• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2016/17 season

Where will Arsenal finish this season?

• Total voters

skip spence

So, a hugely dissaponting home loss at opening night and all is doom and gloom.

Then the teams turns it around and starts playing well. Come October the question is being asked: is this finally the year for the gunners?

Then in November injuries to key players upset our rhythm and a string of disappointing results see us lose ground on the leaders setting up a poor the x-mas period where our squad looks stretched, tired and uninspired. Mid February we are too far off the pace to challenge.

I'm getting ahead of myself but it seems like I've seen this film before.

Walter White

We have brilliant fixtures until Stamford Bridge. Considering how bad West Ham and Everton look we should expect to lose only at the Etihad. Need to be in top end of Jan

goonerwarsh

Established Member
We're just fine where we are at the moment in terms of our league position, regardless of the bad performances. As long as we are within touching distance come Christmas then we're in a position to make a challenge for the league.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Cy2lrfoWEAQAU6R.jpg

2nd, and 10 points ahead of Man Utd. I'm happy with that.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Chelsea don't have a really tough fixtures until January and match against Sp**s.We just hope that they'll drop points somewhere before that.On the other hand we have matches against Everton and City.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Chelski in the driving seat for sure, but we're right in the mix. Liverpool's defence is suspect at the best of times and they've lost two games in which Matip hasn't played. They lose him and Mane to the AFCON in January, one would suspect they'll try and get someone in.

We lose Elneny. Fortunately for us and Chelski Nigeria didn't qualify so we have Iwobi and they have Moses. Anyone else feel like the AFCON is every year? :lol:.

say yes

forum master baiter
Chelsea got to be the favourites.

Their form after the change in formation has been ridiculous.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Chelsea got to be the favourites.

Their form after the change in formation has been ridiculous.
Yeah, somebody needs to hold Chelsea in their next few games to stop their momentum. They play West Brom next who seem to be in good form (at least based on results) so one can hope.

More importantly, we need to continue plugging away and maintain the pace.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Now Conte has sorted the defense they are the only team with no stand out weakness. Expect them to pull clear at the top.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Chelshit are frauds. $ity should have been 3/4-0 up by half time. They'll get exposed soon enough.
After watching the extended highlights I got to say Chelsea were very lucky that City didn't have their shooting boots on that day and that the ref was absolutely atrocious. To call it a smash and grab by Chelsea wouldn't be too far off (also how Chelsea didn't get a red card either is beyond me).

Last edited:

say yes

forum master baiter
Thought it would be interesting to weigh PL results so far against the quality of teams faced. Slightly arbitrary, but here's what we've got.

Par = 0 = on track for 87 points (about the average winning tally over the past decade).

Chelsea: 2
Liverpool: -1
Arsenal: -2
City: -4
Sp**s: -5
United: -11

Big 6: 3/6 points [Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Liverpool, Sp**s, United]
Middle 6: 4/6 points [Leicester, Southampton, West Ham, West Brom, Everton, Watford]
Bottom 8: 6/6 points [Swansea, Crystal Palace, Bournemouth, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Stoke, Burnley, Hull]

Last edited:

RUS arsenal

Established Member
By the way, good news for us is that Aguero and Fernandinho are both suspended for our game, not that we should relax in any way...

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
No stand out weaknesses?! How about their centre backs?
The Luiz, Azpilicueta + Cahill line is working fine & Zouma back now to fill in rather than the old boys.

Six clean sheets in the last eight with just one conceded in each of the other two! Includes the likes of United, City, Sp**s, Everton & Leicester.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom