & Zouma back now to fill in rather than the old boys.

Six clean sheets in the last eight with just one conceded in each of the other two! Includes the likes of United, City, Sp**s, Everton & Leicester.
I was worried based on Chelsea's results but after watching their game against City, I'm a bit more relaxed. Looks like it is just a good run much like us, City and 'Pool had. Furthermore, it looks like that run is coming to an end as they were absolutely dire Saturday. I wouldn't be surprised if West Brom got some points off of them. Luis and Cahill are a terrible combo of CBs to have (Luis really should've been red carded much earlier in the game when he brought, I think it was, Aguero who would've been free on goal. Not to mention Aguero failed to score some chances he generally puts away in his sleep).

Goonerozil33

I was worried based on Chelsea's results but after watching their game against City, I'm a bit more relaxed. Looks like it is just a good run much like us, City and 'Pool had. Furthermore, it looks like that run is coming to an end as they were absolutely dire Saturday. I wouldn't be surprised if West Brom got some points off of them. Luis and Cahill are a terrible combo of CBs to have (Luis really should've been red carded much earlier in the game when he brought, I think it was, Aguero who would've been free on goal. Not to mention Aguero failed to score some chances he generally puts away in his sleep).
More or less agree with this assessment. I think the front 3 make them extremely dangerous. Hazard, Costa and Pedro or Willian are all dangerous players who can score goals and create without needing too much support. The rest of the 7 are a good defensive unit now. Unless Costa goes down for a month or two i expect them to win the league. He is the most important player in their team. Also, the effort put in by their wingback is not going to last for an entire season. I think they will start dipping soon in the next 2-3 weeks.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
This Chelsea team know how to win the league BUT they should have been battered on Saturday. City imploded but Chelsea were ruthless on the counter - they're the best in the league on the break.

Anyone finishing above Chelsea will win the league imo.
Yip, I've been convincing a City fan at work for over a fortnight now that they're the team to beat. He finally agrees with me.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Chelsea look like a well oiled machine. Not that there aren't any weaknesses. Its just that it'll take a team of City/Arsenal's quality to exploit them. And how many such teams there are in the league.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Kante's due an injury, his started basically every game for Leicester and Caen.

Doubt it'll happen though, guy's a machine.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Costa seemed to have pulled a hamstring late in match, no ?

Hopefully it means they can't score as much and end up dropping few points somewhere in their easy run till after New Year.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Chelsea are clearly front runners. No European football is a big advantage, they've experience of winning the league, they've big game players and they've already played all the top teams at least once and have a very good record.

Duffed United, beat City away, beat Sp**s lost against us and Liverpool. Duffed Everton and disposed of Southampton as well.

One or two injuries may hurt them but when you can bring in Fabregas, Willian, Batshuayi, Terry etc you aren't to bad off.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Chelsea have been fool proof since we beat them. Wins over Utd, City and Sp**s and they've conceded what, 2-3 goals. If they continue like this they'll run away with it but you'd assume they will hit a slump. They are super solid right now though.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Chelsea have been fool proof since we beat them. Wins over Utd, City and Sp**s and they've conceded what, 2-3 goals. If they continue like this they'll run away with it but you'd assume they will hit a slump. They are super solid right now though.
2 goals I think it is in like 8 games. Madness!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Imo I won't see us as title challengers until we tackle a tough run of fixtures and actually meet or exceed expectations.

Chelsea got six points from Sp**s at home and City away. Excellent. A lot on here would be happy with 2 or 3 points from those two fixtures.

We had Sp**s at home and united away and got two points (let's not even talk about the performances) Decent.

Decent doesn't win you titles.

Last edited:

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
This league is so unpredictable but Chelsea steamrolling through that unpredictability. Hopefully Costa's hammy will go twang soon!

Key for us to remain on their coattails till we find some form. There has to be some confidence gained by the lads with results gained whilst not playing well.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This league is so unpredictable but Chelsea steamrolling through that unpredictability. Hopefully Costa's hammy will go twang soon!

Key for us to remain on their coattails till we find some form. There has to be some confidence gained by the lads with results gained whilst not playing well.
At the moment Chelsea are winning but City missed some easy chances. Player confidence is high now. Notice the difference between this team and the one last year when confidence was low with Mourinho, similar players.

The same is happening at United. His whole demeanour is 'down' and it carries through to the players.

Still think 3 at the back is risky in the EPL. Hopefully they'll lose a game or two soon, like Liverpool.

redanddread

At the moment Chelsea are winning but City missed some easy chances. Player confidence is high now. Notice the difference between this team and the one last year when confidence was low with Mourinho, similar players.

The same is happening at United. His whole demeanour is 'down' and it carries through to the players.

Still think 3 at the back is risky in the EPL. Hopefully they'll lose a game or two soon, like Liverpool.
We have to hope!

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I wouldn’t go crazy over Chelsea yet, they’re on a good run of form just as we’ve previously had ourselves. It’s impressive but they’re performance haven’t been so incredible that they look unstoppable. The 3-1 at the weekend was partly due to a ref error.

Weren’t Tottenham looking good at the end of October? Things quickly change.

redanddread

After 14 rounds, we can now make the "Anyone Can Beat Anyone In The Premier League" circle

submitted 17 hours ago by moonflower

Arsenal beat Chelsea 3-0 24 Sep 2016
Chelsea beat Tottenham 2-1 26 Nov 2016
Tottenham beat Manchester City 2-0 2 Oct 2016
Manchester City beat Manchester Utd 2-1 10 Sep 2016
Manchester Utd beat Southampton 2-0 19 Aug 2016
Southampton beat West Ham 3-0 25 Sep 2016
West Ham beat Bournemouth 1-0 21 Aug 2016
Bournemouth beat Everton 1-0 24 Sep 2016
Everton beat West Bromwich 2-1 20 Aug 2016
West Bromwich beat Watford 3-1 3 Dec 2016
Watford beat Middlesbrough 1-0 16 Oct 2016
Middlesbrough beat Sunderland 2-1 21 Aug 2016
Sunderland beat Hull City 3-0 19 Nov 2016
Hull City beat Leicester 2-1 13 Aug 2016
Leicester beat Swansea 2-1 27 Aug 2016
Swansea beat Crystal Palace 5-4 26 Nov 2016
Crystal Palace beat Stoke 4-1 18 Sep 2016
Stoke beat Burnley 2-0 3 Dec 2016
Burnley beat Liverpool 2-0 20 Aug 2016
Liverpool beat Arsenal 4-3 14 Aug 2016

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/5ggwl7/after_14_rounds_we_can_now_make_the_anyone_can/

Reactions: SYS

SYS

Imo I won't see us as title challengers until we tackle a tough run of fixtures and actually meet or exceed expectations.

Chelsea got six points from Sp**s at home and City away. Excellent. A lot on here would be happy with 2 or 3 points from those two fixtures.

We had Sp**s at home and united away and got two points (let's not even talk about the performances) Decent.

Decent doesn't win you titles.

Reckon we have good chance of winning against Everton and City to stay in the mix till Januray. Feb/Mar is where we fall apart usually being the toughest part of the season for any PL team. Remains to be seen if we can keep our players fit during that phase

redanddread

Reckon we have good chance of winning against Everton and City to stay in the mix till Januray. Feb/Mar is where we fall apart usually being the toughest part of the season for any PL team. Remains to be seen if we can keep our players fit during that phase
Lets keep them fit through December & January first.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 26

Sturm Graz Sporting Director Andreas Schicker says he will meet Arsenal next week to attempt to sign striker Mika Biereth permanently [Kurier]

Arsenal have made contact with Stade Rennais and representatives regarding a move for Désiré Doué this summer. They are joined by PSG, Manchester United, Sp**s, Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund in the pursuit for the 18 year-old [The Secret Scout]

Arsenal are in the running to sign Crystal Palace attacker Michael Olise alongside Manchester United, Liverpool, Newcastle and Chelsea [Darren Lewis - The Mirror]

Emile Smith Rowe will hold talks with the club this week as the likelihood of him leaving for more playing time grows [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom